Any 250lbs + people want to be friends?!!

Options
Hi - Im new and would like some friends who are in the same boat as myself! We can all support each other! When you have so much to loose it just seems impossible!

Replies

• charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will add you i need to lose about 170lbs and weight at 364
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    Hey there, I,m kinda new here too. I switched over from weight watchers, because the points thing is kinda lame. My wife is also on this and it's just easier to use one system.
    I've lost 23 lbs in 2 months, but have 120 some to go. Now it's getting hard. 1/2 to 1 lb per week is so frustrating! I'm retired and until spring comes (if ever) so I can get outside, I'm stuck in the house with the TV, computer ant refrigerator! I need a kick in the pants to keep me motivated!
  • meganemalone777
    Options
    I will!!! I have let just say a lot of weight to lose and would like a partner
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have about another 90 pounds to go --- started at 314, am now about 266. Feel free to add me --- this really is doable!! Some days it seems like I'm such a long way to my goal, but I try to remind myself about how far I've come, and that I'll get there if I keep going in this direction ..... it's worth it. Yesterday I ran -- full on ran -- to my mailbox. May not sound like much, but I wasn't able to run at all, especially without huffing and puffing, four months ago.
  • Laurlkat
    Laurlkat Posts: 16
    Options
    I would be happy to join you. I started out at 255, and yes, losing weight can be difficult. The hardest part for me has been hitting a plateau, and not being able to break through it for months. A lot of that is on me though, I didn't want to change what had been working for something that might work. But I'm back on track now.
  • ashm1427
    ashm1427 Posts: 23
    Options
    Right now I am 275ish and i would love to have freinds to loose weight with! I understand how hard it is. Ill add you as a friend!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Added
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    250, hell, that's under my goal weight. I'm trying for 500 right now.
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i have around a 100 pounds to loose, motivation is the key if we all want to loose weight
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, i knwo what you all going trough been there as well, used to be 320 in Summer of last year, now i am at 268 lost 50+ lbs thus far. so hang in there, add me for support and tip and on how i did it
  • jenrummie
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I just started getting serious about getting this weight off a couple of weeks ago. I am in the 250s.
  • msjack32
    msjack32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I started at 256 and am down 14 lbs so not too far away from 250. I agree that it is very overwhelming, so this time I'm taking it 10 lbs at a time. Just focused on losing 10 lbs is much easier to deal with than 100 lbs.
  • Jamesray1
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started at 370lbs. I'm down 42 lbs but need to drop a lot more.
  • eaemthomas
    eaemthomas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am working at both this and weightwatchers. I find that having to weigh in at weight watchers holds me accountable but I also like seeing what I am eating from a different perspective. I have only been back on track for a week. (Since last thursday) I had gotten to 379.6 and weighed in yesterday at 367.8 for a loss of 11.8 for the first week. I know that it will not always be like that but I am enjoying it for the first day or so. I only have a couple of friends on here and could use more to help keep me focused.
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have a lot to loose and def need people who can relate. I have fought counting calories forso long but with these new apps, it is so easy. Week one down 6lbs down!:bigsmile:
  • sarah0709
    sarah0709 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sent u a request, anyone feel free to add me too. Started around 340 and have lost 58 so far with plenty of ups and downs on the way!
  • vickiemurdockclark1
    Options
    Hi, I'd be happy to be your friend!!!! I'm Vickie...used to weigh 230, now 136...you can do it!!!!! Add me!
  • LMEGAW
    LMEGAW Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the messages everyone! I hav been good all week eating wise and hit the gynm 3 times - 8 miles cardio and a lot of strength training, but now its the weekend I've juat ate a chinese!! I'm kat! I seem to undo all my good work! Hopefully ill see a loss on the scales on mon tho! I'm eating no more! Lol!
  • Laurlkat
    Laurlkat Posts: 16
    Options
    Just remember to log everything. And I do mean everything. You'll eventually see a pattern. Like, I know if my husband is off work, I will go out to eat more. So I know on those days I may as well hit the treadmill harder in the morning to make up for what I will be eating later in the day.
  • rvansaun
    rvansaun Posts: 13
    Options
    I will be your friend. I just started out MFP a few days ago, so I am still getting used to using it. I was on weight watchers when I was working, but once I became unemployed, there was really no type of motivation for me to keep going on with weight watchers. Then the other day, I was watching a YouTube video by IJustine, where her and her sister were talking about the favorite cellphone apps and MFP was one they mentioned. So I decided to download the cellphone app since when I am at the gym I use my cellphone to listen to music and I also don't have to carry a journal and pen to record everything. The other thing I like so far is being able to make friends to help with the motivation. So, with that in mind I would be honored to have you as a friend!