Working on a bikini body!!

Options
Since graduating college, I've gained 25lbs over the 3 years!! AHH.
It's really hard losing weight working a desk job and constantly going out to happy hours...
Not to mention the amazing food trucks loaded with calories all over NYC.

I'm 5'3" and 128lbs. My goal is to consume around 600 calories per day. But I do cheat a little...
I'm trying to be back at 104lbs by June.

I really really love snacking and late night fried food. My biggest weakness is fried chicken and beer!!!!!
It's so hard pushing away all the food I enjoy.

Anyhow, I'm eating mainly grapefruit and eggs all day long. 1 grapefruit per day with around 4 eggs.
Sometimes I throw in a small piece of chicken breast or few pieces of sashimi.

I am so hungry! :( boohoo.

Replies

• PinkSparkles_JLS
    Options
    Your weight is perfect but 600 calories per day isn't healthy at all your body will go Into starvation mode and you can become really poorly, try and eat at least 1200 calories a day you'll feel better for it and you can always go swimming or for a run to burn off the calories but 600 per day is nothing x
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good luck with working on your bikini body! :)

I do agree with the above that 600 is probably too little. If you eat too little you actually lose weight slower than if you eat the right amount!

Are you working out at all? I've heard that lifting weights is really good for toning up :)
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You should be eating at least 1200 cals and trying to up your working out.
    Eating so little means in the long run you will gain weight - try and fit in a little workout before or after work.
    And living in NYC you have a lot of great places that are really healthy, might not smell as good but oh well.
    And welcome
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Self-imposed misery for a bikini.

Not a good idea.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I killed my metabolism in high school and college eating so little (a net of 500-1000 cals a day)...and gained 40 lbs in the first 3 years after I got out of college too (because of eating mostly, but also being more sedentary). I'd just recommend being more moderate and losing the weight slower. It's not worth it to cause a metabolism problem that will ultimately make it easier to gain weight in the future!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Not a good idea.
    This.

You're setting yourself up for failure. Please don't do that.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    So by starving yourself you'll lose the weight, instead of stopping the unhealthy habits you have that caused you to gain weight in the first place.

Makes sense.

You have all the things you need here on MFP to do this sustainably and responsibly. Please give it a shot.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Please eat a healthy amount and do some fitness, cardio, weights, whatever. But not starving yourself.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I ate 3100 calories yesterday, and I was under my goal (because I burned almost 1500 cals in exercise).

You don't need to starve yourself to get into a bikini. You need a mild deficit, patience, and determination.

I can guarantee you that if you get where you wanna be on 600 cals in a short time... you will also be back to where you started in just as much time, because your method was unhealthy and unsustainable.

You can get what you want, but do it the right, healthy way, and it will last a hella lot longer!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    600 calories is starvation level. That's what people active in anorexia aim for. You will not get the bikini body this way. But you will destroy your health, your sanity, and easily regained chances to get both of those back. Eat more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Not a good idea.
    This.

You're setting yourself up for failure. Please don't do that.

plus you will look crap in a bikini when you are all skinny fat!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    This is a really dumb idea. You are going to make yourself sick, damage your body, and probably not reach your weight goals....

And let me let you in on a little secret - you're already bikini-ready... anyone can rock a two-piece if they have enough confidence and the right cut of suit.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree!
    Lisa
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I ate 3100 calories yesterday, and I was under my goal (because I burned almost 1500 cals in exercise).

You don't need to starve yourself to get into a bikini. You need a mild deficit, patience, and determination.

I can guarantee you that if you get where you wanna be on 600 cals in a short time... you will also be back to where you started in just as much time, because your method was unhealthy and unsustainable.

You can get what you want, but do it the right, healthy way, and it will last a hella lot longer!

Love girls that eat
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm working on a bikini body too. I eat about 1500 to 1600 calories a day. Plus I exercise to tone up my body so that when I put on that bikini I will not only be thin but have curves in all the right places. And I never feel overly hungry! I eat enough protein, carbs and fats to keep my body going and stay healthy. I LOVE the way my body is going to look and I LOVE the way I can eat and not be unhappy!!

Love Yourself!
  • sarahsandlin94
    Options
    Like everyone else said, eating only 600 calories a day may help you lose weight fast, but as soon as you go back to your old eating habits, the weight will come right back on. I know from experience. Try adding in some lean meats to your diet. Portion control is the main key, along with exercise. Anything is better than nothing! Good luck!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You won't get a bikini body on 600 calories worth of grapefruit a day. Eat more, balanced meals, make sure you get enough protein to help you keep as much muscle as possible, and start some kind of exercise routine.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Since graduating college, I've gained 25lbs over the 3 years!! AHH.
    It's really hard losing weight working a desk job and constantly going out to happy hours...
    Not to mention the amazing food trucks loaded with calories all over NYC.

I'm 5'3" and 128lbs. My goal is to consume around 600 calories per day. But I do cheat a little...
    I'm trying to be back at 104lbs by June.

I really really love snacking and late night fried food. My biggest weakness is fried chicken and beer!!!!!
    It's so hard pushing away all the food I enjoy.

Anyhow, I'm eating mainly grapefruit and eggs all day long. 1 grapefruit per day with around 4 eggs.
    Sometimes I throw in a small piece of chicken breast or few pieces of sashimi.

I am so hungry! :( boohoo.

Either this is a joke, or someone reported you already for anorexic behavior. Tisk tisk OP. not good at all.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    If you want to look REALLY GOOD in a bikini, lift heavy stuff and eat a proper diet. 600 cals/day is going to make you look like a waif. Not good. Make muscles!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I had the same experience as you (gaining weight/flab after college), so I understand your plight.

BUT eating 600 calories is too little for most people. You might end up losing more muscle than the desired fat. And once you go back to a regular diet from a starvation one, your body will say "JACKPOT!" and store everything up again. Besides that, by eating just grapefruit and eggs, although they are great foods, you are probably depriving yourself of other key nutrients. Eating a variety of healthy foods should always be the goal.

Finally, it sounds like a very hard diet to keep up. I'm assuming you don't want a killer bikini body for just a summer, but for life. I've come to a conclusion that a great body for life will only come with lifestyle changes. These forums provide lots of information and support for making those changes. I learn stuff every day. Take advantage of it!

But welcome again and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.