Please post your MOST IMPORTANT weight loss tip :)

Options

Replies

• Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    unplug your hand/wand blender before removing the blade for cleaning....
  • windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat Less.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Workout with some effort! If your workout isn't hard for you, it isn't hard enough.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Drink more than 100 oz of non-calorie fluids per day...
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hmm... keep moving! Even while sitting down, move something!

It worked for me (:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of being hungry. being hungry doesn't mean you have to eat as soon as you feel it. drink water and wait as long as you can.

I'm sorry.. the water part is good advice. the rest of it is not.. waiting "as long as you can" when you feel hungry leads to over eating and bad food chocies. You should eat *before* you feel hungry so you make better choices, eat smaller portions and stay full. Also drink water.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Re-commit to your goals a couple of times each day. Each time I log in to record one of my meals or details about my exercise, I scan the success stories message board and read about the successes other MFP members are enjoying. This reminds me to reflect on what I hope to achieve and to consider what I have already achieved -- how good it feels to already be enjoying the health benefits of carrying 30 fewer pounds around.

Note: I carried two ten-pound weights up a flight of stairs yesterday. I couldn't believe how heavy they were. Then I realized that I had been carrying around the equivalent of three ten-pound weights on my body all the time not that long ago. It feels so good not to be carrying that extra 30 pounds around anymore. I'm looking forward to getting rid of a whole bunch more of those ten-pound weights....
  • Riemersma4
    Options
    when you feel like 'trash snacking', grab a book and read. Double benefit for your brain and your body.
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    Track the food you eat and lots of WATER
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to idiots.....
    THIS!!!:drinker: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I posted this, such awesome tips! thank you everyone!
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What is good for one is not always good for another.....listen to YOUR body!
  • Riemersma4
    Options
    the scale is just a number and the mirror never lies!
  • ElectricPics
    ElectricPics Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more.

As long as you are using up more calories than you eat, you will lose weight, subject to eating enough to stop your body going into starvation behaviour.. Starvation diets and trendy fad diets may work short-term but rarely in the long term.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What is good for one is not always good for another.....listen to YOUR body!

^^^this is amazing advice!!! :drinker:

But I planned to say log EVERTHING you eat EVERYDAY (the good, bad & ugly)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    white is bad-green is good
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of being hungry. being hungry doesn't mean you have to eat as soon as you feel it. drink water and wait as long as you can.

I'm sorry.. the water part is good advice. the rest of it is not.. waiting "as long as you can" when you feel hungry leads to over eating and bad food chocies. You should eat *before* you feel hungry so you make better choices, eat smaller portions and stay full. Also drink water.

It doesnt for me. You should never eat if you are not hungry.
  • Robina37
    Robina37 Posts: 17
    Options
    Agreed :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water!!
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    "ONE BAD meal isn't going to make you fat... just like ONE GOOD meal isn't going to make you skinny"

Allow yourself to give into temptation once and a while, it will save yourself from binge eating later on ;)

A great thing to keep in mind!