Should you tell someone you like them?

Options
Not 100% on how he feels about me but he seems to flirt with me a lot...

Replies

• Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I would....maybe test the waters. Its better than never taking the chance =)
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Depends on a couple of things--like, how long have you known this guy and how well do you know him? How well does he know you? If it's less than a couple of months, give it a bit more time, but if you're good friends and you've known each other for a while, then I'd say go for it. I actually asked the guy I liked out on our first date. We've been happily married for nearly 18 years now and have four kids together.
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    Depends on a couple of things--like, how long have you known this guy and how well do you know him? How well does he know you? If it's less than a couple of months, give it a bit more time, but if you're good friends and you've known each other for a while, then I'd say go for it. I actually asked the guy I liked out on our first date. We've been happily married for nearly 18 years now and have four kids together.
    known him since beginning of this year. Know him pretty well as I lived with him for couple months (was living with his brother and wife) only problem is I am friends with his bro and newly wed wife- would that cause took much grief do you think?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    You should keep it a secret, and wait for him to guess that you do. In the meantime,you can be his "friend" while he goes out with other women and confides in you all the things about the relationship you don't want to hear. Then, after a couple years of mistakes, he'll realize the one he was looking for was there all along...

Or, you can tell him and see what happens.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    known him since beginning of this year. Know him pretty well as I lived with him for couple months (was living with his brother and wife) only problem is I am friends with his bro and newly wed wife- would that cause took much grief do you think?

1) don't overthink stuff
    2) if you like a guy, tell him. it's just as flattering for guys to hear that as it is for women to hear that.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You should keep it a secret, and wait for him to guess that you do. In the meantime,you can be his "friend" while he goes out with other women and confides in you all the things about the relationship you don't want to hear. Then, after a couple years of mistakes, he'll realize the one he was looking for was there all along...

Haha...this is the sarcastic answer I first thought of. Brings me back to high school!! Lol
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think this site is overrun with 13 year olds. Not that there's anything wrong with 13 year olds. Just sayin'.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I will pass him a note in study hall for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just tell him you want to climb him like a tree.

Worked for me.
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Simple. Tell him you like him. If he says he doesn't feel the same way back then tell him you were hoping you could perform some wild/kinky act with him, and then walk away. Now regardless of the outcome you can come out with a smile.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about an mfp friend? That would make a difference on how I answer this.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Was going to make a snarky comment re: expecting him to read your mind. Noticed he's your roommate. Maybe not, in that situation.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    But do you LIKE like him?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

Worked for me.

I know you're married, live thousands of miles away, and a chick...but we can make this work.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do you think it's mutual? If you think it's not, it's better to just get him really drunk and make sure he wakes up in your bed.
    2 months from that, BAM! You tell him you're pregnant.
    Works every time.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    take the chance theres no harm in trying
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Worked for me.

I know you're married, live thousands of miles away, and a chick...but we can make this work.

I think so!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker:
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are an adult, right? You say you're 21. This means that you're a big kid now and you can be a big kid and talk to another adult human being and say, "I like you and would like to spend more time with you and get to know you better. Would you like to grab some coffee?"

Try it. Being and adult is not that scary.
  • wildrose85014
    Options
    actions speak louder than words. don't tell him, show him. offer to buy him a coffee, soda or whatever.. if you are going out for lunch, ask if you could bring him back something, if he's busy... maybe just once , then let him respond. if he's interested he will reciprocate. if no response, let it go, if he's interested he'll let you know.