What day of the week do you weigh in, and why?

Options

Replies

• mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi - I agree! I'm working at listening to my body after years of trying to drown it out. It's not the enemy - it's a very Wise Teacher.
  • law3963
    law3963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Once per week on Wednesdays - this is a good touch point for me during the week and I do update here as well each week...good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I weigh on Friday mornings. I use Friday or Saturday to be a little more laid back on my diet so I figure I have a full week to make up for it!
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I go once a month on the fourth Monday, first thing in the morning.

I only do it at that particular time because I happened to weigh myself first thing on a fourth Monday and I decided I didn't want to drive myself to madness by doing it every week.
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    Thursday is my weigh in day, I used to go to WW on a Monday but that was awful after a heavy weekend boozing and socializing. Thursday seems a good day for me :-)
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Officially Thursday morning. If I am going to have a "bad" day it will most likely be Friday or Saturday. Actually I weigh myself everyday morning and night just because I am curious as to what is going on. Only been on this journey for a few weeks so like to see what is happening and how it goes up and down.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Friday morning after my 'push to the max' workout. I run 4 days a week and spin 2 times with strength work 3 times. My 'push to the max' workout is generally a way longer run or a more intense spin.

The reason for Friday being my weigh in day is because I allow myself a free-eat day each week. I don't go insanely crazy on calories, but I do go over my daily allottment some and I don't watch my sodium, fat or carbs on my free day. This gives me the free day on the weekend when my husband is home and we can eat out without so much effort on my part for planning where and what I'll eat.

Also, my body holds sodium forever so if I have a high sodium day it generally takes 3-4 days before I see the scale return to baseline and I need it flushed out before my next weigh-in. And yes - I down tons of water and sweat like mad during my daily workouts. :)
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wednesday because its far enough from the weekend but into the week enough to see how im doing
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i do it every morning, im a bit addicted to knowing lol
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning in the same manner after I get up. It helps me stay focused daily. I found weighing in once a week was demotivating for me. I ended up fearing the scale each week, would lose focus on my diet after a few days, and ultimately fail. By weighing in daily, I'm able to see how good or bad yesterday was for me. If it was a bad day, then it's a new day to improve and do better. If it was a good day, then it's a new day to be successful again. No more surprises. My scale and I are best buddies now and there is no better or worst day to weigh in.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love weighing in first thing Sunday Morning. Sundays are the first day of my week, and I like to start it that way.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to break my scale obsession and restrict myself to once a week starting next week.

I've decided to weigh in on Saturday because I don't have to wake up early and the scale is always nicer after a couple of extra hours sleep.

Strategy is all important. :laugh:
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Mondays, it helps to keep me accountable over the weekend. :smile:
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    On the day I remember I haven't weighed in lately LOL
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-ins are on Thursday morning...first thing before doing anything except going to the bathroom. I do step on the scale during the week, but do not log the weight gain/loss. Whatever you do, try to be consistent on the day and time you weigh in.

This is what I do - except I do it on Wednesdays. Just a nice mid-way point of the week...

I used to do my weigh ins on Friday mornings but then I noticed that if I lost weight it gave me an excuse to eat whatever I wanted & as much as I wanted on the weekends. lol
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Every day. More data = more accurate trendlines.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh "officially" on Friday. That way if the weekend completely goes to hell I have the rest of the week to recover.
  • lej91
    lej91 Posts: 12
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, multiple times a day. I wish I could limit myself to once a week but I'm way to much of a control freak and that would drive me crazy! Worrying all week if I had gained weight...I just have to knowww! But it seems like on here Sunday is the day to do it. Being the first day of a new week it's also the most popular day to start a new diet, so it makes sense.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    I weigh myself in the wee hours of Monday morning..hold me accountable for the week end. Keeps me from overeating on Sundays.:drinker:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log weight when I've lost and held the loss for a couple of days (just in case it was a dehydration dip). I find it very interesting to see how various foods, sodium, and digestion affect the number.