Beautiful Blues 4/27/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge24.JPG

Here is our new board-- Lets step it up a notch this week.

How about we each make a goal for this week and lets report on the board at least once a day what has gone well for us and something that we could have done better. Lets be interactive!

Replies

• debnu1
    Options
    BTW New members are always welcome! We weigh in on Monday...send me your weight and I will get you on the board! We have lots of fun!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Great job everybody on the weight loss and just pushing on with your weight loss journey. I have YogaX planned for today and am glad because I did a lot of cardio yesterday and need the relaxation. I'll post later after I'm done with it- I'm waiting to put my 21 month old girl to nap while I do it. Last time she was awake while I did it and she pulled my head in all directions. It is a very long workout!

Do your best everybody, and forget the rest like Tony Horton says!!!

I wanted to add on my goals for this week:
    -Drink at least 13 oz of water
    -Just finish my last week of this semester and do the best I can with my schedule
    -Once school is done, I want to be a morning riser and workout in the morning. especially on those 3x a week where I jog before hubby goes to work
    -Also relax a little and maybe not pay so much attention to the scale- it's driving me nuts not seeing it change!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody,
    well I finished Shoulders and arms today.
    I'm so glad I've kept the chart that P90x has. The improvement in my weights and reps as I look back is awesome.

Just over 1 more week of P90x. I'm going to do my recovery week next week and that would be me finished. I basically did 2 months plus (8-10 weeks) instead of the full 90 days straight, but each of the 8-10 weeks, I noticed something every week. What an awesome feeling.

My Belt!!!! :laugh: i've kept two belts since last year when I started this journey. I was one notch from the end, and I've gone down about 4 notches and I had to create another 4-5 holes. I finally got to the last notch, and recently I've noticed that I could actually create one more notch.
    :laugh: Yes it's time for a new belt.

Don't worry about the weight so much. I've gone up and down like a yo-yo sometimes increase of 3-5 lbs in matter of a week, but it is working. patience.

Goals this week.
    To eat as clean as possible
    Get an extra cardio workout in when time's available.
    I want to see 40lbs down by next Friday.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Peter you can do it! Keep it up!

Mayra--be glad the scale isn't going up! I have been really having a hard time because the scale just does not want to go down. I know it is because I am not eating like I should...I am working on it.

My goal this week is to make myself sit down and eat at least one official meal everyday. I have gone back to my grazing habit and I don't eat healthy that way. Of course I am going to continue p90x, and I am going to add in a treadmill warmup for x stretch tomorrow.

It is amazing to see the progress you guys have made, before you know it I will get over these bad habits and be right there too!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Debnu1 you and I have the same problem I also need to work on what I eat. I am a snacker and want to nibble all day and not eat real meals just little bits here and there

Peter great job on the weight loss I can't wait to see the same results. Go reward yourself and get a new belt and maybe some new cloths

Mayra I know the feeling everytime I try to do anythign on the floor with my workouts my dog wants to play with me yesterday I way doing pushups with her under me

My goals for this week is to workout everyday, try to clean up my eating ( not easy to do on a tight budget)and increase my water
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I've been so busy with life! But, I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Peter - I still haven't e-mailed you back! Gah! Sorry! :flowerforyou:

219 is the lowest I've been since I was a sophomore in high school and it's awesome! I can't wait to get under 200 pounds. :bigsmile:

Hope you guys are all doing well.

My goal for this week is to track everything ... every single thing I eat. Sometimes I'll eat something and think, eh, it's so small it doesn't matter! But, it all does.

Edit: Shameless plug - would you guys visit my blog? The address is below my ticker on here. I have no followers! lol, so if you have a blog, feel free to!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Life is good! Did Legs & Back last night and my booty is sore!!! Haha
  • smadag1
    Options
    just finished Kenpo and it kicks my butt, I am still very unstable doing it and feel very uncordinated. I need to work on it more and focus on my moves. I can definatly feel it in my body right now. Tomorrow is suppose to be X stretch has anyone done it before, what is it like is it anything like yoga?
  • debnu1
    Options
    I did x stretch instead of yoga on Monday. I really liked it. I walk/ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes before to warm up and I am glad I did. All it is is stretches not very complicated, feels very good! Only an hour too, I prefer that:bigsmile: I think you will like it. I sure love kenpo, I think it is fun and it seems to go faster for me than most of the workouts.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hey all,

Debnu- Way to push it through. Yeah, I like Stretch X, but YogaX is so long. I still do it, but I know people replace it with another yoga dvd,I think one is from Rodney Yee. I think Tony is great, but the Yoga is not his strength- he even says so on the dvd. On another note, darn I missed biggest loser last night because I had to go to a dermatologist clinic last night. But...I will check out the tv station website and just wait for the current show.

Rach- Way to bring it!! If your body hurts, you know you're working it!!!

