Ladies: That time of the month, what do you do different?

Options
So I was wondering, when it is that time of the month what do you all do differently? Do you still weigh yourself, still workout at full speed, still eat the same?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself, but only because I'm a daily weigher, and I don't let the higher numbers bother me. My workouts stay the same - I actually think working out makes me feel better (although I do still pop Advil for cramps/lower back pain). Eating - that depends - I kinda think my cravings have changed since exercising and eating healthier too. I used to go for the salty carbs every month, but don't notice a huge amount of cravings now. If I do, I just fit it into my diary, and I'm a over a tad, it's not a big deal.
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself, but only because I'm a daily weigher, and I don't let the higher numbers bother me. My workouts stay the same - I actually think working out makes me feel better (although I do still pop Advil for cramps/lower back pain). Eating - that depends - I kinda think my cravings have changed since exercising and eating healthier too. I used to go for the salty carbs every month, but don't notice a huge amount of cravings now. If I do, I just fit it into my diary, and I'm a over a tad, it's not a big deal.

Well I've started a new workout and I was really excited to start seeing a little bit of results but the scale didn't move today so I was trying to figure out if it was because of Aunt flow. I know most women retain more water during menstration. Ugh
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself around that time of the month. I do weigh more during that time, so I avoid the scale. Other than that I try to keep exercising and everything else the same.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'll give myself a rest day on day 1 or 2 of shark week. But otherwise I don't do anything differently.
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll give myself a rest day on day 1 or 2 of shark week. But otherwise I don't do anything differently.

I love how you referred to it as shark week!lol I am doing the 30 day shred thing and I just got to push through, I do however want to eat, eat, eat!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yell. A lot.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Honestly I must be super lucky because I never get water retention or cramps and the whole thing is over in 2 or 3 days max. I barely even notice it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't had to change much so far but I had to cut some workouts early because of cramps.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do the same as any other time of the month, although I find myself repeating 'This too shall pass' a lot. I think I tend to cut myself a little slack on junk food too, maybe not exercise quite as much. I tend to be really fatigued.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself. I actually wait until month end and weigh in once a month but always after that time. I eat whatever I want too
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Yell. A lot.

LOLOLOL

I eat chocolate like a pig!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I still weigh, track and workout like normal. I may watch my sodium a few days before and drink more water, but that's only if I think about it.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering, when it is that time of the month what do you all do differently? Do you still weigh yourself, still workout at full speed, still eat the same?

Nothing. Yes! Yes! Yes! And love the scale when it is over. :smile:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yell. A lot.

LOLOLOL

I eat chocolate like a pig!

How YOU doin'???? :)
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I do nothing different. I get carb cravings the day before, but oh well.:wink:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I definately eat more but other than that, it's the same......
  • FitWithTiff
    Options
    I try to refrain from weighing, bc I know the scale will show a larger number. I still stay as active as I typically am, but feel a big difference when I use weights over simple cardio. I drink lots of water and will stay clear of junk. I go to bed early to help me say no. haha :))
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Um, this shark week I still worked out but I ate some mint oreos and Baci dark chocolate w/ hazelnuts...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Use tampons.