MFP has taken over Facebook

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    I don't have a facebook, twitter or some other account. guess you guys are just stuck with me.

Me too. Wow, didn't think others did the same.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    You figure both sites 80% of the content is someone saying they had a sandwich for lunch. Might as well figure out the Fats/Carbs/Protein of that sandwich.

LOL, very true!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Face what?

I keep mine to stay in touch with family and friends, since I'm the one that moved slam across the country, but I am here SOOO much more than there?

I am almost always on MFP and go days without looking at FB. I guess I have traded one addiction for another, but I am shrinking while I do this one, lol. :bigsmile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    I've deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts. It's so liberating! But yeah, I'm on here a lot more nowadays!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Holy crap, I thougth I was the only one. Thank God, I'm not a weirdo. At least not for this reason...
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Never had a MyBook nor a FaceSpace account, never will.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    i deactivated My Account on facebook for two months. Then went back on and deleted everyone but my family and a few close friends. i'm over it... i Love MFP. i check in here morning and Night. i find it so much more fun :)
    Definately over facebook! and very liberating!!!
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    I gave up Facebook in December. I'm barely there now. I check in with one group of friends or when I haven't heard from my kids in awhile. I'm here everyday. I love it so much more than Facebook....and my husband is actually on here, too; he's never had a FB account.
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894

Besides, its far too dangerous being FB creeper versus MFP creeper.
    What does that mean?
  • Marylovell
    Marylovell Posts: 19 Member
    What a great statistic about FB members and the idea of them all getting MFP accounts instead!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    that explains the large influx of idiots a holes
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    I haven't logged on facebook for quite some time. It seemed like I spent way too much time peeking at other people's "lives" while I was soo unhappy. Now, I'm focused on ME, my goals, my dreams and only looking at plates of food I put in front of myself! ( I detest how everyone posts photos of their 1,000,000+ calorie snacks)
    I might just delete my account, so far I haven't heard from anyone other than family, that's how important I was eh! :sad: :sad: :noway:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    I only go on FB to pull pictures from my crossfit workouts that get posted
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    I love MFP and yes Facebook is boring everyone talking to them selves whining about every little thing in their life. And friends on here care about u:)
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    I agree 100% !!!! I forget to even login to facebook these days! hahaha unless I'm "checking in" at the gym...hahaha!
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    I love MFP and yes Facebook is boring everyone talking to them selves whining about every little thing in their life. And friends on here care about u:)

Totally agree with you!!!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Yup it has for me. I guess because we all have a common goal is to be healthier. I like the communication between people and people are more fun here for some reason.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Thank god I am not the only person who thinks Facebook is the carbuncle on the *kitten* of humanity!!! I got an account after a work colleague nagged me into it, but I look at it once in about 18 months. To be honest, I had forgotten I had it!!! Besides, the conversations on MFP are actually interesting (well, most of them!)!!!!
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Facebook has too much negative energy, MFP has all good vibes, there are some really cool people on here.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    I do have FB but don't use it as much as I used to, but I'm often told I'm obsessed with this site lol xx