1200 calories per day-what did you eat today?

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
I wanted to start a post for all of those who are sticking to 1200 calories per day, share what you had for breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks. I think it's hard to come up with new ideas and get bored. Most days I have Kefir for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch and kebobs for dinner with sirloin or chicken, and veggies.
The hardest thing for me is going out and drinking. I hate to say no to a baseball game but I know if I go I will eat a lot of junk and drink beer. If I stick to 300 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I can usually have a drink or two for a snack.
Hope to hear from some people, thanks!

Replies

• amatia
    amatia Posts: 3
    Options
    Breakfast
    coffee and activia

Lunch
    2 piecew weight Watchers bread wheat
    1 cup sliced strawberries
    1/2 cup cauliflower

Supper
    Yam
    asparagus - 10 pieces steamed
    beets 1/2 cup
    pork 1/2 cup
    1 Pillsbury biscut
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    well mine is actually set at 1290, but i have an assortment of things to eat. i eat alot of fruit and veggies(im vegan). i had been consuming alot of brown rice, brown pasta and other things in the carb dept, but i'm trying to lessen those, i think that is what is keep this last 15 pounds on me i want to lose. but when i was eating all the carbs i was always over on cals. fruits and veggies are so good for you and usually relatively low in cals.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I had a slimfast shake for breakfast, as I find they fill me p really well, I don't crave and they give me vitamins and minerals, I then had a low sugar and salt Heinz beans snap pot on three bits of toasted weight watchers bread spread with a tiny amount of clover light, then I had a naughty snack of a stick of licorice as we went to a garden fayre yesterday and they were selling it and its my favourite! We walked for 2 hours after so I didn't feel so bad!

For dinner I had a large mixed leaf salad, baby plum tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, 6 new potatoes and 4 slices of chicken breast. I add 2 measured tablespoons of low fat/calorie french dressing and I put extra low calorie hellman's mayonnaise on the new potatoes, I also add a dab of primula cracked black pepper soft cheese (the hellmans bulks it out and makes it taste creamy, before I would have used butter and had cheddar or white Stilton with my salad) I then had a 9 calorie mango jelly. and later on a banana as a snack.

I had some toast and marmite later, but this took me over, but I had lots of exercise calories so thought i would use some, I don't always.
  • berrybabe
    Options
    My breakfast is either 1/2 cup special k w/ berries, skim milk and 1 tablespoon peanut butter OR one slice whole wheat toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and a hard boiled egg. My snacks are either Muscle MIlk light protein shake ( 4.5 oz) or a small gala apple and 1 ounce almonds. Dinner is either chicken, fish or pork with steamed brocolli, sugar snap peas, or a simple salad with low sugar/low fat dressing. I do exchange the berries for 1/2 banana and do have steamed brocolli with a scrambled egg (made with water for breakfast some days. The monotony is tought.. but remember the goal!!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Kashi cereal It is SOOO Good and SOOOO Fulling! So I have that for breakfast or an English muffin, its good to have carbs ion the morning to keep you awake and full, for lunch I will have Alaskan Salmon-no bun with ketchup or BBQ sauce, and dinner a turkey burger or tuna out of the can with some kind of veggie! YUMMY! Alot of times I will eat egg whites though out the day or make fruit smoothies, yummy
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1 Packet of strawberries and cream oatmeal @ 130 calories

LUNCH
    Salad with grilled chicken breast with Kraft fat free italian. @ 180calories
    5 baked ruffles chips(settle the craving) my guess @ 50 calories

DINNER
    1 Talapia fillet @ 97 calories
    salsa @ 40 calories
    lime @ 15 calories
    diced onion and celantro ?
    2 mission corn tortilla's (thin) @ 110 calories

SNACK:
    1 C. of fresh strawberries ?

My day so far is around 700 calories.. I will probably have some milk with dinner at 110 calories
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    have to ask, being English and all...what is an English muffin?

is it what we call a crumpet? http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1331502/2/istockphoto_1331502_crumpet.jpg
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Okay, for those who only have a cup of coffee for breakfast, and tend to skip meals in order to eat a big burger for dinner, here's the bad news--- you might be consuming your 1200 calories a day but you are killing your metabolism, and you are more prone for storing fat. The reason being is that when the body is deprived of food, it sends signals to the brain that there is a deficiency, therefore the next time you consume anything---half of it is used, and the other half is stored in a form of fat. Therefore, in order to boost your metabolism thus continue losing weight, it is recommended that we consume food every 3 hours to keep the stomach working as well as our metabolism.

