Ladies: That time of the month, what do you do different?

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Honestly I must be super lucky because I never get water retention or cramps and the whole thing is over in 2 or 3 days max. I barely even notice it.

Please don't take this personally, but reading this makes me want to punch someone.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    apprently i don't do much differently and forget to grab a pad or tampon on the way to the gym. Then....i complete my run feeling like i've wet my pants. oh...why? because I managed to leak all over myself. God i'm sexy.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I don't bother weighing myself, it will only make me cry. I work out the same amount but def eat a lot worse. My body makes me! Last time I legit took a chocolate bar and dipped it right into the peanut butter jar. What? Don't you judge me... ;-)
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I karate chop b*tches in the throat.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering, when it is that time of the month what do you all do differently? Do you still weigh yourself, still workout at full speed, still eat the same?

Less focus on the swimming leg of my triathlon.

tumblr_mjn0n0CoZA1rmc3goo1_500.gif

I karate chop b*tches in the throat.

I pity the fool

tumblr_mhqfg6y3gS1qhgoafo1_400.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Since this is your first time.
    Have your Dad take you to the store for the girl products.
    Everything will be fine champ.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want for the first day or two. I don't get outrageous with what I eat but I don't deny myself anything. A little salt, a little sugar, a little fat and I am happy. I still lose during that time too.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Its hard for me to know for certain when my time of the month is as I am on Mirena but in the past month I still managed to loss 16 pds so its not effected so far! Still do the same thing everyday!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I make people hate me when I'm on my period. It's quite an accomplishment because I'm adorable.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have read and heard that your liver is the organ that helps metabolize the extra hormones in your body, so if you are eating healthier and being more active, you should notice you have less obnoxious symptoms! I notice that depending on how much I'm drinking and how much crappy food I'm eating. The hard part is your body fights back by making you crave takeout, chocolate and pink wine!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sacrifice a goat.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have read and heard that your liver is the organ that helps metabolize the extra hormones in your body, so if you are eating healthier and being more active, you should notice you have less obnoxious symptoms! I notice that depending on how much I'm drinking and how much crappy food I'm eating. The hard part is your body fights back by making you crave takeout, chocolate and pink wine!

Hmmmm, that's interesting.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Honestly I must be super lucky because I never get water retention or cramps and the whole thing is over in 2 or 3 days max. I barely even notice it.

I am jealous lol

Surely I can't be the ONLY female on MFP who doesn't have PMS/Cramps/water retention?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

I am jealous lol

Surely I can't be the ONLY female on MFP who doesn't have PMS/Cramps/water retention?

No, you are not.. last month, I didn't gain any weight - I lost.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options

I want to be you.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

I want to be you.

I had a hella bad time of it in my teens and twenties and then as soon as I hit 30 it all stopped and has been a breeze since.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Drink extra water is my number one theme, although I've been trying to do that more throughout the month as well. Otherwise it just depends on how bad my symptoms are. If they're not bothering me, I still exercise as usual. I usually don't weigh myself but if I do I don't let the number bother me, after all it's still lower than the number I started with.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I get migraines and that means I take imitrex which turns me into a zombie sometimes so I get more sleep and take a lot more pills.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I become an emotional wreck, so for the safety of everyone I confine myself to my flat with a hot water bottle and ibuprofen. I do some pilates and on less painful days I do workout dvd's (turbofire/30ds). I try and eat my best... sometimes it works... sometimes not...
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and still do during that time. I don't let the higher numbers bother me. I still eat within my calorie goal and exercise the same. TMI, but mine's been 2 weeks long since stopping HBC so I'd lose half the month if I didn't do the same thing.