How worried are you about Easter?

Options

Replies

• xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat lots of chocolate and my dinner of ham and mountain of mashed potatoes with gravy, and I am going to enjoy it!
    One day every now and then of won't kill my success so far, I'm going to eat what I want and not log it and then go back to logging and within my calorie goal the next day :).
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Am I worried about Easter...

MEME-Keep-calm-NO_zps54a034ad.jpg
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What worries me is the day after Easter and all the candy on Clearance. I love PEEPS. HAHA, but so far I have been really good and have not purchased any.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I will eat what I want and exercise as much as I can that day :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    What worries me is the day after Easter and all the candy on Clearance. I love PEEPS. HAHA, but so far I have been really good and have not purchased any.

ermahgerd did u know they make chocolate peeps
    *swoon*
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Lets see. Load up on Easter Candy. Go for a 2 hour walk. Continue with life. Sounds like every Holiday.
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    I started with MFP the Monday before Thanksgiving. What on earth was I thinking??? Well, it worked out very well. I ate holiday meals, some holiday treats, and lost about 15 pounds by mid January. Yes, I did eat well over my recommended calories on Thanksgiving day, Christmas day and on New Years, and there were a few other spikes in my calories over that time period. For the holiday meals, I planned out what I was going to eat for the most part so I knew ahead of time that I would be over what MFP recommended, but I did not want to feel like I was missing out on my favorite foods. Overall I ended up eating less at the holiday meals than I would have if I had not been recording my food. Most of the time I went about doing what I set out to do here; logging my food and attempting to stay close to the calorie recommendation. Planning and recording my food seems to be a good strategy for me to handle food at during holidays.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Won't be logging, not too worried... everyone can still be sensible with their choices and portions around the holidays, even if it's 'bad' food.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm not...the Easter bunny stopped coming to me a long time ago. ;) The only thing I will be indulging in is turkey dinner; however, that can be quite healthy.
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Not very. 'Special' days usually only subsist of one meal and I'm not much of a candy eater in the first place, I actually doubt there's going to be any candy. There wasn't last year.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    hate to break it to you, but you didn't gain 7 lbs of fat (half a stone) that didn't budge because of one day. it was due to ongoing bad diet.

eat a sane amount of calories daily. for special occasions here and there, enjoy yourself. it's our daily norms that make or break us, not special occasions that we celebrate with feasts.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Im more worried about not getting a chocolate bunny than anything to do with calories in it
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that Easter was dangerous. I eat a little candy and whatever else is there that I want. It's only one day. Not a big deal. I don't worry about holidays. It's only a few days a year. The rest of the year I'm right on track. :drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm scared witless so I'm going to get some loonies to kill me then bury the body in a stone tomb.

I hope to miraculously emerge after festivities are over.

If all goes to plan I'll drop a few lbs, apparently due to the lack of carbs.

I hear that such behaviour is not without precedent.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    hate to break it to you, but you didn't gain 7 lbs of fat (half a stone) that didn't budge because of one day. it was due to ongoing bad diet.

eat a sane amount of calories daily. for special occasions here and there, enjoy yourself. it's our daily norms that make or break us, not special occasions that we celebrate with feasts.

Agreed.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Cadbury devil Eggs. :grumble:

By this time.. I would normally have had like 20... I have had None this year! :smile:
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I'm not too worried about easter dinner (I don't eat potatoes or stuffing) my plate is usually turkey with cranberries on top and tons of veggies and pickles! I'm particular like that.

My biggest concern Os all the easter chocolate the bunny will leave for my son. I have a sweet tooth.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm scared witless so I'm going to get some loonies to kill me then bury the body in a stone tomb.

I hope to miraculously emerge after festivities are over.

If all goes to plan I'll drop a few lbs, apparently due to the lack of carbs.

I hear that such behaviour is not without precedent.

shhhhhhhh...see what that piece of bread did to you? I am a pink peep now, pure sugar. You're safe.
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I'm slightly worried! I know my flatmates have got me eggs and my parents usually get me some too. I don't usually like chocolate but there's just SOMETHING about Easter that makes me crave it. I have no self-control during that weekend -__- Maybe this year will be the year I change! You never know. Plan, plan, plan and everything will be okay (:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am hostng Easter. Not really worried it is one day. I am making ham, carrot slaw, potato salad and lemon bars. My guests are bring things too and I plan on sampling everything. Like I said it is only one day. I will portion everything log in and weigh in the next day. Then work out hard all week. It is not like I plan on eating like that everyday.