Should you tell someone you like them?

Options

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Tell your best friend to tell his best friend that you like him.

No seriously just tell him.
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    Sometimes I think this site is overrun with 13 year olds. Not that there's anything wrong with 13 year olds. Just sayin'.
    I'm actually 21...
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    You are an adult, right? You say you're 21. This means that you're a big kid now and you can be a big kid and talk to another adult human being and say, "I like you and would like to spend more time with you and get to know you better. Would you like to grab some coffee?"

Try it. Being and adult is not that scary.
    heard of anxiety? It's not always that simple
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think this site is overrun with 13 year olds. Not that there's anything wrong with 13 year olds. Just sayin'.
    I'm actually 21...

Time to start acting like it, then. :D

Get over it and do it. It's not that hard, like everyone here has said. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Not 100% on how he feels about me but he seems to flirt with me a lot...

Drunk text him. Gives you a good cover story if he doesn't like you back.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    trust me. it's always best to be confident to talk about your own feelings and to be direct and clear
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    I'm actually 21...

I do act like it. You don't know the first thing about my life so don't pretend like you do.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Anxiety sucks. I can relate.

Don't put it off and off and off and off... (you get the drift).

Take a deep breath and go ask him if he wants to go out sometime. If he does, cool. If not, have you lost anything?

The sooner you do it the less time you'll have to be anxious about it. And guys understand anxious girls way more than girls understand anxious guys.

Edit: Clarifying that last sentence. Women are put off by guys who lack confidence. (Ask me how I know). Guys don't seem to be as much.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Slip him this?

DE093825-64B3-422D-9692-E67BEA2772B7-3779-000001F44A153214.jpg
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    " ERRR'BODYY LETS TAKEE SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!" :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:

I bet alcohol will get him a talkin'! lmao
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options
    I'm actually 21...

I do act like it. You don't know the first thing about my life so don't pretend like you do.

Correct, I only know what you're saying in this thread. That's the only thing I was referring to, not the REST of your life, which I never mentioned. You're not acting 21 in regards to this situation that you posted about. So, follow the advice you're being given. It'll work out just fine, I've done it many times and I also have an anxiety disorder. At some point though, you have to put on your grownup pants and do something if it's important to you. :)
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
    " ERRR'BODYY LETS TAKEE SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!" :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:

im 33 and shes right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options

That brings back memories! I burned that song to a CD and gave it to a guy when I was 15. We started dating a week later. I guess he checked "Yes" :blushing:

It was cute then, still a cute idea now. :D
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:

yup im 33 and shes right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, Alcohol ALWAYS brings out the truth!
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you. Be anxious for nothing. Also when a man really wants something they will do anything to get it. Being coy still works...but most women are to desperate to wait. Things I tell my daughter always let a guy know that u have other interest besides him. Never chase boys, never make someone your priority when you're just an option. Nuggets... if he likes u he will let u know when he's ready.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you. Be anxious for nothing. Also when a man really wants something they will do anything to get it. Being coy still works...but most women are to desperate to wait. Things I tell my daughter always let a guy know that u have other interest besides him. Never chase boys, never make someone your priority when you're just an option. Nuggets... if he likes u he will let u know when he's ready.

...or if he's really good looking, another lady could have gotten him first by being straightforward ;-)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    no, never. it's a horrible idea. just admire from afar and spend the rest of your days on earth wondering if he was the one.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Tell him.

I know its hard. I have bad social anxiety so i know how you feel. I even have the added bonus of being the type of girl a guy would "take for the team". (Thankfully my boyfriend is half blind so doesn't see it that way.)

To most people here it sounds pathetic and immature, and i get that, Most of them don't over-analyze things as simple asaying hi to someone in the street. Don't be offended.

But i'd get in there before someone else does! He could be equally as nervous. Even just show a bit of interest without being outright. I wouldn't recommend it over telling him straight though. Nothing beats that. He'll respect you more if you communicate with him. If you keep him guessing its likely he'll keep you guessing!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Drunk text him. Gives you a good cover story if he doesn't like you back.
    I think i did this once. But don't remember if i actually sent it 'cause i was too drunk! :P