Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I eat two breakfasts. :love:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Not only do I not care for breakfast, I also don't really care for breakfast foods, especially in the morning. Waffles, scrambled or fried eggs, sausage, muffins, bacon, etc are all great, but I generally hate eating them during breakfast hours. They just never sound appetizing before 2 pm. If I am going to eat any of those things, I will typically eat them later in the evening. (Waffles for dinner: so amazing.)

I feel over-full and sluggish if I fill up on high calorie and carb-laden foods for breakfast. Usually I will just eat a single piece of fruit or my protein shake for breakfast. The heaviest thing I've eaten recently was peanut butter on a piece of toast. I'm just not a big breakfast person.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I hear people say it all the time!
    I LOVE breakfast, I feel empty without it! I used to not eat breakfast, but once I got into a habit of it, I NEED it!

But I never said I didn't like breakfast..just that I didn't eat it.
    So whats up? Are those people just eating really crappy foods?

Do you love your breakfast or "not like it".
    Why?? What do you have?

I never was a big breakfast eater until I was pregnant and had to eat something as soon as I woke up so I would not vomit. Ever since then I have been a breakfast eater. I like the normal breakfast foods. I am usually very hungry in the morning when I am keeping to program so I have to eat.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I wake up and check my animals - then I come in and have breakfast.

I challenge anyone to do a manual job without a good breakfast in em.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I have this "morning sickness" and I have way too much acid in my body when I wake up in the mornings so it makes me sick and I can't eat breakfast , I hate I don't like it and I can't look at food or I gag lol I have days where this won't happen but it's RARE I eat my breakfast around 9:30-etc is when I start to feel betterish but anytime before that its a no go.

^^ this

I've had morning sickness since puberty. I've brought up plain water if I drink it too soon after getting up in the morning. The smell of food makes my stomach heave.

I LOVE breakfast foods but I tend to eat them at lunch or dinner time instead, lol.
  • owlets1401
    owlets1401 Posts: 12
    Options
    I too have trouble with breakfast. Usually I sleep in because I do late shifts at work so I wouldn't be eating breakfast to about 9 to 9:30amish. But when I have it any earlier I just feel ill all day long and can barely eat anything else for that day. However I drink a mix of green tea, lemon, honey, cinnamon and chia seeds in place of my breakfast some days and it makes me feel really good.
  • Project_Jodie
    Project_Jodie Posts: 171
    Options
    My work day starts at 4.30am when I get up- that is still night time for me and I def don't feel like eating - I find 6-7am a more pallatable time to eat breaky!
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have breakfast. If I do, it's either a regular meal or spread out over several hours. I don't care one way or the other.

I may or may not have lunch. If I do, it's either a regular meal or spread out over several hours. I don't care one way or the other.

But if one is spread out, there's usually none of the other. Occasionally even when one is a regular meal.

Dinner is always a regular meal at, well, dinner time. My stomach doesn't enjoy being stuffed at bedtime.

Goodies in the morning
    Goodies in the evening
    Be my little goodie
    And love my tummy every time
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I've found, for me, that if I eat before 830 (wake-up is 530), then I'm famished all day. Which is a very good thing on heavy exercise days, when I'm looking at getting in 2500-3000+ calories. On a rest day, other than coffee, I won't eat until 830, and can then easily stay within my 2000 base calories.
  • _itsnoworever_
    Options
    I can't stomach it in the morning, i've been like this for so many years. I just can't eat it. some days I can but not all.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast food. I just like it sometime after ten am, and perferably after noon.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person. It's not that I don't like breakfast foods; I eat oatmeal and/or yogurt, toast, and fruit in the morning, and it's delicious. The problem is that when I get up in the morning, one of the last things I want to do is eat. The very idea of a heavy breakfast in the morning makes me slightly queasy. I've always been that way.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting crew checking in.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i'm not hungry first thing in the morning. i'm hungry at night. therefore i leave my calories for later

^^This^^
    But I will have bacon, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, etc for lunch or dinner.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I like it so much I have two breakfasts every morning. just like a hobbit.
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    I dont like almost all breakfast food and I just never get hungry in the morning so I dont bother cause why eat if you arent hungry and on top of that why eat foods I dislike if im not hungry. *shrugs*
  • Zerie
    Zerie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't like what is normally considered "breakfast food".
    Eggs hurt my stomach, I don't like milk, so that cuts out cereals, and bacon is basically strips of fat. I drink water, not orange juice, so we can cut that...
    I don't want to just have fruit for breakfast, since it makes my stomach feel more empty than when I started...
    The only "breakfasty" food I enjoy would be pancakes... but it's so fattening... I shouldn't eat them.

So I just eat healthy food that I may have at lunchtime for breakfast.
  • Piriteze
    Piriteze Posts: 4
    Options
    I normally say it to justify me not eating as its a common excuse.
    I'm only doing it to keep my calorie intake low since I normally eat so much less if I skip morning meals.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm not hungry when I get up. If I've been up all night or got up seriously early, like 5 AM, then I might eat breakfast, but typically my first meal is after noon.

A lot of breakfast food is so heavy, too. It might invigorate some people, but fried dough and greasy pork first thing in the morning makes me want to go back to sleep!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I went through a stage where I only had coffee for breakfast but that was years ago. I workout in the mornings and Im starving afterwards so I have to eat. Feel better for the rest of the day after breakkie and I make better food choices throughout the day