Do you re-rack your weights or are you a douche?!!??

Options
Your take on it.. goooooooooooo

Replies

• Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Other than bad body odour, it's gotta be the worst gym etiquette to have. Rack your damn plates, your mom isn't here to clean up after you.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I think it's rude to leave all the weight on the bar, eg after benching.

If you're deadlifting and leave 300lb on the bar on the floor then that's just straight up annoying. I don't wanna spend 2 minutes taking that $%& off and racking it.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Re-reack weights... it's just common decency.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I hate people who do this.

I have regularly had to take off 2-3 plates each side of the bar in the squat rack, because people have just left it on there when they're done. We also have 45kg (99lb) plates that have been left before on leg press etc. That ****'s heavy and I don't appreciate having to take it off before I lift!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, so if I can't be bothered to take the weights of my barbell at the end of a workout, it doesn't amount to anything, in fact it's probably less work to adjust them to the right amount for my next workout, as it is to put them all back then get them all out again. So you can probably tell what my last workout was based on what weights are currently on my barbell and dumbbells.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    no one is a douche.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i'm a douche. :/
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Seriously though? Do you not re-rack ya weights?
  • Ninguneado73
    Options

I think that'd be impossible
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, so if I can't be bothered to take the weights of my barbell at the end of a workout, it doesn't amount to anything, in fact it's probably less work to adjust them to the right amount for my next workout, as it is to put them all back then get them all out again. So you can probably tell what my last workout was based on what weights are currently on my barbell and dumbbells.

Same here. Another bonus of lifting at home, you almost ready to go next session, just a few adjustments
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1) Its a pain in the butt to find the weights all over the gym so to avoid the next guy to go through it, I re-rack
    2) We have a "coach" on staff who mainly checks if people aren't doing anything dangerous. He keeps check on who is not re-racking and since he's this HUGE fella, people listen to him when he tells them to re-rack
  • mverburgt
    mverburgt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym when it opens each day and I am always having to remove plates that others left on or search for a missing dumbbell. I have limited time so I like to get in, keep moving and get out so I hate the time it wastes.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I rerack and tend to rerack others during rest sets. The gym owner saw me doing this and has since said something but you still find douche bags (male and female) who don't.
  • kaitlynelkins9
    kaitlynelkins9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I usually don't re-rack plates. At my gym, absolutely no one does. I really don't mind adjusting plates, and it appears no one else at my gym does either. It usually takes me some time to get set up in the squat rack though because it involves removing the plates that were left, taking down the bar, adjusting the clips to a height that works for me, putting the bar back up, and then putting on the plates again. But it doesn't bother me, and I just consider it steps in preparation of my lift. I always put dumbbells back in the appropriate rack though.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I stand corrected.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Always. And at home too. One less thing to bother with when it's orderly. It's also safer.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Your set isn't done until you re-rack your weights. I often wonder about the guys who squat over 300lbs, then watch a tiny girl (me) come over to re-rack the weights. You would think they would feel bad watching a girl put all their weights away...
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It def takes some time to re rack my 5's off the bar. But I like ppl to see how strong I am moving those 5's. I usually grunt real loud. To draw maximum attention.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I don't know, sometimes I lose faith in the human race. I think I might need to take over and rule the world especially if they cant even be considerate enough to rack their weights. :laugh: :wink:

Oh and what gets me too is when people monopolize 2-3 machines at the same time. I will jump in in the middle and just use them. Sorry, but your not the only person here buddy. haha
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Top level douches never rerack their weights. But what burns me more than that is when your gym provides towels and spray bottles to clean off the benches, cardio equipment, etc and the ULTRA DOUCHES can't seem to squirt a couple of squirts and swipe a couple of times to wipe off the equipment they just sweated all over. In fact if I had to do a Douche Bag Sacle

SORTA DOUCHE - Maybe just has terrible BO. And maybe is rocking all spandex. But other than that...not too bad.

DOUCHE - Doesn't know that they need to re rack their weights. Asks if you are almost done with equipment 5 minutes into your work. Sings outloud once in awhile.

TOP LEVEL DOUCHE - Knows they should rerack their weights but choose not to because they are far too douchy for that. Asks if you are done with equipment while you still using it. Grunts like a wildebeast while doing drop sets.

ULTRA DOUCHE - Throws their weights on the floor when done and walks away. Never wipes down equipment. Answers their cell phone during workouts. Takes your equipment in the middle of your workout. Wears a confederate flag bandana. Poses after all curl sets.

SUPER MEGA ULTRA TOP DOG DOUCHE - Does all the above.