Looking for 30 something working mommies!

Options
124»

Replies

• CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im going on 32, married, work 40+hrs a week and have a daughter whose almost 6yrs.
    Been going strong with this lifestyle change since January 7th of this year and so far lost 28lbs.
    Good Luck to you!
  • kaszay
    kaszay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    jtempalski ? do i "hear" polish roots in your loginname?
    Congrats on sticking to TF... i tried it once, got only to 4 weeks, then got sick and couldn't get back on track :( hope this time i can.
    and i'm thinking about trying p90x .... but i don't know if my back lets me do that hard workouts....
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Same here :) proud mama of 2 ladies, work full time, & trying to get sexy full time LOL feel free to add me
  • Tmwhite13
    Tmwhite13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a full-time working mom of two girls (6yr old & a 16 month old). Feel free to add me, I'd love give and receive tips from other moms juggling work, family life, and their health.
  • sroybal84
    Options
    Not quiet 30, I'll be 29 next month, but I am a working mommy and I HATE it!!! My son turned 2 in January, I'm working as a school nurse, I was home with him for 19 months while my husband worked, came back to work, hours are great and summers off, but nothing like being a stay at home mom. Last summer we were jogging/walking 3-4 miles a day (with my son in the jogging stroller). The weight literally melted off, now that I'm working, I don't even have time to clean my house, much less work out!! I have gained about 7ish pounds since I have been working, (about 7 months) and feel disgusted and lethargic, I have more flab than fat and I'm trying my best to eat right and tone up but I am definitely a stress eater and I am stressed out often and chocolate and sweets are my super weakness! I need motivation to get back to my 124 pound weight, I am like 130 now...I really want to look good again in a bikini and get ready for summer.
  • DeevahLee
    DeevahLee Posts: 11
    Options
    I am 30, my daughter is 3 months and I will be returning to work in 2 weeks :sad: . But I am ready to start losing weight. Friend me!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am a 33 year old mom to a beautiful 3 year old daughter; I work a full time job from home, plus a part time job to get out of the house...i am constantly busy! Feel free to add me as a friend. I just joined a gym today and am starting exercise in the morning, I am already watching what I eat but will start paying more attention to that as well.
  • jmoss8310
    jmoss8310 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm a 33 yr old mother of 3 great kids(7, 12, 15)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time single working mom of a three yearold ballerina. I'll be 35 next month. I love to run and have 2 half marathons planned for this year. I have to do a lot of my training on my lunch hour at work to take advantage of the fact that my daughter is in daycare. Always looking for new friends.
  • kaszay
    Options
    RunnerElizabe congrats! half marathon?! wow.... i did 10k in Oct2011 and i think that is my max distance. 5-10k. This Oct i'll try it too, we'll see how much my condition changed over 2 years :)

I'm waiting for spring to come, to start running again. Can't do it now because it's to cold/moisty/windy for my sinusitis and asthma. It's about 32'F here (0'C) and snow so .... you know.... lol.... In a week or two they say it'll be warmer, soooo i'll wait just a little bit more :)
  • T85A07E10
    Options
    Well, I'm ALMOST 30, and the mother of a 6 and 3 year old. I work full time, go to school full time, and be mommy full time. Now, I'm trying to fit "me" time in and get healthy at the same time. Add me to friends, I could use a good support group!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    MommaChocoLat You must be an amazing woman to raise 5 boys ! :flowerforyou: (+husband it makes 6 lol) I'm sometimes fed'up with my 2boys , and 5 ?! and working night ?! where do you get strength for all this woman ! lol

My older son has astma and ADHD , we just got out of hospital after 2 weeks (major asthma attack). And younger (6) is just puuuure silver..... i got him today at 5pm from preschool and he was like on "something" .... where do these kids get power from ?! tell me , because i could use some too :happy:

I was looking today at work at films about p90x effects.... aaaaand i think i'm gonna try it instead of Turbo Fire. If it'll be to hard i can always go back to TF.

Sorry, I just now saw your response! Just got home from work.. half the time I have no clue how I make it through the day lol. I have a lot of help. My older boys and hubs have been helping a lot since I started working. But trust me it's no picnic! My 10 yr old also has ADHD as well. So I know how that goes too.
  • TheButtonPop
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded to this post! I truly appreciate having all my new fitness pals!
  • kaszay
    Options
    MommaChocoLat.... I have ADHD too... and my husband sometimes just can't take the two of us lol.... Even I'm sometimes fed up with myself :laugh:

I just got of my friends house. I was preparing her a fish tank... for 3 hours ! ... now it's 8pm ... I'm after one beer (i don't even know when it landed in my hand) aaand i soooo don't have energy for nothing.... but... workout needs to be done... and some say that beer sometimes helps... we'll see about that. :bigsmile:
  • artsneev2483
    artsneev2483 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl. I just turned 30 and have 3 kids, age 6, 4, and 7 months. I work full-time in healthcare IT. It's a busy life being a working mom, but I couldnt imagine life any other way. I can use all the encouragement I can get, and will share it with you as well!
    Have a great day!
    :bigsmile:
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Working, full time mommy of 2! Feel free to add me, including anyone else who needs supports.
  • VendettaMachine84
    Options
    I'm a 32 yr old, new mama to a 7 month old and trying to lose 10-15 lbs. Sigh. I work 50+ hours a week and am having the hardest time trying to find not only time, but the energy, to work out and eat right. I just want to nap in all honesty.