What's your bad habit?

Options
I'm just curious; what is your bad habit? and how did you break it?
I'll start....one habit I have is my weekend breakfast; coffee and a bagel (with cream cheese). I can go without it during the week, but not the weekend. I know I can make healthier breakfast choices with fewer calories, but a part of me really doesn't want to.....Is that bad????

Replies

• starrynightinaug
    starrynightinaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like to drink...... like to have 2 or 3 glasses of wine at night when I am getting dinner ready for everyone, making lunches for the next day and than to relax. On the weekend, beer with lunch , etc. I don't go crazy on the drinks, but sure it does not help. Oh, and bread...... have to have bread with my dinner and now have the kids hooked on it so they expect it!!!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Horrible sweet tooth. It doesn't help that my husband has one too so there are always sweets in the house. If I don't see them, however, I can do without them.
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine was diet coke. I always had to have it. I finally broke the habit by just giving it up cold turkey. If I want a soda, I drink the real thing which is maybe once a week. One thing that helped me break it was realizing other things in my life were worth more than that diet coke. It has been 6 weeks and I'm never going back.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Most def the drinking on the weekends...BUT on April 29th I have been 1 year smoke free!!! :drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Horrible sweet tooth. It doesn't help that my husband has one too so there are always sweets in the house. If I don't see them, however, I can do without them.

^^this^^
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like to drink...... like to have 2 or 3 glasses of wine at night when I am getting dinner ready for everyone, making lunches for the next day and than to relax. On the weekend, beer with lunch , etc. I don't go crazy on the drinks, but sure it does not help. Oh, and bread...... have to have bread with my dinner and now have the kids hooked on it so they expect it!!!

I'm with you. It's the wine.
  • starrynightinaug
    starrynightinaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    brutal........... but sorry, so not giving it up!!!
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    One of my bad habits was drinking regular soda. Over the years I have drank enough soda to fill a small lake. Tons of extra sugar going into my body every day. I finally stopped, but it was very hard. Caffine headaches were terrible for the first five days. Now I'm clean and I feel much better without the extra sugar in my system. I sleep better too :)
  • lisagregory01
    lisagregory01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Drinking wine! But I've had the aha moment, hopefully. I work out pretty hard (5-10) hours per week. I've realized that the wine is sabotaging all of that hard work! I am basically wasting my time as far as weight loss goes. SO, I am trying to seriously cut back. I'm beginning to look at it like the enemy! I would never eat a big bowl of ice cream for the guilt so why substitute that ice cream with wine? The wine is probably worse because not only does it pack on the calories but it also slows down your metabolism. I read an article today that says that every time you drink your body starts to work hard to get rid of the toxins and stops burning fat. That just doesn't work for me!
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Most def the drinking on the weekends...BUT on April 29th I have been 1 year smoke free!!! :drinker:
    Congrats. Wish my mom would/could stop

My habit is just eating so much before bedtime, i have always done it, and If I don't eat so often i get really bad headahces
    no one food really that I like.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Same here with the drinking...I have yet to quit smoking :( But SOON. Very soon. I'm getting there mentally and I know I'm just about over the edge and ready to quit. Congrats on your year! That's a major accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • trisha1298
    trisha1298 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to bake sweets for people in my office, and I'd always end up keeping half of them in my fridge and eat 2-3/day. Horrible habit! Now, I either bring fruit to work, or I just don't bring anything at all. I even threw out all of my baking extras like flower, brown sugar, and other things that I'll never "need" again.
  • redmohca89
    redmohca89 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Potato chips.

They are killing me, I dont enjoy sweets, but salty things get me every time.
    Last few weeks im just constantly snacking on chips, chips, chips, I just cant stop. Everytime I say no , I do it anyways,.
    I know they are VERY VERY bad, and I hate that I am addicted but I am......

Im considering just letting that be my food intake for the day, I cant stop eating them, and if i eat food as well, I end up going way the heck over on my fats. carbs, and 1280 cals a day limit.

Everyday I fail a little more, and more.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Biting my nails ... just cant help it :/
  • chod45
    chod45 Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat steady all evening long...from boredom...lonely...tired...a big problem...I make good choices during the day healthy breakfast..snacks during the work day are fruit and veggies ...I make a nutricious healthy tasty satisfying lunch for work each day....Then i walk in the door from work and start cooking supper...and it begins...I over eat supper...too big of a portion...and then I start to pick/snack/binge/mindless eating until I have a stomach ache usually two/three hours of snacking. I don't have junk food in my house...or any of the other foods that I can't control but still I am a 80 pounds overweight from this bad habit of over eating in the evenings. Help!!!!!
  • trisha1298
    trisha1298 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG I've been there! I looooove kettle chips, and I used to eat an entire bag in each sitting. I've even tried making my own potato chips at home to fulfill the craving (it sort of worked). I don't know what did it for me, I think one day my brain just turned off and I decided not to go down the chip aisle every again. Wish I had more helpful advice!
  • ChrisinGA
    Options
    Potato chips.

They are killing me, I dont enjoy sweets, but salty things get me every time.
    Last few weeks im just constantly snacking on chips, chips, chips, I just cant stop. Everytime I say no , I do it anyways,.
    I know they are VERY VERY bad, and I hate that I am addicted but I am......

Im considering just letting that be my food intake for the day, I cant stop eating them, and if i eat food as well, I end up going way the heck over on my fats. carbs, and 1280 cals a day limit.

Everyday I fail a little more, and more.

get you something like some grapes or oranges or something , I used to be a huge chip eater but I have cut down big time.
  • ChrisinGA
    Options
    Biting my nails ... just cant help it :/

me too, but I thought we was talking about foods
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My two "cups" of coffee with original coffee mate creamer during the week when I get to work.....just can't seem to lower it to one and then to none.
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

^^this^^

this for mee too!... because I know they are in the house I want then.. so decided to put them in my daily allowance as little treats, so far it is stopping the binge mindset....