Home-made Protein Bar recipe WANTED

Options
Schnuddelbuddel
Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
Hi guys,

Looking for a good protein bar recipe that you guys have tried, tested and found to be great! Want to try out something different from what I normally do.

Thank you :)

Replies

• xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    ? Nobody making their own?
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Ooh ooh!!! I dooooo!!

I make pumpkin walnut protein bars and eat them every day for breakfast!! They taste like CAKE!!! Here's the link to the recipe on my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/pumpkin-walnut-protein-bars-with-chia-and-flax-seed-484595

I also have recipes for chocolate pecan and Carrot Cake Walnut... I haven't blogged them yet, but if you're interested I could PM you!!! I'll never buy store-bought bars again--homemade are so freaking delicious!!
  • Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Simple but effective.

2 tbsp natural PB
    1 tbsp honey
    1/4 scoop protein powder
    1/4 cup oatmeal

Roll that into a ball and freeze.
  • Liftnlove
    Options
    Here's another link for fun stuff to do with protein powder. The peanut butter balls are so freaking delicious I couldn't keep them in the house. If you have more restraint than me, you'll love them though!! Eat up!! :drinker:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark54.htm
  • jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ooh ooh!!! I dooooo!!

I make pumpkin walnut protein bars and eat them every day for breakfast!! They taste like CAKE!!! Here's the link to the recipe on my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/pumpkin-walnut-protein-bars-with-chia-and-flax-seed-484595

I also have recipes for chocolate pecan and Carrot Cake Walnut... I haven't blogged them yet, but if you're interested I could PM you!!! I'll never buy store-bought bars again--homemade are so freaking delicious!!

The pumpkin walnut sound delicious! They seem like they have a large quantity of egg--is that because the egg is used for protein, or they don't bake properly without that quantity of egg?
  • Liftnlove
    Options
    Otrlynn....Well, idk exactly, but for me it helps bump up the protein. It's only 7 egg whites and 2 yolks for 24 servings, so you don't get much egg per bar really. In fact, sometimes I add a couple more just for grins and giggles... Hehehe

The original Jamie Eason recipe only calls for 5 egg whites, but mine are yummier ;)
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessiwebb
    jessiwebb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Found this one on Pinterest...

Homemade Protein Bars: 7 Scoops Vanilla protein powder, 2 c quick oats, 5 T sliced almonds, 1/4 c mini choc chips, 3 T honey, 3 T natural Peanut Butter, add water to good consistency. Mix & Press into sprayed baking dish. Bake at 350 for approx 15 min. Depending on size of bars cut about 170 cal and 32 g protein per serving!
  • skinnyinmt
    skinnyinmt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought a book called Jenny Grothe 75 ways to love oatmeal. There are so many delicious protein/oat bars, baked oatmeal and crock pot oatmeal/ steel oats. I make the banana bread oatmeal all the time and LOVE it.
    Enjoy
  • ashgav
    ashgav Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    scroll to the bottom but this one is yummy
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Keep them coming!! :bigsmile:

Carrot Cake protein bar sounds DELISH! Recipe please!!!!

ashgav - is there a bit of your post missing? :huh:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Liftnlove
    Options
    Chocolate-Pecan Protein Bars

This is my variation of Jamie Eason’s Chocolate Protein bars. The link to the original recipe is here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm
    Mine have more calories, protein, fiber, and awesomeness that the originals...I added more eggs, more protein powder, plus Chia Seeds, Ground Flax, and Pecans =D After you bake these, store in the fridge and re-heat as needed. You can also eat them cold if you're into that kind of thing >:-(

Dry Ingredients:
    1 cup Oat Flour (you can buy the flour or just blend up Old Fashioned Oats--it takes 60 seconds tops)
    2 1/2 scoops Vanilla Whey protein powder
    1/2 tsp Baking Soda
    1/4 tsp Salt
    3 TBSP Baking Cocoa
    1/4 cup Pecans or Walnuts chopped
    4 TBSP Chia Seeds
    4 TBSP Ground Flax

Wet Ingredients:
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    1/2 cup Splenda, Stevia, or Ideal Sweetener
    8-10 oz Berry flavored baby food (it's a little more moist with 10 oz)
    4 oz water

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Spray 9x 13 glass pyrex dish with Pam (Pam for Baking is best)
    3. Mix Dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
    4. Mix wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl
    5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
    6. Pour batter into dish and bake for 20-22 minutes. The center should NOT be gooey. If it is, you need to bake a few more minutes.
    7. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!!

Each Square has
    98 calories
    6.5 gm protein
    4 gm fat
    9 gm carbs
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Cut beef into bars.. cook.. eat..... also works with chicken, pork, etc
  • Liftnlove
    Options
    Carrot-Cake Walnut Protein Bars....

This is my variation of Jamie Eason’s Carrot Cake Protein Bars. The original recipe is here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-carrot-cake-protein-bars.htm

Mine have more calories, protein, fiber, taste, and mmmmmm….. I added more eggs, protein powder, Chia Seeds, Ground Flax, and Walnuts…you gonna like, trust me. ;p After baking, store in the fridge and re-heat as needed. These also freeze well, or so I’m told. I eat them so fast, they’ve never made it to the freezer =D

DRY Ingredients:
    1 cup oat flour
    2 1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp allspice
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 Cup Walnuts
    4 TBSP chia seeds
    4 TBSP Ground Flax seed

WET ingredients:
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    3/4 cup Spenda, Stevia, OR Ideal sweetener
    8 oz baby food carrots
    4 oz water

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Spray 9x 13 glass pyrex dish with Pam (Pam for Baking is best)
    3. Mix Dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
    4. Mix wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl
    5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
    6. Pour batter into dish and bake for 20-22 minutes. The center should NOT be gooey. If it is, bake a few more minutes….
    7. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!!

Each Square has
    98 calories
    6.5 gm protein
    4 gm fat
    9 gm carbs
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Look into Jamie Eason's protein bars, she has quite a few different ones and all pretty good,
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump