I'm not tough - who still sleeps with a teddy bear?

2»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Right after my divorce I got two more stuffed animals - sleeping in an empty bed was so hard to get used to. I so get that! Sometimes when I drag my cats into bed I'll just hold onto their paw. They're like "Human, why do you do this?" but they handle it well! And Cuterbee - puppies and husbands are good to cuddle to when you have them! Absolutely!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Yep, 2 fidgety, smelly, warm, heavy staffies.
    But my room is littered with.teddies that my kids insist i must keep with me to sleep.xx
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    I'm not in a position to adopt a dog right now, and won't be for a while yet

Just a thought -- if you live in a place where you can have a dog visit, the shelters and Humane Society always need fosters to keep dogs socialized, even as short as a weekend. I wasn't aware of the need until I sort of fell into fostering. No commitment, and if you foster for a no-kill shelter, you don't have to worry about the dog at all when it goes back. (and for those of you who like cats...they need fosters for cats as well)
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    I do, I have a sweet, cute little panda that reminds me of someone special, I snuggle him everynight.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    1291476024_cat-hugs-teddy-bear.gif
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    i feel i have a hard heart.. i didnt even sleep with animals or blankets when i was a kid. my cats all sleep on my at night, so thats something. but they sleep at my feet and on my legs, so no cuddling. i cuddle with my husband at night, but never when we're sleeping because its too hot. oh, when i have a headache, one of my cats does come and cuddle with me. ok,so i cuddle with my husband before we go to sleep and when i'm sick my cat cuddles me... thats good huh?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Right after my divorce I got two more stuffed animals - sleeping in an empty bed was so hard to get used to. I so get that! Sometimes when I drag my cats into bed I'll just hold onto their paw. They're like "Human, why do you do this?" but they handle it well! And Cuterbee - puppies and husbands are good to cuddle to when you have them! Absolutely!

:smile: I was single for more than ten years between my marriages. For part of that time, I had a 120-lb ancient German Shepherd/wolf cross who'd sleep by my bed (someone had abandoned him in an apartment complex, so I took him in). It was so nice to reach down and know he was there...he was too old to threaten anyone (plus he was the sweetest dog ever) but just the size was enough to put people right off. I always felt safe when Gigantodog was there.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I sleep with a glock. If my wife is traveling, my cat gets to join me.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I don't sleep with a teddy bear, but I can't sleep without my body pillow. I guess what I've carried with me since childhood is that I have to sleep by the wall, meaning my bed NEEDS to be in a corner. None of that middle of the room crap for me.
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    I am 46, single and still sleep with my battered old Teddy. He has been my companion through thick and thin ... no man has dared to risk his life in suggesting I dispose of Teddy.
  • quirkytizzy
    1291476024_cat-hugs-teddy-bear.gif

:love:
  • quirkytizzy
    i feel i have a hard heart.. i didnt even sleep with animals or blankets when i was a kid. my cats all sleep on my at night, so thats something. but they sleep at my feet and on my legs, so no cuddling. i cuddle with my husband at night, but never when we're sleeping because its too hot. oh, when i have a headache, one of my cats does come and cuddle with me. ok,so i cuddle with my husband before we go to sleep and when i'm sick my cat cuddles me... thats good huh?

I occasionally have trouble being held by my BF. I get all squirmy and inevitably my butt itches and I have to adjust the pillows and so on and so forth. So sometimes I get the whole not cuddling thing.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I slept with a big stuffed chimpanzee through my teens (he could turn into anything I wanted in the dark - haha). I can't even tell you what happened to him!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    sure, i do.

my boobs are named teddy and bear.

(also known as biggie and smalls).
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    I sleep with a pink pig called Miss Piggy and a pink fuzzy blanket.. I love them :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    I have a stuffed panda my sister made me for christmas when I was 4.

I won't fly without her.

After many business trips,her filling is starting to compress
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I spoon my wife. That works wonders for me.
  • quirkytizzy
    sure, i do.

my boobs are named teddy and bear.

(also known as biggie and smalls).

AHAHAHA! That was so awesome! LOL!!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    In case you lost your bear, I'm available for higher as a replacement I normally charge zero dollars for time periods ranging from a nap to a month.