Replies

• kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We should start a tall girls group....seriously! :wink:
  • PrettyGirlsOnFire
    PrettyGirlsOnFire Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently at 190lbs. My goal weight is currently 170lbs. However, more importantly to me right now is my goal body fat %, which is 24%. I'm currently at 33.3%. I just started a heavy lifting program at the end of February and even though the scale has only moved a pound, I'm seeing major changes in the way my body looks. I'm currently wearing a size 14, which I previously wore at a muuuuch lower weight (around 175).

I would say start a strength training program to build muscle and burn fat, and maybe you'll be happier with how your body looks and be able to stop focusing on the scale. :)
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

It is good to hear from those who weigh more because we are taller...it helps to keep things in perspective!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9", original goal was 140, I am now 135.
  • PrettyGirlsOnFire
    PrettyGirlsOnFire Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Agree, Kelly! :D
  • hgillesp
    hgillesp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160 but have been as low as 148 which is where I would like to get again. For those of you who are where you want to be now, or close, how did you get there? Number of calories, amount of exercise, etc? I am really struggling and the scale just isn't moving. Tall women rock! :)
  • TCinGP
    TCinGP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I am 5'9" and have set my goal at 160-165. At that weight, I can still enjoy life without having what I eat and what I do consume every minute of my life. For my frame it puts me at a size 8-10 comfortably. I was able to reach 158 a few summers ago by counting everything that went in to my mouth and by running 5km every single day. It was okay for short term but not reasonable ot maintain long term.
    I think that at some point... we have to realize that we are not 16, 18 or even 24 anymore. Our bodies have had children. Our bodies are forced to work all day and be mom's all night and we often go without enough sleep and without the time needed to enjoy healthy meals, hour long workouts and regular massages, lol.
  • AmazingTech
    Options
    Im 6ft and im 200lbs, I would be happy at 180 although perhaps a little lighter if possible, im never going to be a size six even if I do loose loads of weight, im not built for it, not sure I would want to be that small either, im currently a 14-16 depending on what im buying I would be mega happy if I was a 12 that would be perfect for me,
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have tentatively set a goal of 180. I'll see how I feel and look at 180. It's kind of unimaginable right now.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'10", I was at 267 when I started. Got down to 158 and was told that I was too thin and my face looked like skeleton and unhealthy...my goal was 165 and I have been maintaining 164-166 for more than a year now. I am at 19% BF. I currently feel pretty comfortable with myself, I just wish my mid area would go away! Add me if you want!
  • TheKadester
    Options
    I am 6'0" and I weigh 233. My goal weight is 170. From there, I will keep exercising and eating right, and if I happen to lose more, than that is okay. If not, I would be perfectly happy with 170. (: As long as I can get down to my goal weight and manage to KEEP it off, I will be doing pretty good. I've got a curvy figure, and large hips. I'm not sure if I'd look right any smaller than 170. Everyone says I look fine now, but I know that I don't. I just want to feel healthy again, so whatever weight I get to, to achieve that feeling, is the one that I'm shooting for!
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 9.5.

My scale points to me being 160 lbs but I don't know how accurate it is. Let's assume it is.

My goal is to be 140 lbs. I think that would make me a size 6ish.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options

There is one! It's called Totally Tall Women of MFP. =)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 164.5 lbs. My first GW is 160 lbs. That's also pre-pregnancy. I'm 19 weeks postpartum and so close to my goal weight!

I think once I hit that I'll lower my goal closer to 150ish. I also think at that point I'll care less about the scale and more about muscle tone and body fat%.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Um, YEAH! I'm in on that.
  • ehardy1103
    ehardy1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great topic and posts ladies... I'm 5'8 and my highest was 299 a few years back.. started MFP in 9/2012.. I'm at 219 now working on 170 as a goal.. haven't seen that in years.. and I'm hoping as I get there it all works... can't believe how good I feel @ 219 never mind another 40 or 50... thanks for all the good conversations and great job out there!!! :)
  • JacqClayton
    Options
    I am 6' tall and 55 years young. I weighed 142 when I was 20. I weigh 195-7 now. My goal is 175. Age has a lot to do with it. When I was thirty I got down to 152 and looked emaciated. My biggest problem is exercise. I had back surgery about 6 years ago and have nerve damage that makes it hard to do a lot of things that involve the legs. I now have herniated discs in my neck and am in a lot of pain. I've never counted calories before and managed my weight by adjusting my eating habits (after 7pm is the devil), Yesterday was my first full day using the app and I loved the end of day encouragement. If I stick to my calorie count I will lose about 7-8 lbs./week.

At my current weight I don't look bad, but I have two major weddings this year and I want to feel like dancing.
  • monamecha
    monamecha Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 156 right now (in a size 10 old navy jeans) i have not been able to get below 150 since I started trying over a year and a half ago, the closest I got was 152. My goal weight is 145. Although i have people tell me I will be "too skinny" at that weight I think i'll be comfortable at that weight with my normal 5 lbs variance.

Right now my main goal is toning up of course after having 2 kids that's important and i'll probably look and feel better at this same weight with more toning!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and my heaviest was 257 and I am currently 212. My goal is 170, which is very reasonable. I was 170 for about 10 minutes back in 1998, so I would like to get there and stay there this time around! Anything lower would not be good for me.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and my heaviest was 257 and I am currently 212. My goal is 170, which is very reasonable. I was 170 for about 10 minutes back in 1998, so I would like to get there and stay there this time around! Anything lower would not be good for me.

I laughed so hard at "I was 170 for about 10 minutes back in 1998". Ain't that the truth, sister.