Cleanses

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I cleanse my colon with a cup of coffee in the AM and my morning glory ...works like clockwork every time...
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like the "Sunday Night Very, Very Spicy Indian Food Cleanse." Monday morning is a treat!
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    I am curious about cleanses. Can someone please explain to me exactly what toxins are being cleansed? How and why? Educate me, please. I would love to read some studies on them.

You must be bored lately.

You know as well as I do that these cleanses are 100% nonsense.

^^This. Obviously a baiting thread. I get that it may get annoying at times to read all the "will this cleanse work" threads, but I honestly think alot of people new to fitness don't know any better. The pompus attitude by some on can be seen as very rude in my opinion (doesnt bother me so much, but I can see where newbies would shy away)

Did you have all the knowledge you have today 160 pounds ago OP?

Think what you will. I would love to have them explained to me. If they work, show me how. This would be good information for all newbies. I think it's a service more than anything.

You know as well as I and as well as anyone who has been here over the past six months that this has been explained and beaten to death. If you want to have it explained go back and read the 75 or so recent threads on it. Or buy the book and read it. It won't kill you to get off of a play site and pick up a book and with that you shall have your answer.
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    I am curious about cleanses. Can someone please explain to me exactly what toxins are being cleansed? How and why? Educate me, please. I would love to read some studies on them.

Cleansing our bodies of body hair is always a nice cleanse. That one is my favorite.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    About 30 years ago, I drank an entire bottle of Virginia Gentleman whiskey in less than 24 hours.

That was the beginning of a cleansing period that might better be referred to as a "purge." In any case, I could actually feel the toxins leaving my body (mostly they ended up on the bathroom wall).
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    this is dumb. why do you care if ppl wanna cleanse?

I want to understand the science behind it.

You can't

I'm very technical and have a good grasp of basic human biology. I think I could understand if it was explained to me. At least pointed to some source.

I think she means "you can't" in the sense that there is no science behind it, so there's nothing to understand that a good Snopes article could not clear up.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I cleanse my colon with a cup of coffee in the AM and my morning glory ...works like clockwork every time...

Another one of those coffee enema types eh?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Cleansing our bodies of body hair is always a nice cleanse. That one is my favorite.

My fur keeps me warm in the winter. I mean, it's 80 in the winter where I live, but still.
  • magerum
    Options

^^This. Obviously a baiting thread. I get that it may get annoying at times to read all the "will this cleanse work" threads, but I honestly think alot of people new to fitness don't know any better. The pompus attitude by some on can be seen as very rude in my opinion (doesnt bother me so much, but I can see where newbies would shy away)

Think what you will. I would love to have them explained to me. If they work, show me how. This would be good information for all newbies. I think it's a service more than anything.

You know as well as I and as well as anyone who has been here over the past six months that this has been explained and beaten to death. If you want to have it explained go back and read the 75 or so recent threads on it. Or buy the book and read it. It won't kill you to get off of a play site and pick up a book and with that you shall have your answer.

Please link me to such wonderful knowledge.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    dunno if srs, but if you wanna know what happened when real scientists asked for proof from those that recommend detoxing here is what happens:

http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/detox-diet-scams-and-product-scams-get-called-out-by-real-scientists/
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options

My fur keeps me warm in the winter. I mean, it's 80 in the winter where I live, but still.

We all have to have our vices to keep us warm. Some prefer women, some prefer men, and others prefer fur.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

ooooooh! Touchy! Touchy!
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options

Google.com will link you to both the MFP threads and to the books.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like the "Sunday Night Very, Very Spicy Indian Food Cleanse." Monday morning is a treat!

tastes better going out...????
  • andrewjcarter
    Options
    Best cleanse I know is a big pack of figs. Eat them up and then BOOM - cleansed.
  • magerum
    Options

Google.com will link you to both the MFP threads and to the books.

GOOGLE! Why didn't I think of that?!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Waterboarding
  • magerum
    Options
    Waterboarding

Of course!