Challenge: Lose 20lbs by 5/29!!

Options
HELLO ALL!! Well, I was sitting here thinking what I really wanted for my birthday! And the best present I could come up w/ is to have another 20lbs lost by 5/29/2013. I announced it on my personal feed, and found that, "hey, there may be some people who'd like to join me!" I'd LOVE to be a size 18 by my birthday, for some this may be where you started, but for me its somewhere I need to get to. So, if you'd like to do so, please feel free to leave a comment below, and I'll add you to the challenge. Please make sure that you put your first post w/ your SW, and give a brief introduction so that I don't have to remove you for inactivity.

With that said, the challenge is simple: Do your best, work hard, be conscientious of your workouts and what you eat, and see how close to 20lbs you can get. Post daily, advising if you worked out & what you did. At the end of each week you'll simply take a pic of your scale showing your loss,and post how much you lost that week, or feel free to advise if there was no loss that week, and at the end, whomever lost the most, wins, but hey, we're all winners if we lose even just ONE POUND! The only requirement is that you post to the group daily, even if it is your rest day, just pop your head in and say hey, I'm on a rest day today. If nothing else, you may make some new friends, and enjoy the success of whatever you lose during that time. Anyone want to take this challenge with me?

Replies

• shoniabrown
    Options
    I want to join your challenge. I think it's a great idea. My SW = 227.4lbs and I'd like to be down to 207lbs.
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I'll add you to the list here shortly & you'll receive an invite!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am in - My SW is 258!

This is great because when I started MFP in January I wanted to lose 40lbs by my 40th birthday at the end of May and I actually reached that goal last week! Now I need a new goal and this one is perfect. I can't wait to get started!
  • glennia
    glennia Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in SW 163... Currently at 147. need 22 more to be at my goal. having issues with motiviation though. been eating right and working out, but i think i need to be held a little more accountable. so i would love to join
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    me too !!! and you know what mt birthday is on the same day too :love: since i only need to lose 20lbs..it will be a tough challenge but i will do my best...
    SW 169lbs
    CW 164lbs
  • alexsao
    alexsao Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! My birthday is in May as well and I would love to be close to a size 8 by then! :)

HW 220
    CW 167
    GW 140
  • SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW 219
    GW199
    My profile pic is me now, need to work on my mid section the most....the hardest part for me :-/
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! SW is last wednesday at 195.7

I will be going abroad for part of the challenge so I won't be able to check in then (not wanting to pay the fees for Internet access). I'll let everyone know when that's going to happen though :)
  • huclkengirl
    huclkengirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I need all the help I can get:) SW 262.4
  • MandiJayKay
    MandiJayKay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well! It can be the kick start I need to end my final stretch.

SW 175
    CW 152
    GW 130

:)
  • melmi20
    melmi20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get in on this challenge!

HW: 345
    CW: 317
    GW: 180
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello I would love to join your challenge. I think that it is an awesome idea!!! My SW as of this morning was 229.8 and my GW is 155.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!!:smile:
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in!!!

SW: 179 lbs, getting down 20 pounds would be awesome! I have wedding dresses to try on!

Im home sick from work today but I'll try and get something in, even if its just a short walk. :) I'm a 29 year old civil servant and am getting married Oct 4/14. If anyone wants to add me, feel free!
  • jkazadi
    jkazadi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me to the challenge please :)

SW:194
    CW:189
    GW:145
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in! That's actually my mini goal! My birthday is the 23rd of May!

HW: 207
    CW: 179.8
    GW by end of May: 160
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! I need a goal to keep me on track :) my start weight is 234lb as of yesterday, goal weight is 145lb so long way to go! X
  • Dide215
    Dide215 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im in!! SW- 186
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some friends up for a challenge, I'm in.
  • BluLotus2
    BluLotus2 Posts: 87
    Options
    I would love to join the group!!! SW 186
  • moorejoni
    moorejoni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in. sw: 225 cw: 218 gw: 150