Curious about lifting, terrified of the weight room

Options
2»

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    pull up your big girl panties, go the weight room and check it out...ask for help....the guys aren't going to bite, unless you like that sort of thing. when i first started lifting, I didn't care who was watching. soon i made friends with most of the guys in there...they were happy to help.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am to go out on a limb, politically, and say you may indeed find several immature patrons at a university gym. I would check with the staff and find the least busiest time and start going then. You might start with just the treadmill to get a feel for the place but it's your health and you have every right to be there. Don't let fear stop you from doing anything. You pay your dues so yes you do have a right to that gym space. Regret is far worse than fear and lasts much longer. Chances are you will find some of the nicest people in the weightroom. We all started somewhere - come join us!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    We all started somewhere. I started out the opposite of fit. But I am now because I took that first step and I now belong in that weight room. Whenever I see an out of shape person I'm proud of them for taking the initiative and trying. No one started out fit.