5 weeks using MFP, hardly losing weight or inches...

Options
2»

Replies

• fausonk
    fausonk Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't think I have any words of wisdom for you, just empathy. I'm in the same boat you are. Feel like I'm doing everything right and have been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds for the past month. I'm not sure what the answers are, but feel free to friend me and maybe we can figure it out together :)
  • christyh79
    christyh79 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Read this and see if you're eating enough: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

If you're netting as low as 1200, you need to eat more food.

Thanks for this info! I'm going to read it more in depth once I get my kids in bed!
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing I found cutting more arbs out a replacing bad with good and ok foods with better one and ate abit more the weight started coming off but I am almost 60 days and 10 lost
  • christyh79
    Options
    Thank everyone for all of the info you've given me, hope I get this figured out soon! And I've noticed my sodium is outrageous too. I know the Mexican chips and salsa aren't helping that, but the days I haven't had Mexican I don't know what's causing my sodium to be so high... I'm going to see if I can figure it out and cut that down quick.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you probably aren't eating enough calories, I would consider upping them and you may see better results. your body won't let go of weight if it feels like it is being deprived of calories. :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thank everyone for all of the info you've given me, hope I get this figured out soon! And I've noticed my sodium is outrageous too. I know the Mexican chips and salsa aren't helping that, but the days I haven't had Mexican I don't know what's causing my sodium to be so high... I'm going to see if I can figure it out and cut that down quick.

Don't fret the sodium too much.

You don't have to eliminate anything unless you're allergic/sensitive/intolerant of it. Find food that you enjoy, make sure you're hitting macros that are set up appropriately for your personal goals, and stay at a moderate deficit for calories (10-20% less than TDEE). Restriction can lead to unhappiness, bingeing, etc. Dieting doesn't have to be miserable. :smile:
  • mita5
    mita5 Posts: 5
    Options
    OK HELLO ALL YES IT IS CONFUSING TO COUNT THE CALORIES EITHER I GO UNDER OR OVER I DON'T KNOW IF TO ADD THE EXERCISE CALORIES BURNED OR NOT. I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED TRYING TO FIND A SIMPLE SITE BEEN HERE BEFORE BUT THEN I WENT TO OTHER SITES ONE IS THAT IF I EAT 1200 CALORIES AND WORKOUT 5 DAYS A WEEK BURNING AT LEAST 300 TO 400 DO I ADD THAT TO MY FOOD OR DO I CONTINUE EATING 1200 CALORIES DAILY PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME IN SIMPLE TERMS I AM SO CONFUSED :::smile:
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Make very sure you are tracking accurately. Weigh or measure everything. Do that before you decide to eat more food, you might be taking in more calories than you think.

That said, you are losing weight, so you are doing okay.
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl! I have been trying to drop weight for several months and It just doesnt feel like its fast enough. I see others on here losing 3 lbs a week and I wonder why my body doesnt do that too. I am luck to lose 1/2 lb here and there. But i do agree that it will not come off overnight and we must stick to it. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • christyh79
    Options
    OK HELLO ALL YES IT IS CONFUSING TO COUNT THE CALORIES EITHER I GO UNDER OR OVER I DON'T KNOW IF TO ADD THE EXERCISE CALORIES BURNED OR NOT. I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED TRYING TO FIND A SIMPLE SITE BEEN HERE BEFORE BUT THEN I WENT TO OTHER SITES ONE IS THAT IF I EAT 1200 CALORIES AND WORKOUT 5 DAYS A WEEK BURNING AT LEAST 300 TO 400 DO I ADD THAT TO MY FOOD OR DO I CONTINUE EATING 1200 CALORIES DAILY PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME IN SIMPLE TERMS I AM SO CONFUSED :::smile:

From what I understand, most people do eat 20-50% of the exercise calories they've earned back. I tend to eat some of mine back on the days I work out really hard. And I have also been pretty diligent about weighing and measuring all of my food, it's time consuming but in order to track everything, I realize that has to be done!! I'm so excited that I've gotten this much help and encouragement!
  • chatondoux
    Options
    I'm not expert but it looks okay to me. The only advice I would give is I agree with the person who said to watch the sodium. Tho I do have some friends who eat a lot of foods with high sodium, they don't even track their sodium and they still lose weight really well. Me on the other hand if I don't watch mine I don't lose lol :\ I at least try to be low/under the few days prior to the day that I weigh in sometimes I find that helps. But the rate you are loosing at seems to be static and you ARE losing so :) That in itself is good!
  • thaolc
    thaolc Posts: 1
    Options
    i have 2 tofu for breakfast and before it i drink water, i eat 500gr green bean for lunch and 500gr green bean for dinner, my snack is yogurt twice a days. and i do exercise about 90 minute a day by aerobic in the park and walk on foot around lake . when i feel hungry i drink water and use slimming tea. and 1 thing make ur trainning better is drink hot black coffee before u do exercise
    i'm 20 and my weight is 49 and im 1m 60 andi want my weight lose 4 kg
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You're getting some good advice on here regarding your food intake. One thing I noticed is that you're not logging your water intake? Are you drinking enough water throughout the day? Your body needs at least 8 8oz glasses a day. There are many that say you actually get water from anything including food and other drinks ~ which is true. However, unless it's a weekend, I usually drink 10 - 18 8oz actual glasses of water a day. I need to do better on the weekends. I cut out all other drinks - except the social alcohol! :drinker:
  • christyh79
    Options
    You're getting some good advice on here regarding your food intake. One thing I noticed is that you're not logging your water intake? Are you drinking enough water throughout the day? Your body needs at least 8 8oz glasses a day. There are many that say you actually get water from anything including food and other drinks ~ which is true. However, unless it's a weekend, I usually drink 10 - 18 8oz actual glasses of water a day. I need to do better on the weekends. I cut out all other drinks - except the social alcohol! :drinker:

I will start logging my water, I just never fooled with it before! I drink an average of 10 bottles of water a day, sometimes a little more. That is the only thing I drink besides my occasional sweet tea.