Chocolate cravings!!!!

Options

Replies

• stargazer008
    Options
    I find that dark chocolate is more satisfying than milk chocolate, so try to pick dark chocolate more often. Whenever I am tempted at the grocery to buy chocolate/candy bars that is on sale, I tell myself "My body deserves better than this" and I walk away.
  • LisforLee
    LisforLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon or two of dark cocoa powder in my protein shakes - curbs the craving and I still can hit my macros.

You can also try making your own chocolate flavored greek yogurt as well - tbs of cocoa powder + yogurt and maybe some stevia to taste, throw it in the freezer and bam! Froyo - protein version.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    did not read the other posts so sorry if this is repeat. Special K pastry crisps - chocolate. Strawberry is good too, but doesn't help with the chocolate graving :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I totally gave up chocolate for the first 3 months on MFP. Last June I read a posting, like this one, in which advice was given for this issue both pro and con. Many were saying don't go near the stuff, but just as many said no need to deny yourself, all things (including chocolate) in moderation. I love Dove chocolate so I opted for the dark which is healthier for you, plus lower in calories, bought a bag of the Dove dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt Promises. Ever since then the last thing I eat every day is my Dove Promise, a reward for staying within my daily calorie limit.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Melt a few chocolate chips and spread them on a banana. I did this today and it was NOM. It doesn't have to be a lot of chocolate, just enough to satisfy the craving.
  • Begbiej1
    Begbiej1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am an all or nothing kind of chocolate person. Once I get the first bite its not easy for me to stop and moderate myself. Sometimes I find it easiest to cut it out for a few weeks and then i am not looking for chocolate or sweets after that.
  • fit_zoe
    fit_zoe Posts: 4
    Options
    I know it differs for different people, but I suggest u stop chocolate completely for at least the first 3 weeks of your diet. Eat carbs and fruit as your diet allows you to but stop the chocolate. After around one month, you'll totally stop craving it and you wouldn't feel sad or frustrated when you see your friends eating it. The craving will go away completely, and you'll be very happy that u were able to stick with it. thats what happened with me. Just go for it! you'll be ecstatic in the end when you reach your goal
  • 22cluster
    22cluster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do Greek plain yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder. You can also add pb2 for a little peanut butter flavor. Its amazing!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Have a little chocolate! I buy dark-chocolate-covered cranberries and other dark chocolate things that can be measured out and weighed. Then I can choose to enjoy whatever amount I feel like spending the calories on.

Chocolate is not the devil. Enjoy it!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    To help my craving I go for Dark chocolate....Valor and Flagrand Desires makes very good one.

Jello chocolate pudding no sugar added are amazing too....Taste like real ones. With only 60 cal, 13g carbs,2g fat and 0g sugar.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is a bit weird but I have a chocolate flavour lip balm that smells really, really nice. It kind of satisfies my cravings for chocolate sometimes!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cocoa almonds or those Quaker Quakes or Popped snacks or whatever they call them now in chocolate flavor.

I also have ice cream party cups in the house for my son - one of those hits the spot too - for only 100 calories. (If you can resist them at other times.)
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If I feel like having chocolate, I do. Then I just add it to my calorie count. Easy.:smile:

This.
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Would a sugar free chocolate hard candy work? I bought a bag of Jolly Ranchers a couple weeks ago and have hit it a couple times for a "sugar" fix. The best part is it sits in your mouth and you savor it for a few minutes til its all gone making the fix last a bit longer.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat a Vitatop deep chocolate muffin. They are healthy and delicious. Only 100 calories too!

Same here! Super yummy and "good for you"
    The also have a fudgy chocolate "cake" with is a good sized little cake for ONLY 50 cals!!!!
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    Hi,

Avocados are know for balancing your body's insulin. However you have to calculate the fats involved for your daily calorie intake. Whole grains also balance out sugars and help with feeling full. Then there is dark chocolate if you want actual candy.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just was messing around and then I came up with this chocolate milk recipe that I just adored!

2 tsp unsweetened coccoa powder
    2 tsp of sweetener of choice
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon
    150ml of low fat milk
    1 desert spoon of honey
    1 tsp of vanilla extract

Then drink it hot or cold. UGH, so good and low in calories!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Also, I will have one cup (maybe two!) of unsweeten silk milk, I prefer Blue Diamond with a squirt of sugar-free chocolate syrup.
    One cup is 45 cals!
    Two cups is 75 cals!

Lowest cal. Chocolate Milk I have ever had! :)
  • tarnyacarrier
    tarnyacarrier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate shakeology daily! It not only helps me get my chocolate fix but also helps reduce cravings! I have Luna bars and Larabars in my cabinet in case I want some chocolate. BCAAs are great at controlling cravings. Remember that depriving yourself isn't good because it tends to lead to binging. Everything in moderation :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is one craving that seems to persevere. I suggest getting a bag of dove promises and just limit yourself to a serving each day that you are craving. I like to just let one melt slowly in my mouth. I tend to eat very little junk food, but chocolate is one thing that I will give in to mostly because I do crave it. I love dark chocolate the most. 90% of course. I find that any other food I will be prone to binge on, but chocolate somehow I can stop at just a bite.