heart rate monitors -

Options
2»

Replies

• marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Polar RS100 with a chest strap and love it, compared to my previous wrist watch version with no strap its accurate and informative.

Money well spent.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sorry if other people have said this, but some cheaper models don't record HR if it goes under certain BPM. i asked a friend recently for advice on HRM and she said she bought three cheap ones at around £20 each, which were rubbish and didn't do the job, then bought polar FT4 for £55 which she loves.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Timex Ironman HRM two weeks ago which the clerk had advised me they have had absolutely no returns on that product. Chest strap, lots of settings to play with but easy enough for me to use. Just make sure you input the correct settings!

ETA: $110 Cdn
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I will chime in with my love for my Polar . Yes, a chest strap, but love that it even separates my work out to indicate fat burn and fit
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I've had my Polar FT7 since July 2012 and it's been the #1 most helpful tool for my weight loss. Maybe #2 if MFP is #1 haha :bigsmile:

it has a chest strap, which for me is unnoticeable once I start working out, and the numbers are better with one than just the wrist watch. If you search online, you can find better deals than in the store, but I love mine so much, I gave two more as gifts. They really are so great!

I agree with ^^^. I use digifit, which now syncs with Myfitnesspal. It syncs the calories I've burned. I do wear a chest strap, but I really don't notice it -- especially under a sports bra.

I forgot to add that I got mine for $65 on Amazon.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 with chest trap- Sears $44 on sale