Hatred of Sounds

Options
124»

Replies

• proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I feel nauseous when someone uses a pencil with an eraser on the end on paper, because the sound of the metal casing scraping the paper is even making me shudder now.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Whistling
    Humming
    And the absolute worst....Finger nail clippers. Ack! It kills me especially at work!
    Oh and yes DOG LICKING! Even my two year old yells at my dog now "Odin, no licking!"
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Whistling. I feel like Sheldon Cooper.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ditto here. When we used to go to the movies I would eat popcorn as a defense mechanism...I can't bear to hear someone chewing, I have always been that way. There are times when it doesn't bother me at all, and those times when I just have to leave the room or just get out of ear shot. :)
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I hate mouth sounds, chewing, rattling, smacking, sucking. Eww!
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fingernail clipping!!!! :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: Especially other people clipping in inappropriate places (read: anywhere besides your own bathroom or a nail salon) :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode:
  • MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The sound of lawn equipment, and also the sound of nails being clipped. Especially when I hear that sound in the office. Who clips their nails at work?!?!

Oh.....I have a nail clipper in my office, too, and it makes me CRAZY! Why would someone think this is appropriate???? And he always does it while he's on the phone with a client. If I can hear it, they can hear it. I also have a gum snapper, which is my #1, drive me up a wall, pet peeve. I just put my headphones on and hope the phone doesn't ring.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    most all noises. I hate the music on games, i hate background noise of the tv..
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Teeth scraping on silverware
    Teeth sucking after eating
    Nose whistling while breathing
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Whistling.
    Gum popping.
    Anything rattling in my car when I am in it. I either have to find the rattle - usually sunglasses or something and fix it or turn the radio up.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I can't stand whistling. It makes me think the person is a serial killer.
    Static on the radio sends me over the edge.
    Whining. When my kids whine about anything they are immediately sent to their room until they can talk like a normal person. I don't even have to say it any more. I just point and they go.

There is a man who comes into my office regularly and he chews gum, breathes heavy and somehow snorts all at the same time. It's the worst thing I've ever heard.