1 year progress - 125 lbs lost.

Don't think I've ever posted my progress pictures here. Hopefully I can motivate at least one or two people by posting them here (Plus, getting positive feedback is always good motivation to work harder).

In July of 2011, I was almost 300 pounds (Around 295 pounds, I believe). Decided I was tired of being obese and made a change immediately. Started counting calories and hitting the gym. At first I ate 2,400 calories per day (And made sure to eat at least 150g+ of protein. I tapered down by 200 calories every so often, until I got down to 1,750.

After one year, my ending weight was 169-172 (depending on water weight/fluctuation). I think I added a few pounds of muscle too, so if I hadn't been lifting weights, my ending weight would probably be lower. Ironically, at 5'11 and 172 pounds (What you see in the after pictures), I have a BMI of 24.0, which is 1 point away from being considered overweight. If that doesn't show you how inaccurate BMI is, I don't know what does.

I feel a million times better after losing this weight. Pretty much every single aspect of my life has improved. Even my self esteem (Which has always been low) has gone up. There are some days where I don't feel great about how I look, but it's a massive improvement from before. It's tough to feel better about yourself overnight when you've been overweight your whole life. Sometimes I'll look in the mirror and feel unattractive and/or like I could be skinnier, but that's probably my brain adjusting to not being obese anymore.

Starting Weight:295-300
End Weight:169-172
Height: 5'11

So that's about it. Any questions, feel free to ask.
=================================================================================================
BEFORE
=================================================================================================
Vxbwjh.jpg

h8W08h.jpg

AFTER
9V1yjh.jpg

K6u2Jh.jpg

GXCaeh.jpg

5PWvMh.jpg

hwFU4h.jpg

QDc71h.jpg

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Amazing transformation!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Fantastic job!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    wowsers! good for you :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    you look super hot.. congrats
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Amazing, you look good.
  • hloftin32
    hloftin32 Posts: 86 Member
    Drop the towel! Drop the towel! Uhhhhh....I mean... awesome job! :bigsmile:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Dude...Congrats on the progress. ONe of the more impressive transformations I've seen on the boards. Came out with some great muscle definition. The weights served you well. Congrats again.

ETA: Go Heat!
  • sarahmarc
    sarahmarc Posts: 31 Member
    Wow.... All ya need is a nipple ring and you'd be perfect! Good job
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Wowzers! Fantastic
  • I like to look at the success stories from time to time for motivation however I don't usually comment and keep to myself... but DAYYUM lookin good! Very impressive and you should be very proud of your results!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Awesome accomplishment! You did great!:drinker:
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Man thats awesome. You seriously looked like you were in your mid to late 30s in the first photo. By the time you get to the last one you look like a 20 year old. Talk about rolling back the years!

PS Credit where credit is due - you did have decent chest definition even in your fat days. Impressive.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    :) look at you, job well done:)
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Wow. That's incredible! Your hard work & dedication is fantastic!!!! Go you!!!!
  • What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You look and I am sure feel great.
  • You've obviously worked very hard to get here and you look happy - continue keeping track!
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    HOLY CRAP! you look great!!!
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    I love reading success stories and looking at the pictures. You look awesome and sexy! This is a great motivation.
  • copprman
    copprman Posts: 1
    Do you know what your current body fat percentage is? Just curious since how you look now is the kind of physique I'm looking to get to eventually.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Great job - I just love that big grin on your face - you have so much to be proud of :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!