5'10.5 with 20 lbs to lose, any tall ladies out there?

Options
Hey, I just joined this site a couple of days ago, but I've been actively losing weight since early last year. I'm 5'10 1/2, down 35 lbs, and have about 20 more to lose. I've never used a phone app/site to help me lose weight, but so far, it's been great motivation. I log on everyday and update frequently.

Anyone can feel free to add me, but I'd really like to add ladies who are around my height.

Replies

• ChristinaD2
    Options
    Hello! I'm close... 5'9" :smile: I have lost 19 lbs. since the first of the year with 51 lbs. to go. I'll send a friend request!
  • tallpixels
    Options
    Added! Congrats on the weight loss... it's great to connect with other tall ladies, losing weight is definitely different for us :)
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I've recently reset my account so I don't look like I've lost anything but I've lost 6 this year (it was a good idea for me to reset personally). I've set my current goal at a 30 lb loss.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and have about 30lbs left to lose.
  • binze48
    binze48 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have a lot to loose. I just started MFP a couple days ago, looking for some support. I'm focusing less on how much i have to loose and more on making changes for a healthier lifestyle.
  • alliahhussain
    alliahhussain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5"9..got another I don't know 20-30lbs to lose. I will FR :)
  • tallpixels
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I've recently reset my account so I don't look like I've lost anything but I've lost 6 this year (it was a good idea for me to reset personally). I've set my current goal at a 30 lb loss.

I did something similar, I've actually lost a lot more, but decided to start my account based on how much weight I have left to lose instead of how much I've lost total.
  • tallpixels
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and have about 30lbs left to lose.

Congrats on the weight loss so far!
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! I'm 5'9", and am on the last leg of my weight loss. I'd love to connect with some of the other tall gals out there! :)
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, will I do lol?? I have lost 18 lbs so far and have about 10 to go. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 :) I want to lose over 20 as well. :)
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello: I am 5'7 and I have lost 103 lbs so far and 30 to go.....
  • mistibalch
    mistibalch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I must be from little people small world. I'm only 5'3..lol. I wish you best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • izzwizz_london
    izzwizz_london Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 6' tall and aiming to lose 10 kilos which is 22 pounds I think. Started 2 weeks ago and still quite enjoying it :)
  • mwepner
    mwepner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just posted almost the same message this morning. I also feel that for tall girls it's a totally different ball game. If I hear one more person say "you are lucky you are tall, cause you carry wieght well" i may just go culumbo on them. LOL :-) COngrats on your weight loss! That is awesome it sounds like you and I are reaching for the same weight loss goal. I'm looking to lose 50 and am down 20 so far.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" with 75 lbs to lose. I've been on MFP for about a month and am still motivated (that has to be a record in itself!!).

I'd love to have more friends on here.

There is a tall women forum, although not very active

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/126-tall-women

I agree that it is different for us. All our numbers are different. My goal weight is my shorter friends obese weight, I had to reconcile within myself that I will never be 120lbs (I could be, but I wouldn't look or be healthy, plus it would be a full time job to stay there).
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I am 5'10" and still have 55 lbs or 25 kg to go. Started MFP 2 weeks ago after signing up a while back.
    Would love to stay in touch!
  • rachelisrued
    rachelisrued Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm your exact height and need to lose around 40 to be my ideal weight.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"+ some. I 've lost 45 pounds total since September. I'm pretty new to MFP. Not sure what my final goal will be. But I am 4 pounds to the goal I first set, and that is a normal BMI.
  • Banya7
    Banya7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm glad there are more of us out there! I'm 5'10.5 also. I've just started being really committed to MFP this year and have lost 7 lbs since February!! I have a lot more to go but I'm in a good groove and feel like I can really do this! I'm great with motivating so if you need that support please feel free to add me!!

Good luck and good health!!