Weight loss on a higher cal limit successes?

Options
Misssynth
Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
My limit on here is 1690 cals, and I work out and burn around 500 which I eat most of back. Was wondering who of you has done this and lost a lot? Photos would be great, and how long it took you. =)

Replies

• charlottehrb
    Options
    I'm doing exactly the same thing babe. It seems the magic 1,200 isn't so magic after all and I have to say I have so much more energy with eating more and way more motivation to workout. Last time I just wanted to sleep all the time and was losing weight but not really inches or changing shape. I'm on 1,600 at the moment but will probably increase. We burn around 2,000 calories just living and breathing and stuff, excluding exercise, so under that is going to mean losing weight, but on anything under 1,500 you're barely eating half of what you need.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know youre doing it too, and your loss this morning was encouraging, I'm just so used to doing the 1200 and working out I just cant wrap my head around eating this much AND somehow losing the weight!! Hoping someone on here who's been doing it for a while can show some definite progress. Even if it is only 10lb or something
  • profesorakate
    profesorakate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    also interested
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    My daily goal is around 1900 right now (I zig zag around that though so some days I eat higher and others lower but my weekly average is around that 1900 mark), it was higher when I weighed more and was nursing my kid more often. 42lbs. down since the beginning of September. B&A pics in profile :)
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    eating between 1,700 - 2,200. i've lost 25 pounds so far!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, so never had to worry about the 1,200 calorie thing...but MFP did initially give me 1,400 as my goal for losing 2 Lbs per week...that's pretty low for a 5'10" male weighing 210 Lbs at the time.

I eat around 1,850 net (2,200 gross) and lose. It's slower for sure, but much more manageable...and I don't really feel like I'm on a "diet" because it's plenty of food.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I lose at 1600, maintain at 1850-ish and eat 2100-ish when I lift.

1200 is pretty low for most adults.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I ate 1350-1700 plus exercise calories to lose, so a total of 1700-2000+. It took about 6 months to reach my goal weight, then I lost a little more, and then I gained some back by got smaller (yay, strength training) so I didn't care.

Currently maintaining at about 2300 calories. I eat a little under that during the week and don't log my food on weekends when I eat a little more.

Photos and stuff: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My limit on here is 1690 cals, and I work out and burn around 500 which I eat most of back. Was wondering who of you has done this and lost a lot? Photos would be great, and how long it took you. =)

I used to be able to eat that much and lose-- when I was 22 - 23. Things change!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1800 and usually eat my exercise cals back and I've lost 14 pounds since the beginning of the year.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    150 to 120 netting 1700 cals and eating back exercise calories (mostly hiking):
    535356_10151751503765607_1690500749_n.jpg

Then I decided to eat at a calorie surplus and lift weights. This is 2 pics of me at 130:
    untitled.JPG

Not done yet, still working on it. Screw weight loss, I'm going for looking better now.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My current daily goal is 1950-2000 cals/day. When I work out I might net a little less as I don't eat all the workout cals back. I've lost 18 lbs since January 9th.

Of course, I have 100 lbs to lose, so my daily calorie needs are higher right now.
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I used to be able to eat that much and lose-- when I was 22 - 23. Things change!

You said it sister!
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I ate 1350-1700 plus exercise calories to lose, so a total of 1700-2000+. It took about 6 months to reach my goal weight, then I lost a little more, and then I gained some back by got smaller (yay, strength training) so I didn't care.

Currently maintaining at about 2300 calories. I eat a little under that during the week and don't log my food on weekends when I eat a little more.

Photos and stuff: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics

Wow!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I NET between 1700-1900+ (calorie allowance is 1900, plus I eat back most of my exercise calories.) I've lost 25lbs. since January 1st. My profile picture is my comparison from then to now. Feel free to add me!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same amount and down 50. I average around 600 calories a workout. My before/after pics are in my profile. :wink:
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories to 1700 based off my TDEE so I'm very interested in some of the success stories!
  • OliLloyd
    OliLloyd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ..... so under that is going to mean losing weight...

That isn't remotely true, you won't lose weight underneath that as a general rule. It is important that the diet fits the person completely. Ideally, you wouldn't want to eat back your full calorie burn amount. ATM My intake is at 1700 a day, which I usually hit around 1600 of and burn about 600-700 per day, for me that works, but for others it may not.
    Ideally you'd want to keep a higher calorie intake (1700 ish being high, I guess, for a woman) and ensure that you stick reasonably to the same amount going in as out every day and log how well you are doing.

There are a lot of success stories around on this site, but also I guess through people you'll meet in life. A friend of mine, a man, lost around 40lbs or so by intaking 2000 cals a day, burning 650 and sticking to a low/medium amount of carbs/sugars (obviously). Different things work for different people, which sucks, as I totally wish there was one rule for everyone and it resulted in is all looking hot as hell.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have only been using MFP for just under a month (down 5 pounds) - started at 1250 and have been slowly increasing - trying to get to my TDEE -20% (1900) but mentally struggling with it. I am probably netting on average 1400-1500 but still too soon to say overall impact. I do know that 1250 left me very hungry and cranky and as I have slowly increased the intake, the hunger is not nearly as profound. There are still nights that I go to bed with a little growl in my tummy - which is why I know I need to keep upping the number until I find the right mix of intake and exercise...This is approach is completely new to me but I find it interesting and much more manageable.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My net goal has been 1610 since the beginning of this year. I've lost about 14 pounds in that time, and I'm okay with that. I haven't been perfect -- I had bronchitis for a while which slowed me down, and I kind of fell of the wagon. Multiple folks advised me to up my intake from 1200 to restart loss after a plateau, and it worked brilliantly. I swim and do yoga for exercise, and I eat back my exercise calories. I do believe different things work for different people, but I also believe that eating too little can stall a person and mess up metabolism. I wish you the best!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!