Any coffee Addicts?

Options

Replies

• nutmeg62
    nutmeg62 Posts: 4
    Options
    oh yes. Black coffee at least every 2 hours and preferably into a vein! Doesn't affect my sleep patterns.
    Every now and then I get concerned about something I read once (don't know where) about coffee and belly fat. might have been about cortisol...who knows. I just decided that coffee stops me killing people so I drink it as a service to humanity:wink:
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Maybe try switching to tea for a few cups during the day? I love Green Tea, and I recently discovered Earl Grey and love it.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't quit...I used to drink 6-8 cups with full fat creamer per day on average. The I switched to lattes....usually mocha or pumpkin with whipped cream. I have done the skinny latte or sugar free vanilla iced coffees plenty as well. Now, I managed to cut myself down to 8 ounces with max 4 tbs full fat creamer. Or I have max of 2 canned coffee drinks...they're popular here in Japan and only 45 calories which is less than my one cup. I can easily drink more....I just don't let myself.
  • esseymac
    esseymac Posts: 1
    Options
    I know where you are coming from....just compensate with water - and lots of it....Good luck !
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    One 16 oz Starbucks with 2 shots skinny cinnamon dolce syrup and just the teensiest splash of skim per day. mmmmmmmm. . . ... .
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    wellimeaniwouldn'tsayi'maddictedijusthaveafewcupseverynowandtheneverycouplehoursand --takes a breath-- overcaffienationhasn'tbeenaproblemsofarrr ...

-- heart explodes --
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig and I LOVE IT. Currently, my favorite K-Cup is Green Mountain's Dark Magic.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Big time addict here. I drink it all day long!!!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, and have no desire to quit, lol. I typically make it at home and add half/half, no sugar.
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 to 3 cups i love the liquid creamer the pepper mint is one of my favorites :bigsmile:
    :drinker:
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't remember never being not addicted to coffee, I drink it since a kid, always no sugar and no milk.
    Recently I started to put a little bit of organic coconut oil in it, since they say it's good for health and I actually like it.
    Never had any regrets on drinking coffee
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi i love coffee:love: , black made at home. No flavors yuck. But I am pregnant and i had to cut back to 2 cups a day. Have to have my morning cup, or i am really crabby.
  • Jackie_Nickle
    Jackie_Nickle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Agreed hate that chemical aftertaste! I've detoxed a couple of times and the first day without coffee is the worst, I get terrible headaches and am so grumpy. But even ater going through it I come back to coffee becuase I LOVE IT!
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    add me guys coffee and choc addict here
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    add me guys coffee and choc addict here

by guys i dont just mean men btw lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    love the flavoured k cups,,, chocolate vanilla mint, and chocolate raspberry, BLISSFUL.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking coffee since I was in college. I did quit it for about 6 months, but doing so didn't help with my weight loss at all. I'm working with a nutritionist now and she says coffee is totally fine -- and in fact, there are some studies that think it has some health benefits. As long as you limit it to 1-2 cups in the morning I think it's fine. I have mine with half & half and MCT oil, which is derived from coconut oil.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't think that I'm addicted to coffee although I have had 4 cups of it today (sounds creepy! No more that much coffee ever again!). But I do like coffee - no sugar, with a bit of milk. I mostly prefer instant coffee although ground coffee has been fine as well recently. ^^
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 4-5 cups a day, 1 at home before work, 1 on the way, and 2 or 3 throughout the day. Then when I was pregnant I cut down to 1-2 a day. Now I drink at least 1 but no more than 3 cups a day. No flavor. Fat free half and half, no sugar.

I don't like Starbucks myself. I do enjoy DD.
  • kranzj1
    kranzj1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been pretty addicted to coffee/caffeine ever since I came to college. I went from drinking zero cups a day to averaging 4-5. When I started going to the gym more often, I discovered energy powders and supplements such as Jack3d and NOExplode and liked the results very much! Even drinking a cup of coffee before a run makes the run much more productive.

I bought an energy supplement stack on Amazon for about 30 bucks. It contained various powdered supplements in bulk form, including powdered caffeine. While it's not the most pleasant thing in the world, I actually started putting small amount of powdered caffeine in my water so I could drink more caffeine with smaller amounts of liquid. Powdered caffeine is pretty cheap in bulk and you can even buy empty gelatin capsules to put the powder in.

Too much caffeine causes significant headaches for me, so I've started cutting back on the amount of caffeine I actually consume. On the other hand, when I get really bad migraines a little caffeine can actually help blast it away! Everyone is different, just make sure you aren't over doing it.