AcaiTrim. How is that working for anybody?

Options
2»

Replies

• kkosobuski
    kkosobuski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I admit to trying several different "magic pills" as well over the years and don't read to much into everyone judging you on here. Of course, we are all on here because we know we need to improve our overall health and/or weight.

Here is what I have found, I measured and counted calories to no avail nothing took the weight off. I always attributed it to I like to have some drinks on the weekend, so that must be my problem.

I started working out and lifting weights (something I avoided for years), I always did cardio... .after 6 weeks I noticed my body changing and the scale slowly coming off.

Recently, I started complaining that for all my work, I expected better results. My cousin informed me she was having the same exact problem.. she had to UP her calories (yes)... and she started consistently dropping 1-2 pounds a week. That is my new approach, since I was often under my calories as well. I never ate my workout calories...
  • Sima_Ulrich
    Options
    I tried it since other methods (eat right and exercise) never made a difference... Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know.
    This may be asking the obvious, but have you tried counting calories? Maintaining a moderate calorie deficit over several weeks at least? That yields results for most people. If it really doesn't work for you (and you're being honest, accurate & consistent with measuring & tracking food) then you may have an underlying medical issue.

Just eating "right" and exercising can work, but if you're not being meticulous about calorie intake, then you could still struggle to lose. You can eat lots of nutritious foods and exercise, but if you are consuming more than you burn off, you won't lose weight.

I am counting my calories with help of MFP. Since I prefer to cook my meals at home so it is quite hard to know how much exactly calories are there. I try to find equivalent in MFP and log it.
    In general I cook lots of things in oven with no fats added (no butter or oil), just it its own juice. I eat steamed food too. And as well lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Salad dressing as well been replaced with olive oil and balsamic vinegar long time ago.
    According to MFP I end up most of the time with 500-1000 calories/day to spare! So even if I underestimate my calorie intake, i still should be on target to loose weight.... Which is not happening.

Looking at your diary - the first thing that caught my notice was HUGE calorie burns from exercise. Are you training for a marathon? Do you wear a HRM? What are you counting as exercise and how are you calculated it? It seems like you could be overestimating.

Execersising: Walking on treadmill with sticks (crosswalk) for anywhere between 60 to 90 min (3-5 miles). Actually my treadmill estimates calorie burn double then MFP gives me. I figured that treadmill readings are too good to be true.
    I include my gardening in exercising since it is not my usual activity. I help set up nursery for upcoming season. Lots ladder up and down, lifting, carrying, kneeling and etc. At this point it is a 5 hours a day. But I log it as 3 hours since it is not digging dirt with shovel kind of gardening.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Stop using foods already entered into MFP and take the time to enter your own recipes, especially since you said you cook your own food most of the time. That is the best way to be accurate. There are some great tools on MFP to add your own food and recipes and you only have to add them once - then they will be there for you the next time you eat that meal.

You CAN buy meat and fruit and veggies and other foods in the US that dose NOT use GMO's and/or growth hormones. Stop blaming where you live.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Were you counting calories before? You've only been logging them on MFP for about a week. That's not enough time for you to make much of a significant impact. It also seems that you are overestimating how much you are burning from exercise.
  • Sima_Ulrich
    Options
    Were you counting calories before? You've only been logging them on MFP for about a week. That's not enough time for you to make much of a significant impact. It also seems that you are overestimating how much you are burning from exercise.

My eating habits haven't changed just because i started it logging to MFP.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well... your first mistake was listening to Dr. Oz.... No offense, but hoping for a magic pill to help you lose weight is NOT going to work. Ever. There is no magic pill. It takes long-term consistency with diet and exercise.

Calculate you BMR and your TDEE.
    Eat above BMR, but 10-20% below TDEE.
    Lift weights. Do cardio if you want (it's arguable beneficial for weight loss).

Track your food. It sound like... you didn't lose anything even when you were working out. That means, you're probably off on your food.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

THIS.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    IMO, making your own food at home is so much easier to log than it is to buy a meal already prepared at a restaurant.

You start by measuring and weighing EVERYTHING!!! Each ingredient, separate out. So....if you make an omelet, you'd add each egg, each veggie, measure the cheese, etc. Instead of looking for a "ham & Cheese omelet" in the database.

Then...you need to figure out your TDEE. Subtract 10-20% off of that and eat that many calories.....don't add exercise cals to that number. Do that for at least a month before you decide to change anything.