Anyone starting after Easter?

Options
Hi guys.
It's my birthday at the end of the week so me and OH agreed to start April 1st. Anyone else with that start date?

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Why not just start now? Ok, you might have a big night out planned but you'll already be a few days ahead if you start now rather than in a week's time (plus you'll really feel like you've earned your birthday/Easter treats :) )
  • LauraMcf1994
    Options
    I'd like to start clean and fresh and not have a treat so soon after starting. I've got appointments for this week to join the gym and visit my Gp for some tips so although I'm making careful choices this week everything will be up and running for April1st
  • eats1
    eats1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree with whoever said 'start NOW'. I started 8 March but I spent the previous 4 weeks finding excuses not to! That period was the worst time for me, i.e. thinking about it made me panicky, thinking if I would be able to do it, etc. etc. etc. BUT, it was all in my head! Remember, you can still have your Easter and Birthday treats plus treats EVERY week. Good luck.
  • LauraMcf1994
    Options
    Like I said. I have already started watching what I eat but am unable to join my gym until april1st so although I will be careful and motivated until then April 1st will be when I can combine it all together. This is what works for me and the way I've chosen to do it
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    If that plan works for you, stick to it and good luck come 1st April.
  • LauraMcf1994
    Options
    Thank you! I'm determined to stick to it so hopefully we will see good results
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You really should start tracking now. Don't change any of your eating habits/food, just track what you currently eat. It is very helpful to know your calorie intake prior to beginning the change to a more healthy lifestyle. You will be amazed at the caloric intake. It also provides some great motivation when you actually start making better food choices.
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hate chocolate so Easter is never a problem for me - don't think we have ever celebrated it thou. So no. You shouldn't wait thou and you don't need the gym to start just go for a run, you will feel better for it. Skip the chocolate. ;)