greek yogurt anyone?

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Greek gods plain full fat , a little brown sugar and some strawberries = perfection¡
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If you don't like sweet yogurt it makes GREAT ranch dip for veggies. Seriously.
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get skotidakis Greek yogurt 150 grams and it's got fruit or honey on the side in a little cup of its own attached so it's nice
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt non-fat plain 1 cup
    1 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1 cup frozen berries + blender= win plus about 25 grams of protein for about 250 cals :)

mhmmm, I think I have found tomorrow morning's breakfast smoothie recipe :)
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    Options
    in order of best greek yogurts are these 4.. voskos organic then fage is everywhere at least n oikos organic not nonorganic fruit type it has the crushed beetles carmine as like red coloring n chobani.. brown cow yogurt is also good n i think weightwatchers has some new greek yogurts 2.. just watch out 4 the yoplait greek yogurt its a lie the main ingredient is milk protein concentrate mpc n they add cornstarch.. greek yogurt should be high in protein because its strained not because of added mpc wth haha.. also greek gods brand is way 2 fatty especially the honey n other of their flavors are watery n like same thing about liberte brand greek yogurt!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Oikos over Chobani. I eat it every day, and trust me I've tried all kinds. Oikos is my fave.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    1 cup Fage with 1 tbs almond butter and drizzle with honey. Yum! <--- also makes a great dip! )
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    oikos all flavors are rockstar! Toasted Coconut Vanilla is dessert! I had cherry today so yummy!!! It is my new favorite dessert treat! You might like it, thick creamy and oh so tasty!!!~Corina
  • chrystalah
    chrystalah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of mayo in chicken salad! You can also use it in protein shakes, check out www.dashingdish.com for super delicious protein shake & other recipes I make homemade Greek yogurt, super easy & cheaper!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Fav add-ins:

Grated cucumber + lemon + dill + salt and pepper = tzatziki (eat with carrots or pita)
    Muesli + honey
    Fruit preserves or fresh fruit
    Hot sauce = topping for tacos
    Use instead of mayo in chicken or egg salad

I even use it to bake. Pioneer woman has a great blue berry muffin recipe that has greek yogurt as a base
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I get the Trader Joes non-fat plain, then mix it with Splenda and a couple of teaspoons of Hershey's cocoa powder. Yum, it's like chocolate pudding.

I also use it instead of cream cheese in "Broccomole."
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning. I prefer Fage 0% but also eat Chobani 0%, or other brands if the store is out of Fage. Two heaping spoons (and I mean heaping) of yogurt mixed with fresh fruit (citrus, bananas, berries, pomegranite, cut up melon, etc.), a couple shakes of Tajin, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, and 1/8 cup of granola/raw oatmeal mix. I LOVE it!!! Also use it in place of sour cream in any recipe calling for sour cream. AND, it's my secret ingredient when I make guacamole, I cut up a couple avocadoes, mix about 1/4 cup yogurt with it, as well as Tajin, lime juice, tomatoes, olives, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce, cilantro, etc. Most important when making guacamole, mash it with a fork only!!!! NEVER use a blender!!!!
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Liberté
    Fage
    Oikos

I like to add a few frozen/defrosted berries to it when I can.

The Yoplait Greek is way too sour.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Chobani Champions greek yogurt cups! Very berry is my favorite flavor. Yeah I know, it's marketed to kids, but I enjoy one with my little boys every time. With no artificial colors, flavoring, or preservatives, that yogurt packs a punch with 10 grams of protein in that small little cup! For only 100 calories, you just can't go wrong. :)
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. 80 Calorie goodness <3

I agree!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Total fage 0% or full fat regular, with 100g mixed berries, some flax and a little agave to sweeten. Turns out pretty nice all mixed together.
  • Kierda
    Kierda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with corn starch added to make it thicker totally grosses me out, and a lot of the brands being called "greek" yogurt are just that. Makes them taste pasty. blech. :(

My favorite is Greek Gods Vanilla Honey. I've seen other brands with higher protein per serving, but the taste of the Greek Gods is amazing. IMO. Which is *just* an opinion. ;)
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods, honey, is as creamy and good as icecream, the plain is good too.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I make a dessert out of Fage 0% plain and natures path pumpkin and flax seed granola . Yum!
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chiobani and Trader Joe's brand if u have one near you!! ;)