Faux "cheat" foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I do not call anything a cheat food. That sounds rather silly to me, food is food, just different components and vitamins/minerals etc.
    to call something a cheat is to imply you are somehow doing something wrong.

That said, I have dark chocolate most nights, I often have smoked salmon as my dinner, I have a soya latte almost everyday and if I feel like it, I have a brownie or a few cookies or a normal chocolate bar, shock horror.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do not call anything a cheat food. That sounds rather silly to me, food is food, just different components and vitamins/minerals etc.

That said, I have dark chocolate most nights, I often have smoked salmon as my dinner, I have a soya latte almost everyday and if I feel like it, I have a brownie or a few cookies or a normal chocolate bar, shock horror.

The only cheat I consider my soy lattes is the price I pay for them when I don't make them myself.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

The only cheat I consider my soy lattes is the price I pay for them when I don't make them myself.

True, the cost does add up rather a lot, but relaxing in the cafe over a latte is one of my pleasures in life, given my home environment is not very relaxing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

True, the cost does add up rather a lot, but relaxing in the cafe over a latte is one of my pleasures in life, given my home environment is not very relaxing.

Yes, I agree. I'm lucky that I don't have easy access to my favorite kind, or I would have a daily struggle with my bank account and my self control.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Faux "cheat" foods? Just eat whatever it is you're really craving, in a small portion.

I once made a fake burger with two slices of pizza.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Oh man, so true.
  • ScottThomasM
    Options
    I "discovered" an awesome cheat meal.

Meat Slice Salad:

100g Pre-chopped iceberg lettuce
    25g Fresh Spinach
    4 Slices of sandwich ham
    Ceaser Salad Dressing to taste.

Total calories 60-80 (LESS THAN AN APPLE!)

Now I know some people might be thinking "That's just a boring old salad!" but seriously it's a massive MASSIVE bowl of salad that can really fill you up if you need to fill the hunger without breaking your caloric limit for the day. Not only that it tastes great, make sure you get a great dressing. I've got a bowl in the fridge waiting for me and now I think I'll go get it :D
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    A banana sliced lengthwise spread a natural nut butter on the sides then drizzle with melted dark chocolate!

Thank you for this.

A bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon of chocolate chips sprinkled on top (don't stir.)
    YW! Thanks for this! Never thought of choc chips on oatmeal. Can't wait to try it.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    my refeed day or "cheat day" i just go to a chinese buffet... FUEGOOOOOO
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese on Trader Joe's Sprouted Rye bread - so good! I'm definitely going to be trying some of the banana and oatmeal suggestions on here though; love 'em both! Thanks!
  • mrssqiggle
    Options
    Diet Jelly yummy :happy:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Making a burger using 4oz (standard size patty ) 96% lean ground beef. I just add lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple slice, onion, and guac. I spread 35 cal laughing cow. Sooooo good and it's around 250 cal