22+ tryin to lose weight by mid may! Who wants to join?

Options
13»

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by May 28th (my 21st birthday)! I'd love a few more friends to help me get there.

As for my current diet plan, I'll copy/paste what I just wrote for another topic. :3

I've lost 16 pounds in just over two months. I've done this by finding a system that works for me. I work out almost every day, doing 30 minutes or so of spinning or running. A few times a week, I'll do 15 minutes to half an hour of core and circuit training. I take the stairs instead of the elevator. But I've also found a meal plan that works for me. I let myself go on eating things I love, but I am more cautious of what I'm putting in my mouth. I still do chips and salsa when I go out with friends on Wednesday nights. I still eat ice cream. When there are dirt cups in the cafeteria, I'll get one. But I limit this to a small portion once a week as opposed to how much I want every day. I plan my meals ahead, so if I know I'm going out one day, I'll eat a little less in the morning. I normally average 1500-1800 calories a day, with 300+ calories lost in workouts. I rarely eat back my workout calories (except on spinning days, when I burn 600-800 calories).
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How do you join, is this in the group category?
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Want to start wearing my spring wardrobe at the end of year barbies at uni! want to lose another stone by May :)
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    Mrsblu2006

Check out some of the suggestions i mentioned to lilrachelle :smile:
    Ive done what you have been doing, the kinect, wii, and zumba really get you moving :happy:
    I love the plan you got bout losing 2 pounds per week...that is very reasonable and its a healthy rate youre choosing

Do you listen to any music while workin out? If so, what?

I checked out the suggestions you made and I will try walking for three minutes and jogging for one. I do listen to music when I workout. I usually do a mix on my pandora of Kesha & Beyonce I love to dance so the music motivates me to go longer and stornger.
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I would like to lose at least 10 pounds by May. 15 would be even better.
  • BoJenks
    BoJenks Posts: 11
    Options
    Count me in! I recently joined MFP and my goal weight loss is just over 30 pounds but I'd love to see what I can do by May with some motivation!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I want to lose15LBS by May! I'm starting school and I want to feel GREAT! Please add me if you log in every day :)
  • ggogna
    ggogna Posts: 4
    Options
    I'll join! i would love the motivation that a group could provide. I want to lose 10 pounds more and then I'll be at my ideal weight/size
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just checking in: How is everyone doing so far?
  • Annsterbird
    Annsterbird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ahh! I've been on and off this thing for a few years. I never stay motivated and have a very busy life (full time job, full time college student). I'm 22 and I've gained weight because I'm in a happy, loving relationship...well theres school stress and just fun nights watching movies to blame too. He seems to be losing while I'm gaining!! :( I definitely want to join in, make some friends, be supportive to others and get some too!!

Also, I need guidelines lol, I'm all over the place when it comes to weight loss.