Please post your MOST IMPORTANT weight loss tip :)

Options

Replies

• kelseykamykowski
    Options
    Your weight should be used as a guide to help you reach your goals - a measure of your progress. It's not something you should define yourself by. Your health, fitness, and how you perceive yourself should be your goals. Remember, there is more to you than the number on the scale!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    What a great thread! :bigsmile:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Send your naked pictures to me. Trust me it works ;P
    lol

But on a serious note, drink more water.
  • Smashlee_Skins
    Options
    don't be afraid of being hungry. being hungry doesn't mean you have to eat as soon as you feel it. drink water and wait as long as you can.
  • Bethany39466
    Bethany39466 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Duct tape?
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Lift Weights and measure weekly. Sometimes the scale does not move but you are still losing inches.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Use MFP and log every single thing you consume so you can see where your problems are.

Also, a little bit of hunger is NOT going to kill you and you are not going to develop life-threatening anorexia by alllowing yourself to be hungry. As your body adjusts to eating less you will feel hungry, never full and unsatisfied much of the time but IT GOES AWAY EVENTUALLY so just power through it.

Finally, LEARN to like plain water and vegetables and other healthy foods. You are not a toddler anymore. "BUT I DONT LIKE IT" is not a good excuse to avoid eating healthy.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Logging everything and opening up my food diary to friends. Its really worked.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Do not make any changes that you wouldn't be willing to continue for the rest of your life. That way you will find a way to eat that is sustainable and you will be able to maintain. I have learned this the hard way.

YES!!! I second this :flowerforyou:
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have patience. .Do what you need to do to make it a healthy lifestyle but also take the time to live. We all have occasions where we can't be perfect. So live and get on with it. My thoughts on this subject.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Don't blindly follow MFP recommendations. BMR/TDEE calculations are your friend
  • Oppy4722
    Oppy4722 Posts: 9
    Options
    One (unplanned) bad food decision doesn't mean you should scrap the rest of the day and start again tomorrow... there will always be a tomorrow to wait for. Start again now. Make good decisions the rest of the day instead of snacking and eating junk- don't set yourself back more than you have to.

Also- be truthful with yourself, if you have a double portion of something, log it as such rather than just saying "oh it was close enough to one serving." The only person you're trying to deceive is yourself- but you already know the truth- so why?
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    "ONE BAD meal isn't going to make you fat... just like ONE GOOD meal isn't going to make you skinny"

I love love love this saying!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it's between two...

1.exersice daily(anything) :flowerforyou:

2.never just give up and start again tomorrow...eat deal with it and start again NOW! :drinker:
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do not make ANYTHING off limits in your lifestyle change. I would have quit the first month if I didn't have my wine, chocolate, beef jerky, etc. With this being said, also realize

that EVERY MEAL is not special. don't justify eating crap foods all day because you're: on vacation/it's your birthday/someone else's birthday/ out of town/ WHATEVER. If you want wine, chocolate, mcdonalds, whatever, let yourself have those things, just not all in one day.
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Following a specific Plan. You could be in a complete zombie mode and these plans still work.:bigsmile:

Such as Atkins, calorie counting, Carb Cycling, Warrior Diet. Some sort of rules, that are not your own and tracking them.
  • newheart22
    Options
    Get enough:yawn: sleep.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My most important tip I would give someone:
    Don't give up and stay positive!
    Don't beat yourself because you had some slip-ups. One indulgence won't undo a week's hard work, (just like one good eating day won't undo a week's worth of bad eating) just pick yourself up, and move on and start with a clean slate.
    And... This journey and lifestyle change is going to take TIME. And plenty of it. It didn't take you a month to put on the extra weight, so it isn't going to take you a month to lose and be back to where you want to be.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Eat Less, and Move More!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    at least 10,000 steps per day and accurately (weighing and measuring) logging your food