When did you start seeing results?

Options
I just started back and was just wondering when other people started seeing results on the scale and on their bodies

Replies

• red103112
    red103112 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    For me the first 5 pounds came off very quickly. Within 15 days or so I'd say. I began to notice within about 2 weeks. My husband started making comments after I'd lost about 7 or 8 pounds. Now I'm 7 weeks into it and 12 pounds down and others are starting to notice as well. :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose and whether your calorie goal is reasonable given your TDEE.

If you have 50+ lbs to lose? You'll probably see a change immediately on the scale and not so much on your body.

Under 50 lbs? Probably sooner see a change in your body than a change on the scale, but everyone is different.
  • faith__ak
    faith__ak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyone started commenting after I lost around 3 kilos (equivalent to almost 6 pounds) .. I also noticed when my clothes became bigger :)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    12 wks, w/ heavy weight lifting. pants starting fitting better, less giggle giggle
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2 weeks.
  • Kitty7814
    Kitty7814 Posts: 52
    Options
    I started seeing results on the scale immediately but on my body not so much. When I look in the mirror sometimes I even think I've gotten bigger. Sometime last week I hit the 20 lb lost mark (from 228) and I don't really see a difference but measurements are showing I've lost 1.5" on my waist, .5" on my neck and .5" on my hips. Hubby says he can see it though. One thing I do wish is that I'd taken actual before pictures when I started so that I could side by side them to see. I haven't been keen to having my photo taken since I've been over 200.
  • LisaRaeWallace
    Options
    I have heard that every 10 lbs lost is approximately an inch.....so usually 10 or 15 pounds lost is going to be noticeable....at least that's been my experience. It also depends (like others mentioned) how much you have to lose and also what you're doing for weight loss....if you're building muscle, your appearance/inches will change more so than your weight in pounds. That's a good thing though!!
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I saw results on the scale in my first week but visably not until I was 20-25lbs down (I am 5'11" though so maybe if you are sroter it would not take as much?).
  • thisiknow0unknown
    Options
    everyone notices something about me has changed and i havent lost any weight. i think its my happiness is back. and i carry myself better so they notice that and cant quite put their finger on it. i love it
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    For me the first 5 pounds came off very quickly. Within 15 days or so I'd say.

This is about when I first noticed. In about 6 weeks after losing about 10-15lbs co-workers would notice.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I only notice because my clothes get big. Other people who don't see me every day comment that they can see a difference. I'm sort of one of those people who is blind about my weight. I still see the "fat(ter) me". 'Course I've had some massive fluctuations (lost 60, gained 40 back, down 10 or so again...), so I've never had time for things to really sink in, haha.

But really, we're all unique little snowflakes when it comes to weight loss, and what works for one might not work for another, etc etc etc
  • tlvasa
    tlvasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Seven came off right away. I think it was water weight. Drink a lot of water so you can get rid of that initially.

I set MFP to lose 2 lb per week which was pretty aggressive. I started working out at the same time. At 10 weeks, I had lost 20 lbs, so it was right on. I didn't cheat and if I went over, I didn't sweat it but stayed true the next day. My workout routine is 20 to 30 minutes a day. If I don't go to Curves (and really work the rest boards, too), I find a video on YouTube (love Fitness Blender).

Do yourself a favor and take measurements (bust, waist, abdomen and thigh). If you get stuck on the scale, rally in the lost inches. If you stay true to diet and exercise, this plan works.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I started here in August of last year at 163 pounds. Since then I've lost 13 pounds (not much) I've been fluctuating for months now BUT the real honest, worth talking about changes didn't really happen until I starting lifting weights about 2-3 months ago. Actual visual results in spite of the scale not moving.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I started losing as soon as I started tracking and staying within my calorie limits. But even after losing 60 pounds I've only had a few people say they've noticed (mostly my children and husband haha). I do have a lot to lose, but I'm down about 4 sizes so you'd think that would make a visible difference. It's hard for me to tell because I still just see how far I have to go still.
  • sharpdagger
    sharpdagger Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When i started Nov. 27th =217
    First week = 1 lbd. i was discouraged because I had been working hard!!!
    Second week 5 lbd drop. I was excited...hard work finally paying off (so 6 lbs total)
    After 1 month I was 11 lbs down total.

Second month - lost 9 lbs total. It's worth noting that for me, sometimes i stay the same weight then boom all of a sudden.
    I was 206 for a while...but I tried to blame the holidays etc. Then all of a sudden I dropped ...just in time for the end of the second month. Down to 197 and I was happy...20 lbds lost in 2 months.

Then I went 6 weeks really at 197 (fluctuating between 195 and 198 but 197 average). Then the 7th week boom...loss of 7 lbs. This was awesome because i was just getting discouraged!

I am seeing changes in my body so i will have to stick with that and wait for the scale to drop when it does. I joined Mfp about a week and 1/2 ago and I worked super hard the first week and when the scale came it was zero pounds lost...so maybe I'm going to do this thing where i go 3-6 weeks with no change then boom.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Within the first week my face started to slim down. I dont know how much I dropped the first week bc i didn't do my first weigh in until a week after I started eating well. but based on peoples reactions I think it was a drastic initial drop lol
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started about 2 months ago - noticed little changes and small drops in weight, then had a bad week or 2 and put it back on. Been stcking with it properly for 4 weeks now and consistently loosing weight, and now a noticable change in size/clothes fitting better. Lost 3kg in 2 months so pretty pleased.

good luck
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So much depends on your height and your body type, too. Focus less on the number on the scale and more on the fit of your clothes or your abilities at the gym. In addition to weight loss goals, I try to come up with fitness goals, too, so even if the scale isn't budging, I know I'm improving myself.

I've looked through other threads that include pics and it seems that if you are taller, weight loss might not seem as obvious because it's distributed differently. Someone who is 5'6" may look noticeably smaller if they lose 25#, but someone who is 5'11" may need 40# before others see it. Take before and after pics, measurements, whatever, so YOU can see results, even if others might not see it yet. Last week I may not have lost much, but I went from being able to do 20 squats comfortably to nearly 40.
  • busymomathome
    busymomathome Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After the expected rapid initial loss of 5 or 6 pounds water weight, I steadily lost 1-2 lbs a week for the first two months. Since then I've been plateaued. No one else can tell a difference in my appearance, but I can see it, and feel it. According to the tape measure I'm down 3" in my waist and 4" in my hips. I still have 25-30 pounds to lose.

My husband, on the other hand, has lost about the same amount of weight as I have, but fewer inches, and yet lots of people have commented on it. I think it's because he wasn't very overweight to begin with, so a 14 lb loss makes a bigger difference in his appearance. He went from looking a little soft, to trim; whereas I went from looking chubby, to a little less chubby, lol.