How worried are you about Easter?

Options

Replies

• Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I gave up ALL sweets for lent so come Easter Sunday I will probably go overboard a little bit, but come Monday I'll be right on track. Or at least that's the plan! lol
    Eee you guys are good! I lasted a week with no chocolate this Lenten year, then I turned to a crying puddle....but anyhoo, I am making my first triple layer lemon coconut cake this year. Hopefully the family will eat most of it, and I will eat a *small* piece:) HPPY LENT!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My family gets Chinese food for Easter, I'm going to eat all the crab Rangoon and Reese's eggs I can
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Not really worried as I don't like chocolate all that much.

Ill buy a few treats for the family but nothing like I've brought in the past.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I control what my family eats so I'm not worried.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My family gets Chinese food for Easter, I'm going to eat all the crab Rangoon and Reese's eggs I can
    You look way too relaxed in your profile pic. You should fix that.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    not worried at all. i'll just have a little bit of everything and then move on with my life. :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am always worried about days when dead people start walking around.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    haven't even thought about it. we don't have a dinner or anything. To us easter is about bunnies and eggs, so the kids will get a little candy but I'm not a big candy eater so I won't go crazy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You gained SEVEN pounds in one day???

Or said another way, you consumed 24500 calories over maintenance in one day???

Edit: because I originally thought a stone was 12 pounds.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm worried.... I'm like some of the previous posters here....

1. I gave up ALL sweets for Lent (as well as ALL alcohol!) and

2. I am planning to celebrate the day by not restricting myself at all! But...

3. I don't know how much willpower I will have for continuing to avoid sweets and booze after Lent is over, and I want to keep myself in check...! I am hoping I can keep it together!
  • shesfinallygettingfit
    Options
    I'm very worried.

My family is going to Old Country Buffet the day before Easter and I've always LOVED their mac&cheese and ice-cream there - I'm going to definitely try a salad this time.

I'm also worried because this coming week my family starts working with a personal trainer, so I don't want to workout like crazy only to gain stuff back from Easter :(

This is the first holiday that has come since I've started changing my diet and going with a healthy lifestyle, so we'll see how it goes.

Also, we're getting family pictures done around Easter and lately I've been VERY self conscious of the way I look lately, so I'm not looking forward to those :(
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm freaking out all ready. We dye like 48-60 eggs every year and we always lose at least 10!!! Every year we write down where we hide the eggs and every year they disappear! I think that B@st@rd Easter Bunny is stealing them back!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not worried at all. I'm not on a diet. It's one day and if there are leftovers that aren't 'healthy' enough to stay at my house, they will find a new home or go in the trash.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Not worried

easter is fun
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's one day. One meal even. No one has ruined their weight loss effort because of one meal/day. You enjoy yourself, live life, and brush it off the day after and get back to it.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I am always worried about days when dead people start walking around.

I'm still waiting for the zombie apocalypse to start. :grumble:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Not even a little.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    my mom still gives me and my sister easter baskets.. yes she has a pile of candy and chocolate in her closet for us. i have terrible self control so i'll probably keep at bit and give the rest to my dad. that's really the only thing i'm worried about, dinner i can handle.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's just 1 day. You can do it. Just like Thanksgiving is 1 day. Have a plan and follow it or allow yourself a day to relax and not track. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Not really. I won't be around any treats/desserts. I am making a ham, scalloped potatoes,and veggies but leaving the left overs to my husband and son in law. I will have a small portion and call it good. I have a 4 year grand daughter but she doesn't eat candy. I'm not sure if she even knows what a chocolate bunny is. My daughter is very picky about health and nutrition. So we have strict rules about no candy in the Easter baskets.