Busty Canadians: where do you get your bikinis??

Options
Erikalynne18
Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
Hey there I'm just wondering if any busty Canadian girls out there have had experience with ordering bras and bikinis online from Europe? I say Europe since the UK seems to be the only place that carries my size (32 FF). I know the websites post estimates for international shipping, but what about import fees? Is there any extra fees I should be prepared for? And if so, is there a way to avoid them, or at least get an estimate before the package arrives?

Better yet, if you know of a website in Canada, that would be even better :) Please don't suggest Victoria Secret or La Senza, they won't fit me!

I'm excited for summer and want to have an awesome bikini to show off my hard work :) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I have ordered bras a while ago. Im not sure, because I order lots of stuff online and dont have the greatest memory, but I think there were import fees.

As for Canadian websites, I dont know of any. Id like to know if there are too.

Otherwise, if you can find cute bikinis that go up to XL or XXL, that would work.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @Erikalynne18 - I am not an expert on this stuff, but had an ex-girlfriend that was also "gifted" It has been while, but I believe that you can purchase "separates" larger bikini top and small bottom. The stores in Honolulu had to special order the top.

By the way, how are the beaches in Canada?
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    @ Maverick7a- we have a beach where I live which is pretty decent :)

@ Jessi_Brooks- the issue with XL or XXL bikini tops is that my band size is smaller so I'm limited to just the tops that tie in the back and around the neck which puts strain on my neck :(

This was my main reward so I really hope I can find a way! :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as "gifted" as you (LOVE that saying) but I do want to find some good Canadian stores. Stores like La Senza and VS are super cute but everything is sooooo small and does not fit us girls with shape :p for the most part! At least not for something like a bikini!
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    @ shaynak112- I agree that VS and la senza do pretty much nothing! In the city I live in we also have a La Vie en Rose... but that doesn't work either. Last time I tried to get a fitting at La Vie en Rose they tried to convince me to wear a maturnity bra..... I'm not pregnant lol.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ shaynak112- I agree that VS and la senza do pretty much nothing! In the city I live in we also have a La Vie en Rose... but that doesn't work either. Last time I tried to get a fitting at La Vie en Rose they tried to convince me to wear a maturnity bra..... I'm not pregnant lol.

lol! I had a similar experience at the La Vien Rose we have here. The store was new to our city and Id never been in, so I went in asking what sizes they carry. They didnt have mine ofcourse, but the woman insisted on sizing me and assured me she could find a bra there that fits. So she measures me and gets me at a 32G, which is my size, but then she says "wait a minute while I do the math" And starts going up in the band size (because a 34FF would hold the same volume in the cup as a 32G etc). So she ended up suggesting to me a 38DD. :noway:

What am I supposed to do then? lol.. wear a band 6 inches too big, or get it tailored? :huh:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

lol! I had a similar experience at the La Vien Rose we have here. The store was new to our city and Id never been in, so I went in asking what sizes they carry. They didnt have mine ofcourse, but the woman insisted on sizing me and assured me she could find a bra there that fits. So she measures me and gets me at a 32G, which is my size, but then she says "wait a minute while I do the math" And starts going up in the band size (because a 34FF would hold the same volume in the cup as a 32G etc). So she ended up suggesting to me a 38DD. :noway:

What am I supposed to do then? lol.. wear a band 6 inches too big, or get it tailored? :huh:

lol
    I'm surprised she could even do the math!
    you could always tie the band in a knot!
    I've done that in a pinch!
    :laugh:
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    VICTORY!!!! okay... maybe, not sure yet lol. But I found this so far :)

http://www.butterflycollection.ca/

But they don't sell bathing suits :(
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wth...why would you need a bikini in Canada? It is dark, cold, and you live in an igloo. I see no need to go through all the hassle of picking out a bikini when you can be improving your igloo.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Okay, this may sound like a really dumb question, but does American Eagle (YES, I KNOW. Key word: AMERICAN) ship to Canada? If so, their lingerie store, Aerie, offers fabulous bikinis designed after their most popular bras. They *might* have what you're looking for...course, it's been a long time since I was considered "busty"....*sob*
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Victorias Secret, La Vie en Rose..anywhere that sells bathing suits in cup sizes.

oops.. missed that part about not suggesting VS.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I came her to find more busty Canadian friends...
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Best thread title of the month.
  • Tinyhippo17
    Tinyhippo17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but Ce Soir in Winnipeg has a wonderful selection of bras and swim suits. They carry sizes that most stores don't, like small bands with big cups.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I came her to find more busty Canadian friends...

This
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    In for Canadian girls.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Okay, this may sound like a really dumb question, but does American Eagle (YES, I KNOW. Key word: AMERICAN) ship to Canada? If so, their lingerie store, Aerie, offers fabulous bikinis designed after their most popular bras. They *might* have what you're looking for...course, it's been a long time since I was considered "busty"....*sob*

We have Aerie in Canada but they don't carry a very wide range of sizes. I can't wear anything there and I'm a 36D
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I wish Sunblockers had an online shopping option because they'd be great, I just got my swimsuit there recently after looking everywhere to find something and nothing fit.

Have you tried Bikini Bay?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP - you may have to search for small, independent stores here in Canada. I know there are a few in Montreal, not sure about Moncton. (Do you get to Halifax much?). The chains in Canada just don't seem to carry much outside of what they sell the most of.

I agree - La Senza is crap. (They also vanity size, so a C cup there is a B everywhere else). They *used* to be a good spot.