5'9 and taller ladies

Options
For my tall girls (I am 5'9), I'm curious what everyone else has set as a goal weight?

I started my new lifestyle (I hate the word diet) right after I had my daughter, my highest weight was 220 and size 14-16. I originally just wanted to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (170). Once I hit that I wanted to get to my goal weight that I had set before I got preggo which was 155 (closest I got was 160).

Now, current weight is 154 and I'm into a size 6. Everyone is telling me I look good and don't need to lose anymore but I'm not happy with where I'm at. I would like to lose another 15-20lbs, putting me at 140 or less.

Don't get me wrong I know it's not about the numbers more about your overall health but I'd like to hear what other girls my height have to say! Thanks in advance girls. :)

Replies

• majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 159 lbs. In my adult life, I've been around 145 at my lowest (my current "goal" is 152, but really I just want to drop body fat, build muscle and lose inches... so 152 is arbitrary-ish).

I think one thing that I note is that when shorter ladies are really thin, they can still look proportional. When I'm very thin, I tend to look like a string bean. I don't find that a good look for me, so I'm trying to avoid it this time around.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 159 lbs. In my adult life, I've been around 145 at my lowest (my current "goal" is 152, but really I just want to drop body fat, build muscle and lose inches... so 152 is arbitrary-ish).

I think one thing that I note is that when shorter ladies are really thin, they can still look proportional. When I'm very thin, I tend to look like a string bean. I don't find that a good look for me, so I'm trying to avoid it this time around.

I agree with you on this! Also, I've never been thin enough to look like a string bean so I don't know if I have this problem or not...
  • KGray12385
    KGray12385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'9" too... I would love to be 140 but that hasn't happened since high school. I am trying to get to 145 but I have been about 153 - 155 for years. I can't figure out how to break 150 without doing anything crazy!
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11, and I have a LOOONG way to go--I'm currently at 244, which is the most I've ever been in my entire life. My goal is 170, and I will be perfectly happy there. I look sickly and totally oddly shaped below that. I have very WIDE hips (good for birthin' all these babies I had!), and I am an exaggerated pear shape. At less than around 170, my top half will be teeny tiny, and my bottom is round, and I look weird. My legs tend to stay really muscular when I'm fit. Even when I was itty bitty back in high school, I had to buy pants 2 or 3 sizes bigger than my waist size just to go around the rumpus.

The frustrating thing for me is that I can loose 20 pounds, and not a soul will notice because it's all spread out on my gargantuan frame. But I am in this life change for the long haul. One of the reasons my weight snuck up on me is that it takes 20-30 pounds for me to go up a size, so it happened so gradually that it feels like I woke up one day, and boom...fatsville.
  • 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 10" and my goal weight is 180- 170 ish.. I'm trying to give Keri Hilson and Ciara a run for thier money ... tehehe.. I want to be as healthy as I can be for my baby girl, really.. and for my height I should be around 175.. ADD ME !! I love the motivation !!
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and my goal is about 20% body fat, which translates to under 140 if I don't gain muscle, though I won't mind if I do.

