How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options

Replies

• aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet and you can see what I've lost below... Guess I need to hit the 20 mark!
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options
    Not yet at 50lbs down. My jeans are feeling a little loose so maybe it will be noticeable soon.
  • CHIGGERMARIE
    Options
    I am at 18 pounds and no one has noticed. I think the bigger you are, the more you have to lose before people notice. It's disappointing, because you are working so hard, and starving to death. You just want someone to notice.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would say 20ish. My husband lost 30 and got a haircut and people started to notice.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For me it was at 15. I wonder though if people noticed earlier than that but just didn't mention it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    40ish.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    At the 15 pound mark, my colleagues started asking me if I had done something to my hair. :)

My husband noticed my muscles way before then. Once summer came around and I wore shorts instead of capris and a swimsuit without a coverup, more people noticed.
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For me it was at 8-10 lbs that people started noticing. I have a small frame so it is easy to notice when I lose weight, or gain for that matter. People noticing is the best motivational tool for me!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I started pretty big so it took about 30 before I even saw a difference. Then by 40 my husband and kids started to really see it and now finally at 50+ close friends are starting to notice. But I saw my family at Christmas and was down around 40 then and no one said a word and they hadn't seen me in 8 months prior to that.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    At 15-20 pounds I started getting a lot of compliments... gained 5 pounds back and the compliments stopped though. Guess it's time to lose more weight. :)
  • vegasjamie
    Options
    I started off at 397, I have lost 32 lbs and no one has noticed!! :(
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    At 20 lbs before anyone said anything or noticed. Now I'm 40 lbs down and they say I'm to skinny. LOL
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The first person to notice (or at least to say anything about it) did so a month or so after I started - so I'd say about 8lbs. My wife first actually said she noticed a couple weeks ago.
  • newloafofbread
    newloafofbread Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am at 18 pounds and no one has noticed. I think the bigger you are, the more you have to lose before people notice. It's disappointing, because you are working so hard, and starving to death. You just want someone to notice.

I think this is pretty true. I've gone down a size in pants but I can't even tell from looking in the mirror. Maybe if I kept wearing the too big pants then I might get some comments, but I went ahead and thrift shopped and pulled some old stuff out of storage. It would be unreasonable at this point to expect someone to notice 15 pounds, when I can't even see it. I'm sure when I hit the goal of 110 pounds lost then I will get some comments...
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    13lbs down & nobody seems to notice! I carry my weight in my bottom half so maybe that is why ! baby pouch is going down & I notice it, so thats all that matters !! It would be nice if someone would take notice - oh well still going :)
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    25 pounds!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My grandma notices at 2 lbs. haha... she's a shark!
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    People started noticing at 15, but they were close friends who felt comfortable commenting. I think sometimes people aren't sure and they don't want to make it seem like they are monitoring your weight. But typically for people that I'm not that close to and don't see often, they say something around 30 pounds off.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A woman at the gym asked me if I had lost weight at the 12lb. mark; at that point I had gone from 147.5 to 135.5. Noblody else, but that may change when we can get out of winter clothes.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think if you have lost weight in the past and then regained it then other people will less likely say anything to you.

For me it becomes noticeable at about 30 pounds.