Hope this helps,
    Yazi
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    1200 calories a day is TOUGH if you don't get the right foods. Today I was able to fall just below 1200 and feel totally satisfied (this doesn't often happen)

BREAKFAST: (315 calories)
    Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla Plus
    Gala Apple
    1 Tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter
    One A Day Vita Craves Gummies
    Vita Fusion Power C Gummies

LUNCH: (241 calories)
    2.2 Cups Fresh Watermelon
    Chobani Greek Yogurt - Strawberry Flavor

DINNER: (537 calories)
    Arnold Bread - Grains & More Natural Flax & Fiber - 2 slices toasted
    2 Tbsp Pace Picante Mild Salsa
    Kraft Sinlges Fat Free Sharp Cheddar Cheese - 2 slices
    Gardenburger - Black Bean Chipotle
    Harris Teeter Frozen Cauliflower 1.25 Cups
    Baja Fresh Salsa Verde 1 oz.
    Fresh Watermellon 1 Cup
    Silk Soy Milk - Chocolate Light

SNACK/DESSERT: (100 calories)
    Klondike Slim-A-Bear

TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY: 1,193 :drinker:
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, here's a little rundown....
    For breakfast: Coffee or tea everyday and fruit, particularly half a banana, blueberries, or strawberries. Then, I alternate between low sugar oatmeal, cereal (Special K is my preference), and half a multi grain english muffin w/little fruit spread or an egg over easy.
    For lunch: Usually a decent sized salad w/chicken, tuna, or garbanzo beans added to it.
    For dinner: It varies, but usually baked chicken or fish, a side of veggies, and perhaps brown rice. Barilla whole grain pasta when I have that craving for pasta.
    Snacks: rice cakes, Kashi whole grain crackers (love roasted garlic one) w/Laughing Cow Light swiss cheese wedge, Activia yogurt.
    I think it's so important to vary our foods, or we'll get bored with our meals, and possibly get off track.
  • amysj303
    Options
    yes, that is an English Muffin, or one-half of an English muffin, you split them in half here, not sure about there!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200, but I'm extra hungry today for some reason, so I'm earning extra cals by walking everywhere. Need to take redbox movie back soon (which will give me even more cals to munch)

What I've had today:

BREAKFAST
    a bowl of Quaker Life cereal with banana & almond milk
    large orange

LUNCH:
    Bolthouse Farms chocolate protein smoothie

SNACK:
    Kashi cookie & a gogurt

DINNER:
    Tiny pork bits (pork, pineapple, rice)

DESSERT:
    Blue Bunny Aspen
  • amysj303
    Options
    allykat8, if that is your abs I'll eat what you eat;)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    have to ask, being English and all...what is an English muffin?

is it what we call a crumpet? http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1331502/2/istockphoto_1331502_crumpet.jpg

haha that's funny because when I read what you had eaten I thought to myself, "I don't know half of what she's talking about!" Yeah I think an English muffin is a crumpet but they average around 100 cals and aren't a real "bakery item" if that makes sense. :wink:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I love having a piece of toasted rye bread with one wedge of Light Laughing Cow cheese spread over it, and topped with some sliced ham heated in a non-stick frying pan... add a piece of fruit and coffee with milk and it's a nice, balanced breakfast that's super-fast. According to my food log, it's less than 300 cals altogether.
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup of Kashi cereal and a splash of soy milk. -133 calories
    Lunch: Bread roll, baked salmon fillet, chicken leg- 346 calories
    Dinner: 1 tortilla, 2 tbsp of hummus, 1 slice of turkey, 1 banana, 1 reduced fat string cheese -388 calories
    Snacks: 1 whole mango, 1 reduced fat string cheese, a handful of cashews -313 calories
    TOTAL: 1,180

Not such a bad day...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat somewhere in the avenue of 1200-1500 depending on my activity level. I have pretty learned how to eat what I want but make it myself and make it healthier.

Today
    Breakfast - Wrap and coffee
    (Flat out wrap, 2 egg whites, slice of cheese, 1/2 turkey sausage)
    Lunch - Turkey "Rachel"
    (2 slices double fiber bread, in the panini maker, 2oz Boar's Head turkey pastrami, Boar's head sauerkraut w/ my own Russian dressing)
    Klondike bar - no sugar added
    Snacks - handful of strawberries,bowl of oatmeal w/ peanut butter, another coffee later on w/ whipped cream
    Dinner - homemade chicken fajitas (one) and a serving of black beans
    Total - 1200 cals

Very satisfying day!
  • livingnlove
    Options
    Yeah, I checked a video on youtube and what you call a crumpet, we call an english muffin.
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    Breakfast--instant oatmeal & black coffee
    lunch-- tuna & crackers
    dinner--chicken breast & corn
    snacks--oranges, apples, watermelon

When I know I am going out for drinks, or dinner I try to consume less calories during the day and maybe add a workout.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST
    scrambled eggs in a corn tortilla with salsa and cheddar cheese
    ranch potatos
    sauteed zucchini and summer squash
    vanilla greek yogurt

LUNCH
    salad with tuna and black beans in a raspberry lime vinegarette
    caramel calcium chew

SUPPER