For girls who are 5 feet tall, what is your weightloss goal?

Options

Replies

• Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5.1 ft and want to reach 120. But i might be happy also with 130

I am exactly the same. I will wait and see how I go when I reach 130 if I feel happy and fit then I will stay where I am, if not, I will go to the 120.

Currently I am 157, and for my first goal I am hoping to be 132 before my holiday in September :)
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all,
    I'm 5 ft, current weight 185lb, aiming for 125lb. During the course of my 3 weeks on MFP to date, I realised that whilst not losing weight on the scales, my body is changing for the better, albeit slowly . . . so my revised goal will be whatever weight I get to when I'm toned & fit, which I think will be in the vicinity of 135lb???
    :wink: Have a nice day everyone!
  • glenis50
    glenis50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 ft and very fined boned, I was between 98lb and 105 most of my adult life, I'm 62 years old. I started to put on weight about 5 years ago not heaps about 20 lb, but different kind of weight all flab around my stomach, back, bust and tops of arms, not a good look. I am not that active, do pilates 2 times a week, eat between 1200 and 1400 cals, I have lost 5lbs since MFP slow about half a lb a week , I am 110 lb now. I never thought I over ate, probably didn't eat enough or not consistent, I think that's the key for me. My goal is 105.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I know I posted on here already, but I've changed my goal.

I have decided not to go below 22% body fat, mostly because of loss of boob and also because I feel my forearms and calves are too skinny. Also, I want to get strong, and cutting too much body fat leads to loss of strength.

My main focus is on strength and functionality, not aesthetics. So my goal now is to be able to be really, really strong, fit and healthy. I have set myself targets based on how much weight I can lift for the main lifts, i.e. squats, bench press and deadlifts.

In terms of weight etc, I'm aiming to gain weight. Maybe to get to as much as 140lb, but without gaining so much fat. If my body fat percentage goes above the mid 20s I'd consider doing a cut because I want to keep my body fat percentage in the healthy range, but I won't cut to the extent that I lose strength.

When I used to play ice hockey, I felt that I was at my strongest at 140lb. I was carrying more fat then that I am now, probably a little too much, but I also wasn't training with weights, so I think that 140lb might be a good weight for me to be, only this time with more muscle and less fat. But really I don't care about the scale so much, it's more a question of just getting really strong without gaining excessive amounts of fat, and being whatever weight I happen to be. Because really the scale doesn't mean anything. If you're fit and strong and your body fat percentage is in the healthy range, then really you shouldn't give a damn what the scale says.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My number goal is in the 160s for purely aesthetic reasons. Once I get there I'll continue to be healthy and work on my strength and let my body figure the rest out :)
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I see these posts all the time. I started at 146 with hopes to get into the 130 range. Now that I'm at 124, I'd like to get to 115. Who knows maybe once I hit 120 I'll be fine with it but I still have squishy parts that need to go away. Ladies, whatever weight you feel comfortable at is the one you should get to. Keep healthy!
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', 42 years old - currently 126 pounds, down from a heaviest weight (that I know of) of about 188 pounds. I'm pretty happy with where I am. I wouldn't object to getting down to around 120 pounds, but not trying very hard to get there, just eating as well as I can and exercising regularly - and I'll see what happens :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot nothing..and I reached my goal weight of 106lbs....I didn't lose all my weight on here..when I started out I was nearly 160lbs.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 110 lbs. I would like to get down to 103.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 110 lbs. I would like to get down to 103.

Why? you look great as you are!
  • callmejessica
    Options
    Thanks so much! And honestly, it's just a goal to help keep me obsessed...I mean, motivated ;). I can afford to lose the weight and still look healthy, but I won't be too upset if I don't quite get there.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Thanks so much! And honestly, it's just a goal to help keep me obsessed...I mean, motivated ;). I can afford to lose the weight and still look healthy, but I won't be too upset if I don't quite get there.

I wish my tummy was like yours.....:smile:
  • callmejessica
    Options

I wish my tummy was like yours.....:smile:

It takes patience! Just practice good eating habits (including portion control), drink lots of water and even green tea, and I like to do a lot of running.
  • WannaBeDiesel
    WannaBeDiesel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 but I hear ya sister! Pregnancy is crazy on your body!
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" currently sitting at about 154lbs and my goal is 115-120. :)
  • bzign
    bzign Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im 4'11 roughly 153cm and I am going to go until I like the way I look, I am supposed to be about 100 pounds, at my smallest I was 190 which was still about 2 dress sizes too big, 110 seems too small, I wanna keep my curves thank you :-) I would be happy just to lose my gut and tone up a bit. My main goal is not weightloss so much as gaining good health.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am aiming for 20-22% body fat. That could mean that the scale # ranges from 105-140lbs...especially because I am getting more into heavy lifting.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 10 1/2" and I lift heavy things and put them down. I'm currently 129 lb down from 172, or I'm a size 4 down from a size 16. My current body fat % is 26ish% and I'd like to get down to 20% body fat, so I'm aiming for about 120 lb give or take.
  • clauggie
    clauggie Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi hi!
    I'm also fun-sized. Currently I weight 132 and some change. My ideal goal is 115 because I still want to have killer curves. However, birth control right now is making my weight loss process slower than walking in mud. :(
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft...138 (down from 164)....I am thinking 120? It has been so long that I was at a small weight that I don't even remember..if I recall I was 19 at the time. I remember at 16 getting down to 106 but in all reality, even then I could not maintain it with my Italian roots and especially thighs! lol