I'm currently at 157 and 30%, and I don't think I've been lighter than this since before puberty! I was a pretty chubby child. I'm mostly looking forward to losing the belly fat :D
  • djc0821
    djc0821 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10" and currently at 269 pounds (down from 282). I am aiming toward 175 pounds, and then will re-evaluate. When I was younger, I was comfortable at 145 pounds, and was a size 10. I don't know if that would be too thin at age 55 or not.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" like you my highest was 220 when I was preggo with my daughter. I got back to prepreg weight 165. I am now 155 and would love to make it to 145. I was that weight when I was 21 and felt so good about myself. I have been down to 125lbs and that just looked redonk! So 145 with some definition is what I am aiming for.
  • penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im 5"10 and 130 pounds, I've just started lifting (today...yay) and i'm doing cardio to to gain muscle and lower body fat percentage.
    that's what the PT at the gym told me to do anyway
  • circesfire
    Options
    I am 5-9 and currently right around 170 lbs down from 195 lbs. My current goal is to get to 155; I'd love to get down to 140 lbs. The lowest weight I can remember being at was 142 lbs and that was when I was 16, but I looked and felt great!
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11, and I have a LOOONG way to go--I'm currently at 244, which is the most I've ever been in my entire life. My goal is 170, and I will be perfectly happy there. I look sickly and totally oddly shaped below that. I have very WIDE hips (good for birthin' all these babies I had!), and I am an exaggerated pear shape. At less than around 170, my top half will be teeny tiny, and my bottom is round, and I look weird. My legs tend to stay really muscular when I'm fit. Even when I was itty bitty back in high school, I had to buy pants 2 or 3 sizes bigger than my waist size just to go around the rumpus.

The frustrating thing for me is that I can loose 20 pounds, and not a soul will notice because it's all spread out on my gargantuan frame. But I am in this life change for the long haul. One of the reasons my weight snuck up on me is that it takes 20-30 pounds for me to go up a size, so it happened so gradually that it feels like I woke up one day, and boom...fatsville.

I'm right with you! I'm, 5'11 and right now (I think) my goal weight is 180-190. Maybe I'll change my mind later once I see what I look like then...but I'd be happy under 200!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently 141 and looking to get to 137 - not sure it will happen though.
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey im 5'9 but a definite hourglass figure!

I weigh 150 on the photo (pink dress)
    And 165 on the photo (black and white dress)

Goal weight 135 :) xxxx
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I am trying to reach 165 lbs. I was once down to 130 and looked like I was sick.......
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently 197 pounds. Last year I had gotten down to 170 and I was really happy there but I had still wanted to go down. My original goal weight was 150 but when i had reached 170 everyone was telling me it would look awful because i had already looked very thin and that 160 i could pull off but anything below that i'd look sickly. I am and hour glass shape I got wide (baby hips lol) and am blessed on top. So when i start to lose more weight than needed it tends to leave my arms and neck the most. I end up having bony hands and tiny long neck lol its not a very good look. So my new goal is 160. I would recommend losing weight to when you would be comfortable but don't lose weight because another 5'9 person can fit in a size 4 or they look great at 130 or something because everyone is different. for instance i saw another thread and the person was my height with my weight but was in a lower size jeans because her body composition was different and she didn't have wide hips.
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    I am 6'0 and 208 (was 219). I want to get down to 175. I would prefer to be more healthy than too skinny. I have never been 140 so I am not setting unrelealistic goals for myself. I am 29 and will be 30 in august so my goal is to lose at least 1-2 lbs per week and hit my goal before I turn 30. I will be happy to hit my 199 which is my first mini goal!!!!

ADD ME! I LOVE NEW FRIENDS!!!!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'9" too... I would love to be 140 but that hasn't happened since high school. I am trying to get to 145 but I have been about 153 - 155 for years. I can't figure out how to break 150 without doing anything crazy!

EXACT same with me! 5'9, can't seem to break 150. I'm at 155-156 right now, and I haven't budged in a year except to gain a little, then take it back off. No real movement!

I want to be 140-145.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My goal was 175. My maintenance range is 169-173 or so and I'm happy here. If I drop lower, my face starts to look gaunt and I am worried I'll lose more in the boobage region. If I have to choose between face/chest and butt, the choice is obvious. My butt is fine the way it is :)
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and I'm shooting for 170. I started at 247 and currently am at 209, so I still have a ways to go. Once I get there I can see how I feel and look. Before I had kids, I was 170ish and I felt good, but my body is really different now...so we'll see. Anyone with similar goals, please friend me. I need some tall girl friends!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 current goal is 160 but I'm more focused on bf% I'm currently 35% and 171
    If I'm not happy when I get to 160lbs I'll re evaluate.