How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options

Replies

• Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    People started to noticed around the 10lb loss mark since I started on MFP, however, it has been a journey. I lost roughly half a lb a week from Jan 1st 2012 to Dec 31st 2012. Some people said a few things last year, but very little.

I dropped about 10lbs in 2 months at the beginning of the year and people started to really notice... however I have dropped about 4 inches off my waist, so that would probably be why.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    People who see me daily still didn't notice even at a 25 lb loss, except my coworker who took a week off and noticed when she got back (I had lost 19 at that point). People who I see once every few weeks or less noticed around 15-20 lbs. I noticed by the way my clothes fit by about 15 lbs as well.
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    15-20... Everyone is starting to notice. :happy:
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    11 pounds
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I started off at 397, I have lost 32 lbs and no one has noticed!! :(

Me as well luv. Not noticed yet but I'm fine with that!
  • aviator111
    Options
    A girl in the canteen who had been working on another site the last month noticed this week, which was nice.

My lad has noticed but his weight loss in the last 18 months (through sport only) has been way more dramatic.

I'm not vain but looking forward to some comments in the future; the 'moobs' are gone but I don't generally undress in the office! So few will note this. Double chins gone.

I have wide shoulders and lots of upper torso build (from swimming) so it might take a while.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This time around it was 13 lbs. I had several people come up to me on the same day and say they could tell I was losing. Which is nice to hear cause I hadn't had a significant loss in many many months.
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    I went down one pants size, but stayed the same in weight, lost the inches and two people have said something. I will take it! :wink:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thought my Dr. was going to have a heart attack when he saw me yesterday... Last time I was there I was 100 pounds heavier back in Sept/Oct... My blood pressure was way down and he was shocked and amazed... Felt great. People started to notice at 40 pounds or roughly 10% of my body weight dropped. Now people really notice on a monthly basis or even more frequentlPr
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am tall and dont have much to lose so after 5 pounds people seem to notice. I lost 15 but gained it back. Now I am back at the gym trying again
    :happy:
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    15 lbs. I had 35 to lose total.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 30lbs so far and nobodys noticed:( Then again, pretty much everyone I see is daily and the rest, havent seen anyone I dont normally see regularly since Ive started this. Sadly though, im not noticing much either. Maybe cause there is so much to lose
  • akitagirl78
    akitagirl78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My grandma notices at 2 lbs. haha... she's a shark!
    Ha! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It was about 12 lbs for me, but I think that part of that is that it started coming off my face really early in the process.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time, and I've lost 20 pounds.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am tall and dont have much to lose so after 5 pounds people seem to notice. I lost 15 but gained it back. Now I am back at the gym trying again
    :happy:

I promise I'm not a creeper, I just wanted to tell you that you have really pretty hair!
  • pandagirlshonerd
    pandagirlshonerd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    7kg (went from 60-53)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    About 20 pounds before family noticed. A little over 30 before everyone else noticed.
  • akitagirl78
    akitagirl78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started so only time will tell... I do think it will be motivating and nice to hear compliments. I never paid it any attention before, but now that I am in this situation, I think I will make more of a point to compliment other people when I see them losing weight & getting healthy. I had NO IDEA how challenging this is until now.