Is there a "healthier" cheese than the Kraft Singles?

Options
One of my go to meals working at a desk is just a simple deli-turkey sandwich with a slice of cheese, about a teaspoon of olive oil miracle whip and two thin pickle slices(just decided the pickles should probably go since they send my sodium through the roof). Anyway. My question is whether or not there is a more nutritious cheese to use than the Kraft Singles I am using. Any suggestions?

Also I don't want to drop an obscene amount of money on a pack of cheese if I can help it.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    none at all???
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Heavens! Every non-processed cheese is healthier than Kraft Singles.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yes, you could buy something like KerryGold cheese. It's real cheese.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    going with dlg and gryfon on this one. Real cheese.
  • dollada06
    dollada06 Posts: 41
    Options
    Ok. I am very aware that Kraft Singles are the wrong thing to eat. Thus why I created the thread. I am looking for examples/suggestions other than "Real Cheese" I could have gathered that much myself haha.
  • dollada06
    Options

KerryGold? I have never heard of it. I will have to check that out.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Real cheese for sure. Those Kraft Singles taste like plastic to me... yuck.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    Good cheese costs money. I spend $10 for a block of KerryGold but it lasts me like 3 weeks. Worth it. :)
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

It's awesome, it's from Ireland. I think the cows are free-range or something fancy but the cheese is wonderful.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

It's awesome, it's from Ireland. I think the cows are free-range or something fancy but the cheese is wonderful.

I don't know if I've ever tried the cheese, but I could eat Kerrygold butter by the stick.

<
    fatkid.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: the more money you spend on cheese, the less likely you are to eat it quickly. Saving you calories and fat! I love Tillamook sharp cheddar. I live in Oregon though, I don’t know how far away they sell it.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

I don't know if I've ever tried the cheese, but I could eat Kerrygold butter by the stick.

<
    fatkid.

Hahaha. I buy it by the tub. It's soooooo good I don't know how I lived before it.
  • tashalani1
    Options
    I agree that Tillamook Cheddar is a good choice. They sell it sliced at Costco. Costco has a great cheese case with some lowfat cheese options, too.
  • dollada06
    Options

I think I will check that out.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My go-to cheese is TIllamook Swiss.

80 calories a slice.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am very aware that Kraft Singles are the wrong thing to eat. Thus why I created the thread. I am looking for examples/suggestions other than "Real Cheese" I could have gathered that much myself haha.
    swing by the deli in your grocery store and have them slice cheese from one of the cheese blocks. Look in the 'cheese case', read labels.
  • dollada06
    Options
    My go-to cheese is TIllamook Swiss.

80 calories a slice.

I just looked it up. Nutritionally it is much better than what I am eating. Will have to give that a try.
  • dollada06
    Options
    Anything besides American cheese. It's not even cheese

OMG THANK YOU. You've been such a big help!

Sorry to be a jerk, but don't you think I knew that? If I didn't know that I probably wouldn't have created a thread entitled "Is there a "Healthier" cheese than the Kraft Singles?
  • dollada06
    Options
    swing by the deli in your grocery store and have them slice cheese from one of the cheese blocks. Look in the 'cheese case', read labels.

I also do that from time to time as well actually.