5'10.5 with 20 lbs to lose, any tall ladies out there?

Options

Replies

• Bunnyguru
    Bunnyguru Posts: 18
    Options
    i'm 5'10,5" and working to lose the last 20lbs. I can still remember being around 150 and it felt good. i guess when i finally reach my goal then i'll feel even better ;)

Feel free to add me :)
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and started with (gulp!) 50lb to lose. I have lost 34 and have 16 to go so more than 2/3 of the way there. I have sent you a FR.

I agree with one of the posters above about people saying that us tall ladies carry the weight well. I get that all the time - people say that I don't need to lose any more, but I know that I need to lose at least that 16 lb, if not more. We may tuck more fat round our frames before you can really notice it but it takes longer to lose it again! You might look worse than me with 8lb to lose but I've still got to safely lose twice as much
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi! I am 5"11", I've lost a little over 30, with about 20 more to go too!
  • chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - I am 5'11 as well and try to lose another 20-25 pounds. I am currently in my first round of P90X (3 weeks to go) and love it! Feel free to add me.
  • vardymardy
    Options
    Hi
    I am a brand new newbie (about 30mins ago) 6' tall and starting with a weight of 312lbs. It sounds soooo much, and I do come up as morbidly obese on any weight scales which is a bit frightening! My first target seems to be heavier than a lot of people's starting weight....
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'11" does this work for you? I would love to join in on your journey.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    So glad you posted. I'm almost 5'10" and it is so hard to manage the weight...I think I've got 25-30 pounds to go. Under that I'm not sure what I'd look like. I'll send you a friend request.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    I am 5'10 and have about 6 pounds to go! <----which by the way are the HARDEST!! But what my profile doesn't reflect is that before coming to MFP I lost 40 pounds.

I am all to familiar with tall people problems in the world of weight loss!!

I have a short friend who says to me that I am lucky that I am tall, because if I was short I would look a lot bigger....wait...what??:grumble:
    I hate left handed compliments!!

I'm almost 5'10" why IS it harder for us to loose weight?
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'11" does this work for you? I would love to join in on your journey.

YES THIS WORKS! :smile: Hello beautiful tall ladies! I am 6'1". I started my journey Jan 20, 2013. Start weight was 210, my current weight is 186 ( so I've lost 24lbs in 2 1/2 months, yes it works!) My goal is 170. My bigger goal is spending a LONG life with my wonderful husband, being able to really play with my 3 kids without dieing in 2 min, health!! I am limiting my friends to just family but I wish all you fabulous tall ladies the very best!! Good luck! We can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5'10 here. I started in January at 225 and am at 208 right now. Fell free to add me :) and good luck!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is different for us. All our numbers are different. My goal weight is my shorter friends obese weight, I had to reconcile within myself that I will never be 120lbs (I could be, but I wouldn't look or be healthy, plus it would be a full time job to stay there).
    [/quote]

Quoting above: Yup :-) I realized at 14 years old (I was 5'11" & 150lbs, very healthy! ) that I was never going to weigh 105 like my 5'2" girlfriends. And that's OK!! Tall is beautiful! Be healthy, what the weight actually is doesn't matter! The sooner we all realize that the better we will be!! Besides my girlfriends would kill for my height! :wink: (I'm 6'1" now)
  • neu27
    neu27 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi! This is my first post! I came on here to find tall girl friends who are fighting the good fight (like I still am). My shorty friends don't understand how different it is when you're tall, much like I don't understand their "short girl" probs. ;) I started at 295 and I'm currently down to 205. Great job ladies! You're truly inspirational!

wow! you are doing great as well!!
  • SlowRunner87
    Options
    Ya for tall people! 5'11 just started about a month ago, down 5 pounds with 40 to go! Good luck and congrats to everyone :-)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" as well, lost 19 lbs last year (after gaining that in 3 months time first :/ )and now ready to lose the last 10 - 20lbs.

Feel free to add me.
  • liz111006
    liz111006 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, I'm pretty new to this site, and weight loss in general, but feel free to add me and hopefully we can help each other!
    I'm 5'9'' and looking to lose 25-30 lbs.
  • mummyccc
    mummyccc Posts: 5
    Options
    I've just registered with myfitnesspal so once I figure out how to work it i'm sure I will post more. I'm 5ft 11 and all my friends are much shorter than me so its good to see other tall ladies out there, good to see inspiring pictures and hear positive stories
  • kfelux
    kfelux Posts: 34
    Options
    5' 10" and looking to lose about 30 lbs. Everyone feel free to add me if you need support or motivation!
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    5'10 grammy of 5 here with lots of pounds to lose :) I've spent the years since my youngest child (now 21) was born overweight. Here I am at age 46 with at least 100 pounds to shed so I can keep up with all those grandkids!! I've spent a lot of time on and off WeightWatchers which has its good points, but after finding MFP everything suddenly seems much easier to keep track of and understand. Looking forward to the journey and being part of what looks to be an awesome community :)

Congrats to all of you with such inspiring success stories! Its very motivating to read about your journey. I plan to learn a lot from you all!
  • Sobrion1
    Sobrion1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'8" with another 7lbs to my first goal :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'11", with about 50 lbs to lose. Right now I weight 206, but hoping to get down to at least 175 - ultimate goal is 160.