Faux "cheat" foods?

Options
Does anyone else have some foods that feel like cheating but aren't really? Mine are Swiss Miss diet Hot Cocoa (25 calories!) and meringues (110 calories and no fat for four cookies). Anyone else have stuff to add to the list?

Replies

• AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    PB2 most defiantly!
    Sometimes Special K Cracker Chips or the blue bell 100 calorie ice cream bars :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    A banana sliced lengthwise spread a natural nut butter on the sides then drizzle with melted dark chocolate!
  • echidna60
    Options
    I have three squares of Fair Trade dark (DARK) chocolate every day. It's maybe 85 calories. Not actually a lot of sugar. And it's easy to pass up other sweets when I think, "Nah, I'll just wait and have some really good chocolate tonight."
  • Pollychrome
    Pollychrome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people will think; "YUCK!", but I really love the Kirkland Signature From Costco 17 g (.6 oz) - Roasted Seasoned Seaweed. The whole pack in only 100 calories, they're crunchy, salty and I think a good substitute for your typical savory snack like chips.

I eat them as a snack when I'm not hungry, but have to eat.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people will think; "YUCK!", but I really love the Kirkland Signature From Costco 17 g (.6 oz) - Roasted Seasoned Seaweed. The whole pack in only 100 calories, they're crunchy, salty and I think a good substitute for your typical savory snack like chips.

I eat them as a snack when I'm not hungry, but have to eat.

I eat something similar to that. "Green Tea Oil Seaweed" by ChoripDong 30 cals a pack. They hit the spot for those who like something crisp with a bit of salt. Only 65 mg of sodium though so not too bad.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Faux "cheat" foods? Just eat whatever it is you're really craving, in a small portion.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream and chocolate syrup. When you eat it from a hooker's belly, it's cheating., When you eat it from a plate, it's faux cheating
  • lmnconn
    lmnconn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nestlé semi sweet chocolate chips
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have some foods that feel like cheating but aren't really? Mine are Swiss Miss diet Hot Cocoa (25 calories!) and meringues (110 calories and no fat for four cookies). Anyone else have stuff to add to the list?

I have cheesecake every single day of my life. It tastes just like the highly caloric kinds, only it is high in protein with reasonable amounts of carbs and fats and all fit into my macros and calorie goal easily.

If you find some good recipes, you will have even less desire to eat over your calorie goal because it tastes like you are when you aren't.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Definitely meringues. I just buy the ordinary sugary delicious nests. 56 calories each, 100 total if you add a spoon of whipped cream, 150 if you add a handful of nuts on top.

Yep, give me sugary full-fat dessert instead of 150 cals of some horrid 'diet' cake! I even just eat a meringue nest with a cup of tea instead of a biscuit some evenings.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon :love:
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Froyo instead of ice-cream
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    A banana sliced lengthwise spread a natural nut butter on the sides then drizzle with melted dark chocolate!

Thank you for this.

A bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon of chocolate chips sprinkled on top (don't stir.)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip coconut oatmeal
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon :love:

Oh god yes I agree!!
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options

Thank you for this.

A bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon of chocolate chips sprinkled on top (don't stir.)
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    if you add peanut butter and then the mini choco chips on top, its like eating a reese cup oatmeal.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gala crunchy red apple topped with vanilla non fat yogurt and granola! Yummmm!

Also strawberries with low fat whip cm and also the all natural almond/cashew/pecan clusters from SAMs club! Yum

Also, I love oatmeal CHOC chip cookies, found cool recipe for protein version that's healthier, made with unsweetened apple sauce! http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2011/07/25/high-protein-heatlhy-oatmeal-cookies/ also, love Jamie Easons carrot cake whey protein bars http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-carrot-cake-protein-bars.htm

Yum!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Apple cinnamon microwave..

mmmmmmmm
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What I call Super Nachos.

It takes all evil and treaty, but is good for protein and veggies.