What day of the week do you weigh in, and why?

Options

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Wednesday.

I started my journey on January 2nd, which was a Wednesday. So, Wednesday marks a new week for me and became my weigh-in day.

Also, Weigh-In Wednesday has a nice sound to it. :)
  • Soulwriter
    Soulwriter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings because it is the beginning of the week in my fitness pal and just right after the weekend too so i feel like if i need more exercise i can do more over the weekend to try to tip the scales. Also weigh yourself at the same time every weigh in because weight fluctuates throughout the day. The morning is the best right after you take your first bathroom break.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I log on MFP only on days that I lose, everything else goes into a spreadsheet (I just downloaded the Libra app a few days ago and so far like it). I just recognize that there will be fluctuations but I track pretty much everything (calories, macros, inches and weight) because it makes interesting graphs.
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays because that just happens to be the day I started weighing.

Also, if I weigh on Friday, it gives me time to flush all the water weight from the previous weekend.
  • starjumper12
    Options
    i usually weigh in on monday... it was completely by accident that it happened that way, oct 1 when i started MFP just happened to be on a monday. i've found that it really helps start the week's mind-frame and keeps me accountable over the weekend. besides, a bad # doesn't ruin my friday vibe :laugh:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have a running journal and there is a space to log in your weight every week. The journal is set up so Monday is the beginning of the week so that's when I weigh in.
  • Bolton84
    Bolton84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i usually weigh myself on the weekend and i do it first thing in the morning and i dont wear anything. that will give me the most accurate weight because all the food i ate is digested and its the best time to weigh yourself.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays and Fridays. I am in four different groups and have four weekly weigh ins. Some people may think that is crazy but it keeps me on my game!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who weighs themselves every day. I don't always log it on here though. I've tried having someone hide my scale, taking the batteries out, etc and I decided to just stop fighting it. Sure I get annoyed when the scale goes up for whatever ungodly reason but I think that's better than being afraid of it.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Sunday morning, not really sure why, just chose that day lol
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays, every 2 weeks. I have more time on Saturdays and I also take my measurements so I have time to do that and log into spreadsheet.
  • harby17
    harby17 Posts: 2
    Options
    Saturday morning. I thought this would help from indulging Friday night.

Now, all I want to do is eat Big on Friday night...sigh...
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Friday - I generally work harder during the week and Friday morning weigh will either make or break the weekend - Friday evening will either hold gym or wine depending on the scales :)
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Linda - I weigh in the day before I talk to my health coach once a month. I can get obsessed about the little numbers and would rather focus on how my clothes feel. I'm trying really hard to be inner focused this time rather than outer. How about you?:flowerforyou:
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in Sunday mornings, because it's the day after my rest day to give my body a chance to let go off some water. I weigh in every time I go to the gym, and would notice fluctuations throughout the week. But no matter if I was up 3lbs on Tuesday, I would always be back down, and even at a loss by Sunday.
  • tracysharpmack
    tracysharpmack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day. I like to see how my body reacts to the things I eat. I don't do well with sodium. I have a cheat meal with desert once per week usually on Friday or Saturday night (like pizza and ice cream or fried chicken and dessert, whatever I'm craving). A whole cheat day would do too much damage. And its a treat meal not "cheat". We earned it. :-) my husband and I decide where we want to go and plan on it all week long . Gives us something to look forward to.
  • kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh and log every day. I don't expect miracles. Some days my weight goes up, if I've eaten poorly the day before. I like watching the fluctuations and learning about my body. If I didn't weigh every day, I'd have a lot less information than I have now, after weeks of daily weigh ins. I've become very good at predicting within a range what my weight will be!
  • tcgood85
    tcgood85 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday because it gives me an outlook what types of exercises and meals I should focus on that week. When I have met my weight goal for the week, I do more strength training. When I have not met my weight goal, I focus more on lower calorie meals and different cardio workouts.
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Harby - I can relate to trying to use Saturdays as a control device. I gave up. Now I try to plan something really fun and non-food related on Friday night AND Saturday morning (like art classes or a walk in a beautiful place or a trip to the library with a friend). It's slow, but I'm learning.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Every second Sunday, I find 2 weeks is a long enough wait for me and Sunday's because that's when I hit my local shopping centre where I weigh myself :)