Ladies who are around 5'7", what is your ultimate gw?

Options

Replies

• _ting_
    _ting_ Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm a 5'7" hourglass and had my goal set for 140. Then your question made me wonder what my frame size was.

I have 7" wrists so Livestrong states that I am large framed! News to me!:noway: :grumble:

Supposedly my ideal weight is between 143-163lbs. So I've reset my goal weight for 150-155 and I'll check how I feel when I get there. Good question.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    medium frame
    measurements say hourglass, but my lack of boobs and bigger thighs make me look and feel more like a pear

Start weight: 215 (highest ever was 235 during both pregnancies)
    Current: 135.8
    Goal: around 135 I need to gain some muscle and would not mind a few pounds for a lower bf% and more sculpted look
  • bluflu2003
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and at 125 lbs. Based on my wrist/elbow (and small ankles) I'm small framed. But, I have broad shoulders, bigger rib cage and I'm muscular (build muscle easily). I think I look more medium build with weirdly skinny wrists and ankles (that or the chart is a bunch of crap). I guess my shape is inverted triangle since my shoulders are wider than my hips
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    CW: 176

GW for now: 165

I am going with 165 lbs but if I wanna lose more weight when I get there I will but that depends on when I get there and how my body looks like.
  • mpetitpre
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my GW is 117lb (currently 120 and I doubt it will make most of a difference but that is what I was a few months ago so i'm still just trying to get rid of my thanksgiving/xmas/spring break vacation weight gain haha)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Medium boned.. goal weight is 160. I'm over half way there right now at 167 lbs, 25%BF, size 6 pants.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread. We are all near the same height but really different in body frame. No one has ever seen me and been able to guess my weight. My goal weight is 175. The last time I was 175 I wore a size 8. I am a 12/14 right now and I weigh 202. Everyone is different.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    155-160

Giant bones - 94th percentile

If I drop below 150 I start looking creepy in the face.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and large framed (my wrist measurement is more than 6.5 inches)

SW: 207
    CW: 181
    GW1: 160
    UGW: 145-150

I feel like 140 or below is just 1) not realistic and would not be easy for me to maintain. and 2) I would be too thin for my preference. I like my thighs and my butt and having at least SOME boobs lol.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    5' 7", currently around 178. Hourglass is re-emerging. I'm aiming for 10 stone (140lbs) as that was where I was when I was younger. See how it goes. Frame varied - by wrist it is small, my elbow it is medium/large - got down to UK size 12 in the past but never for very long, settled at 14 normally, so I don't think it is small frame - I just have freakishly small hands.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    5'7" medium build, 26% BF
    SW @ 12/26 182.5
    CW @ 3/19 157
    GW before May 2014 - 145 to 150lb.
    If I'm comfy at 150, I'll maintain from there. To be honest I'm kinda comfy now but if I can drop some more then fine. For me at my age I'm never going to be the weight I was in my teens/twenties i.e. 112b. I'm more interested to improve my running skills/technique (recently graduated from C25K).
  • raegan1215
    Options
    CW: 155
    GW: 130

i'm consistently exercising for the first time in my adult life so i'm gonna just keep at it and see what happens. i figure if i'm eating well and exercising, the rest will take care of itself in time.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6.5" (the half counts lol)

I'm apple shaped, medium-boned and look more athletic than anything else. My goal is about 150ish for now, but it may change. I'm focusing more on overall fitness, definition, and a lower body fat percentage for now!

Good luck ladies! :drinker:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Larger framed, my goal weight is 138lbs and hopefully 20%-22% body fat.
  • rachelblair09
    Options
    im 5 ftt 8 and weigh 132 lbs and even then im a UK size 8 and very slim...i dread to think what 112 lbs looks like at your height.no offence!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    medium, just 5'6.5" and UGW is 125
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    5'7", CW 145, GW 130, but i'll probably settle around 125. my legs are thick and they lose weight last. i need to get to 130 or below to look balanced. was down to 110 a few years ago when i was nursing two babies, and that was way too skinny.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I would say my ideal weight would be 140 or 150. I don't think I could lose much more than that with my big butt. I'm aiming for 160 right now. If I get there and want to do more, I'll aim for that last 20 lbs.
  • beccabird13
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and large bone structure, I have my goal set for 100 lbs that would put me at 124 lbs. i know thats to small for some one my size but I'm not sure that I will lose all 100 lbs because I want to have a more athletic body so I will Weigh more.
    I'm thinking 135-140
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 140 at 5''6, yet looking nothing like some of you do at 150 pounds. I still look...BIG. Ya'all must either have a lot of muscle or I must have NO muscles and a lot of body fat....