Leigh- Congrats to you! You are half way on your mark and you have already beat me on the weight loss according to the chart. I'm going to have to try to catch up to you!!!!! You are doing an awesome job and I know I'll be seeing great things from you.

smadag- Yeah, stretch x is 60 minutes, so it's more bearable than yogax. Stretching is really important as you may already know, as part of an exercise routine. It prevents injury, gives you flexibility, and more... Tony says he looks the way he does at 50 because he does Yoga.

Peter- Awesome on the inches lost. Go have fun and get some new clothes and I'm sure your wedding is soon and so is your honeymoon. You are going to look great for your big day!!!!

I'm just done with my Yogax and I believe what people say that when you do yoga during the week, you feel the benefits the rest of the week. Plus tomorrow is one of my doubles routine so it's just perfect how P90X lays out the week so that today I can kinda catch my breath. It's been freezing here in NYC, especially last night. Whew, for those of us that are on school, I have 1.5 weeks to go and I'm just pushing through the final stretch. I'll probably pull a late night on Saturday.

I'm so excited also because now that I can actually run outside, I'm going to be looking into signing up for races this summer.

Anyhow, you are all doing awesome, Keep up the great work. Remember we are in this together, and we can do this!!!!

Take Care!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra you are awesome!

I got Jillian's book Master your metabolism from the library after reading parts of it and watching parts of food,inc. I think I may have to go to organic food! Food is definitely the most powerful drug in existence. I am trying to learn how to use it better! (It may be the most addictive drug too:laugh: )
  • smadag1
    Options
    I will do stretch X tomorrow and maybe go running after to get some cardio in

I am really feeling the affects of kenpo, now I just need to get better at it
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Kenpo the most.

Out of all the exercises, Kenpo is NOT one of the ones that I have missed over the weeks.
    Missed Yoga, Ab-Ripper, etc. :laugh:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    A person should not be as busy as I am this week! Still no time to chat, and it's getting annoying! Anyway, I really will be back someday . . .
    Leigh - I did visit your blog a couple of days ago.
    Later - really - I mean it -
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mary good luck with everything, you will survive!

I just walk/ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes (boy it felt good) as I slept in a bit and ran out of time to do x stretch. For some reason it is getting harder to get up in the morning. I can do it though...just push through. I will do x stretch after taking the kiddo to school.

I actually made a real dinner last night, nothing out of a box and microwaved! Hooray! I just need to keep it up now.

Have a great day everyone. I am going to turn off the computer and see if I can actually accomplish something today--instead of being drawn to it. :bigsmile:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Quick check-in - no timeeee ahhh!!

I tracked the six Cheetos cheese puffs I ate this morning. SOOOOO not worth the 80 calories!! :laugh:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Gee, you were able to limit yourself to six?? I don't know that I could have done that! So the only time my husband has me look stuff up is when I turn the computer off. So much for not being on it all day! Go figure. Hope your days are going well. I still have to do xstretch. I am procrastinating...but then I did get my haircut this morning so I have not been without excuses...
  • smadag1
    Options
    Just finished stretch X and I realy enjoyed it. I think I will do it on the days that I am suppose to do yoga. All I have left to do today is my ab circle pro but I will do that later because my body is still feeling the workouts from the last couple day. Going to donateplatlets tomorrow so not sure if I what I wll be able to do maybe a walk
  • smadag1
    Options
    Got this from Chrissy so I thought I would share

I am so sorry I've been MIA. I have been EXTREMELY busy at work, both kids are in school sports right now, Mom's alzheimer stuff-I've had no me time at all. Struggling to even get any workouts in. I had been running two days a week during my lunch hour--which was the only two days I took lunch and now I have to pick my mom up twice a week so that's gone....I just don't have time....it'll all workout! I hope you're doing great - send my love to the Blues! I'll try to check in soon!

Chrissy
  • MayLan
    Options
    Mary- Glad to hear your'e doing great.

Smadag- Yeah, alot of people complain about Yoga X....It's really long. I'm going to stick with it, but on my next round of P90X ( I do plan on doing more rounds of this craziness), I'm going to look at other yoga replacements.

debnu- The new biggest loser is still not up, but I'll wait for it. I just googled biggest loser and I had no idea that Sam and Stephanie are a couple. The show did not want to focus on their relationship during the show because they want the focus of the show to be about weight loss. This is my first season watching the entire thing, so I feel like I know these people.. :)

Leigh-- I love cheetos, any chips with cheese. Sometimes you gotta have it, or else you think about it the whole day.

So this morning I did my morning jog, but I totally bonked and only did 21 minutes. I didn't eat enough the day before, and my dinner was like at 5:00pm. So on the days before my jogs I'm going to have some carbs and make sure I eat well. I also did ARX, Legs and back and I really like Legs and Back because I look for exercises that tone my legs. I have two more projects left for school, then it's break time for me for a couple of weeks- I'm also signed up for summer classes. I'm looking for work now, but I the classes help keep my mind busy while I wait.