My Strange Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to watch that show since the urine episode. She drank some and I about blew chunks in my bed.

My addiction would be that I have to sleep with my teddy bear...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to watch that show since the urine episode. She drank some and I about blew chunks in my bed.

My addiction would be that I have to sleep with my teddy bear...

Don't ever watch Man vs Wild then, Bear Grylls does that in every other episode, I swear. Not to mention all the other disgusing stuff he does in the name of "survival" AKA ratings.

edit for typo
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The chick who ate cat hair....

MEOW
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've seen this series. At first I was shocked and I then began to feel very sad for many of those folks. Lots of them had sincere trauma's in their past that they never opened up about. (The lady who ate Comet cleanser and the young girl who couldn't leave the house unless she was in her cosplay furry costume.)

It showed just how diverse and bizarre human addiction could be. Very strange to see people with those sorts of issues.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have only ever been addicted to normal stuff, like smoking and cocaine. I feel lucky.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I wondered how long until someone asked.

It's not a daily craving, maybe occurs once every 4 years and I just can't resist taking a taste. Well versed in pica - have a masters in psych and I'm an RN. I appreciate the question, but not a cause for concern.

I just find it fascinating. And when I randomly polled my friends, I was *shocked* at how many had little quirks one would have no idea about unless they said something. O' course, I do hang with a lotta freaks, myself included.
    the one who saved her urine to bathe in it, drink it and use it as lotion kinda worried me....

This is the only one that made me seriously go WTF... she figured it was a cancer fighter.. yeah no thanks.

I do not have a strange addiction that I am aware of, however; OP. Have you looked to see WHY you are compelled to taste the sand at the beach? I am just curious no judgement I find the stuff really interesting.

I have a friend who has PICA she actually eats dirt - not store bought dirt, just dirt from her garden/yard she is working with a therapist and a Dr to get it under control.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have only ever been addicted to normal stuff, like smoking and cocaine. I feel lucky.

Sex and chocolate for me.
  • cseverin22
    cseverin22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I couldnt get over the lady that groomed her cat and at the hair of the cat, ugh........NASTY
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The lady who licks her cat and eats the hair (puke) or drinking animal blood, eating chalk. Every episode gets crazier.