When is it really weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.

I know I shouldn't freak out about it, but the number going up still... well, makes me grumpy. ;-)

I know that I'm getting stronger and leaner. My head knows it, anyway, but my gut is so afraid of expanding... and expanding... and...

I've decided to keep doing what I'm doing and hope that the numbers go back down again. But I have to admit, if they go up much more, I'm really going to lose it!

Measure. Really. I am so where you are. Measuring helps.

I was bummed out because I'd gained two pounds. Then I measured my hips and they were down 2". That is a LOT of hips.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Just to give some reassurance : I used to weight as low as 54 kilos for 1m 63 I am now 59 kilos and look much slimmer and fit than when I was 54 kilos ( a lot less kilos ) but at 54 kilos the number was lower but I had more fat on me and therefore I would much rather look like I do now and the number being higher :-p

So muscle weight more but you look better :)

this!!
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thank you, mimiwin, nxd10 and kim5555!

I did the measurements, and while they're not all bad, they're up a bit (about half an inch on the tummy). I really need to get my head around the numbers ( or maybe the numbers out of my head). Maybe I just need to stop weighing myself everyday...

:-)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Read this and check out the comparison pics !! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/934168-how-did-this-happen-pics

An excerpt from the thread
    "Believe me when I tell you that I weigh 6 pounds more now than I did a year ago but I'm obviously much leaner. I would've never even realized how far I had come if not for these pictures. "

Hope this encourages you
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kim, that post is pretty amazing! Guess it's time to break out the camera... *cringe*
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Yes break out the camera!!! I'm so glad I did!!!
  • bananasd09
    bananasd09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tanja77
    tanja77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks for Dan's text!